Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Eighteen

Ryder and I have been driving for a while now. He will not let me know where we are going.

"Why can't I just know where we are going",I ask him turning to look at him.

"Then it won't be a surprise then",he tells me and I just lean back into my seat.

"So you won't even give me a hint",I say and he shakes his head.

"Nope",he says then quickly looks my way smiling then looks back at the road. I just look out the window to see all the trees and places we are passing.

Then he stops in front of this small beautiful lake and I stare at it in awe. He gets out the car quickly and goes around to open my door. Once I get out I stare at the lake then I see Ryder walk past me with a basket that I didn't see him bring.

"Are you coming",he says stopping and looking at me. I nod my head and we walk towards the lake and stop in front of it.

He sets the basket down and opens it then takes out a blue blanket and then sets the blanket down on the green grass.

"Sit down",he says sitting down and I go after him.

The relaxing sounds of the water from the lake and birds chirping fills my ears as I close my eyes. I have not been out the territory in a while so I am enjoying every moment of it.

"What are you thinking about",Ryder asked me and I open my eyes.

"How wonderful it is out of the territory",I say.

"Yeah you said you wanted to go to the park but I thought this place would be more beautiful",he says looking around the lake like he was remembering something. A memory from the look in his eyes.

"Have you been here a lot before",I asked him.

"Yeah a long time ago",he says picking up a stone off the grass and throwing it into the lake.

"Tell me about it. Or not",I say changing my mind when I told him to tell me about it. It looked like it pained him to even say something to remind him of an old memory.

"Reminds me of the time I would spend here with my older brother",he says trailing off.

"Dylan",I say to him and he looks to me and nods his head.

"My mother told you about him",he asked me.

"Not much",I say and he nods.

"Well Dylan and I...used to be close but things changed. Since we were five years apart he had more memories of our father than I had. So everything affected him more and because of that I had the right to challenge him for the Alpha title",he says.

"So I did and turned out I was a stronger,better choice for this pack. He was so angry with me for taking the title away from him. Saying it was the only thing that made him somebody but this pack would have got destroyed if we had one attack with him as the leader of this pack. He then went to another pack and became an Alpha to a weaker pack by challenging the Alpha there. Since he left me and him never talked to each other since then",he says getting sad a little but then makes his face change back to no emotion. Just blank.

"Do you feel bad about it. Bad about everything that happened between you and Dylan",I ask him.

"I feel bad for how things were between us when he left but not for me becoming Alpha. I was the right choice for the pack at the time and he clearly wasn't",he says and I just nod my head in understanding.

"Okay let's eat before the food goes bad",he says and grabs the picnic basket. He opens it and pulls out some containers. I look at the containers to see that they hold sandwiches,fruit,chips,and some dessert. I smile at the food.

"Wow",I say smiling.

"Hope this is all good for you",he says to me.

"This is great",I say.

"Then let's eat",he says and hands me a container and I open it and grab my sandwich and start to take small bites out of it.

"So where do you stay at...because we never sleep in the same place so I was just curious",I ask him.

"I have been staying with Warren",he says.

"Okay. So is there anything else I should know about you",I ask him.

'Well this is a date after all. To get to know someone',I say to myself after I get uneasy from questioning him about his past life,where he has been staying,to about himself.

"Not much to know. My name is Ryder King. My favorite color is blue and I am twenty three",he says and takes a big bite out of his sandwich.

"Well my name is Sophie Tanner. My favorite color is also blue and I am eighteen. Also I am a rare white wolf",I say adding the color of my wolf at the end.

"Wow. A white wolf those are rare in packs now. There is a myth that they hold great power. Even one had a vampire for a mate but that was a long time ago",Ryder says.

"Who knows it could be true because aren't we supposed to be a myth too",I say and he laughs at my small joke then we continue taking a few bites out of the sandwiches and fruit. When we were about to get to the dessert I heard some branches snap in the forest.

"Did you hear that",I ask Ryder and he nods his head. He gets up and walks towards the sound. I get up and go after him. We hear branches breaking in some different places and follow the sound. Then we start to smell blood and then we step into this part of the forest with more trees and I see something I thought I would never ever see again.