Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Two

Once we got home we got home we went to my house to get ready for the ceremony. It's been two hours since we started and one hour until the ceremony starts and we only took showers,washed our faces,put on some makeup,and now we are barely on our hair still dressed in our regular clothes.

"I can't wait until after tonight Sophie. We can finally go off and find our mates then take out positions in the pack with our mate by our sides. I just can't wait",she says happily.

"Me either",I reply back.

Every werewolf has there mate. There other half. Without them you are nothing. Cara and I have been dreaming to find our mate. Males have their senses to find their mate when they are sixteen and us females eighteen.

It's even more difficult to find our mate over the years because some of our mates can be human. So it's either we tell them out secret or not. Some humans don't always feel the mate bond so they can easily reject their werewolf mate but when they do the werewolf's wolf gets heart broken and dies which makes them die. We don't get our wolf until we find our mate.

We spend another thirty minutes working on each others hair until my mother practically runs through the door trying to catch her breath like she has been running for hours. I look at her worried.

"Ms.Tate what's wrong",Cara ask my mother. I was to afraid she was going to tell me something really awful. She never looks this worried unless whatever happening is really serious.

She looks up at us.

"You girls need to get to the safe house with all the other pack members quick",she says raising her voice.

"Mom what's wrong",I ask her. She makes a face like she does not want to tell me what is going on. "Mom please tell me",I tell her raising my voice a little bit.

"We are under attack. Now please go now. We are running out of time. Girls get out of here".

"What about you and dad",I ask.

"What about my parents",Cara ask.

"They are fine and Sophie don't worry about us. I am going to find your father. So quickly go to the safe house and use the code we taught you girls when you were younger. You remember right",she tells and ask us all to quick.

"Yes",I say.

"Then go",she says back. I look up at Cara and we quickly open my closet to get our emergency bag out because in pack emergency we were taught if no one survived but we did then we would have a safety pack with money and clothes to keep us alive for a good while. Not the clothes but the money. I just hope that everyone is alright.

Once me and Cara are almost out the door I look back at my mom and say 'be careful' through the mind link say and she just nods her head at me.

Cara and I are running out of the pack house and we see shifted and unshifted wolves fighting. We see multiple of our pack members dead. Even some of our best pack warriors are dead or seriously injured. At first I couldn't move but then thought about Cara and continued to go to the safe house.

We run to the secret path behind the pack house to get to the safe house and then a wolf jumps in front of us and judging by the wolves dirty fur and smell it was a rouge. Rogues are werewolves with no pack either because they were exiled or they just left. They are horrible and kill without thinking twice about it. The rouge was snapping its teeth at us. He was trying to show that he could out power us.

I was about to shift until another wolf jumped out of nowhere and fought the rouge. They were biting each other until the wolf ripped the rouge's throat out. Then the wolf looked back at us.

'Get the safe house now' he yells at us and we turn around and run to the safe house.

Once me and Cara get to the safe house I knock on the door until someone answers. Someone opens the door with a gun in their hand and Cara and I back up. Once they see who we are they lower their gun and let us inside. Cara and I sit in the far back corner. The omegas,pups,and regular pack members are suppose to be in here but by the amount of people we have in here not many people made it in here alive. Those rogues must have really taken us by surprise.

I am scared right now. My parents and Cara's parents are out there. So are all of these other pack members. Their families could be out there also. I am pulled out of my thoughts by Cara crying. I look up at her with sadness in my eyes. I reach out and pull her close to me to help her relax and feel better.

"Cara everything is going to be alright",I whisper to her in her ears moving a piece of her blond hair out of her face.

"No it's not Sophie. Our pack is out there getting slaughtered and we are just in here and not being able to help. I am scared Soph. What if none of us get out of here alive",she says now full on crying. She is right we could lose our families tonight but she needs to stay with positive hope in her mind and not think of the worst.

"Don't say that Cara. Everyone is going to be just fine. Your parents,my parents,and everyone else in this pack. We are all going to get through this",I say back to her hoping that my words can offer her a little hope.

Another ten minutes go by and I am just getting tired of just sitting here so I quickly get up and tell Cara I will be right back. Then I head towards the door just to peek outside but I am stopped by a guard.

"Sorry,you can't go outside",he says and I sigh in frustration.

"Well my father and my mother your beta and beta female are still out there and so our Cara's parents. There is no word on anything yet",I say.

"I am sorry but no",he says looking at me with a pity look. I don't want his pity. I just want our families to run through that door and say that they are alive and safe.

'Mom where are you',I mind link to my mother.I get no reply back so I go and shoot one more look at the guard. I go and sit back next to Cara who looks miserable from crying her eyes out.

"I am sure everyone is okay",I say to her and bring her in for a hug. We just sit there is silence for ten more minutes when the door to the safe house is opened and then my mom walk in. I quickly stand up and look up at her. I rushed over to her to hug her.

"Mom you're okay",I say through my non stop crying.

"Yeah",she says smiling at me like she is trying to hide something.

"Mom what's wrong",I say looking at her worried. Cara sees us and walks over.

"Beta Female is everything fine? Where are my parents? Did something happen",Cara ask so fast that she seemed to be having a slight panic attack. My mom looks Cara then me and sighs and starts crying.

'Oh no...my dad',I thought.

'Please don't be him',I said to myself.

"Cara...you need to talk to your mom about this",my mom says back still crying. Cara's eyes go to the door and she quickly runs out of the house. I give my mother a look in confusion but she can barely keep eye contact with me for a few seconds. I run outside to Cara. I run and continue looking for Cara when I hear her screaming. As much as my feet can handle, I ran over to where she was as fast as I can. I see her on her knees screaming and crying at the same time. I slowly walk over to her and when I get towards the screaming I see something I am not prepared to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is Chapter Two. Hope you enjoy it. :D Sorry for mistakes.....story is not fully edited.