Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Twenty

"Why do you think it is him. Your own brother",I asked him.He just looked side to side then back at me. I was just confused.

"I cannot tell you here",he says to me and I nod my head still confused.

"Okay where",I ask him.

"In my office",he says and starts to walk towards his office with me following right behind him. Once we get to the door he gets the keys and unlocks the door and walks in. After we are both inside he locks the door. I turn to look at him.

"So why do you think it is him",I ask him and his eyes show the emotions of denial and disbelief.

"Because I just know",he says in a low voice.

"Your brother. You can’t just accuse him",I ask him.

'How can someone blame their brother',I thought to myself.

"Yes. It must be h",he says quickly going over to his desk and wiping the sweat that is forming on his forehead.

"Why do you think it is him that is causing all of this",I ask him and he look back at me.

"Because. All the signs are there. He lost the Alpha position to me and he is looking for revenge. By hurting me. Hurting this pack. By hurting you",he says walking closer to me and cupping my cheeks with his warm hands. His eyes show that he is scared.

'Help him',my wolf says to me.

'How',I ask her.

"You won't lose me",I say to him and he shakes his head.

"I have to leave",he says and I step away from him.

"What",I ask him.

"No. Not like that. Just get some warriors and head over to his pack",he says to me.

"No you can't",I say getting sad. If he is worrying about his brother wanting to get back at him then why is he not worried of what his brother might do to him.

"This is the only way to protect you",he says stepping closer to me and his voice sounds as if it might break.

"How long will you be gone",I asked him.

"Not long. Just a week. Maybe two",he says and I nod my head but still feel uneasy about him leaving.

"Don't worry. Everyone will be here for you",he says and then I remember Lisa.

"What about Lisa? Her sister will need a---",I trail off.

"A funeral yes. All the families will have one. I won't be here for it though",he says and I nod my head.

"I must talk to her and make sure that she is okay",I say to him and turn to the door but he grabs my hand.

"No. Just give her some space right now. She just lost her sister",he says and I was about to protest but then agreed.

"Yeah. Everything it is just too",I pause going to sit down on one of the chairs in the front of the desk.

"It's just too overwhelming. All of this",I say shaking my head.

"I know not every happened the way we wanted it to but either way we are here together now",he says and I smile a little.

"Weird to think that how we got together though",I say smiling and he smiles back at me while sitting down on his chair behind the desk.

"Yeah I could not just let myself see my mate and let her go",he says and I nod my head. I now do understand that an Alpha cannot live without their mate.

"Yeah I guess if things were switched around then I would be the same way",I say to him while letting out a yawn.

"Are you tired",he asks me and I shake my head.

"Just a little",I say with my voice now tired.

"You can go to bed I won't leave until tomorrow afternoon",he says and I nod my head.

"Okay. See you tomorrow",he says while I am walking towards the door.

"Goodnight",I say and leave towards the pack house. Once I step inside I still see some of the families that lost someone. I go to the kitchen to look for Zoey and once I get in there she is cleaning the dishes.

"Hey Zo",I say stepping towards her but she just stops for a second then gets back to cleaning.

"Zo",I say again and she stops and puts the plate scrubber down in the soapy water. Then she turns to me but not looking me in the eye.

"Is there something I can help you with",she asks me.

"I was just asking if Lisa is okay",I ask her and she just shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know why don't you ask her. No wait you had her sedated while she was mourning over her sister's death",she snaps at me.

"We had no choice Zo. She was going to shift. When someone is sad and upset...shifting is just not a really good thing to happen. She could have hurt someone. Are you mad at me",I ask her and she looks me in the eyes.

"I don't know. I just don't feel happy about what you did. I didn't want to say this but those bodies were found because of you weren't they",she asked me and I stare at her confused.

"What does that have to do with anything",I ask her.

"Nothing. Maybe everything. We Omegas lead a hard life Soph. When one of us die the Alpha's never really do care about it. So why do you",she asks me.

"I care because you guys are my friends",I tell her.

"Does not always seem like it. Your old pack might have been okay hearing you complain about everything but here it is different. Ever since you got here it has always been about you",she says and turns back around and starts washing the dishes again. I glare at the back of her head.

"Wait where is all this coming from. I am not sorry that I am not a perfect friend. I had a life in my old pack that I loved and now I am here. Sorry if my life was not like yours because I don't understand the Omega life that all you guys lived. I was born a Beta and now a future Luna so I never had to experience the hard life you guys live but what about you. You were a Beta all your life",I tell her.

"You have no right to bring up my old life Sophie",she says to me sounding a little angry.

"And you have no right to bring up mine. I thought you were my friend but I guess I was wrong",I say and walk away to my room. Once I get inside I sit on my bed feeling really upset.

'What do I do Alice',I ask my wolf.

'How am I supposed to know',she asks me.

'You are my wolf. You are suppose to know everything',I say to her.

'Well not these little kid problems. They are your friends. Not mine',she says and cuts me off. Then I decide to talk to someone who will actually talk to me and give me the best advice. I grab my phone and dial in a number then wait for her to pick up.

"Hello",she says and I feel happy to hear her voice.

"Hey mom",I say to her and she gasp in surprise.

"Sophie? Is that really you",she asks me in surprise.

"Yes mommy. It's me",I say with my eyes tearing up in happiness.

"Oh my. I missed you so much",she says to me and I smile.

"I missed you too mom. How's dad and Cara",I ask her.

"They are doing fine. Cara is doing well. Your father helps teach other warriors in training now. How is everything with you honey",she asks me. I just sigh in frustration.

"I really don't know right now",I say to her.

"Tell me about it",she says.

"Ryder and I...we have gotten along but some things are happening right now and the friends I made think I don't understand them because of it. My friends think I don't understand them",I say to her and she sighs.

"Of course they are not sweetie. Whatever you are going to now. It may be hard on you but it is also hard on them too. Just give them some time and space. They will come around eventually",she says. It makes me smile at how she always gives me the best advice.

"You're right",I say.

"Now let's talk about my future son-in-law",she says in a teasing tone and I let out a small laugh.

"I have not thought about that. We are taking things slow mom",I say to her.

"Why? I am not getting any younger. I need my grandchildren that I can spoil",she says and I laugh again.

"Well you would have to be waiting a little longer mom. We are nowhere close to the mating stage right now",I tell her and she gasped.

"What you haven't completed the mating stage? You need to soon because with you being the future Luna puts you more at risk",she says to me and I just roll my eyes.

"I know mom",I back to her.

"You know when I first met your father...when he first wanted to mate with me...we both you---",she says and I cut her off.

"Mom. Stop. That is so gross",I say making a fake vomiting sound.

"Ha ha. Don't laugh. You and Ryder will do that to in the future",she says.

"Yeah. Well mom..what else have I missed",I asked her and she started to fill me in on everything that has happened. Cara might not get that position as an Alpha-Female to her uncle's pack because she doesn't want it. My father has been teaching warriors and my mother is now helping the Omegas with their work because she loves helping them. Cara's mother has done some improvement also with losing her mate. We can live without them it just won't ever be the same in life without them.

"Okay sweetie get some sleep",she says to me and yawns.

"Yeah I have to. Ryder has to leave tomorrow anyways",I say.

"For what? Is everything okay",she asked me now sounding wide awake.

"Yes. It's just....you know what I will talk to you another time mom. I am just really tired right now",I say.

"Okay sweetie goodnight love you. We all do. I will tell your father you said hi,so he does not go crazy from you not calling him. He is still in denial that his little girl had found her mate",she says. I can tell she is smiling.

"Okay I will. Goodnight mom and love you too",I say and then hang up the phone then set my phone down. Running a hand over my face,I decide to get up and wash my face. When I got into the bathroom and turned on the light I saw my makeup was smeared and tears stained my cheeks. Under my eyes I saw they were red.

I turned on the water and got some face wash and clean up face. After I brushed my teeth then went to the room to change into my pajamas. After I picked up my phone and stared at it. I felt like I was missing something. I dialed in another number and waited for them to pick up.

"Hello",he says and I start to get a tingly feeling from hearing his voice.

"Ryder. It's me Sophie",I tell him.

"Are you okay? Nothing bad is happening right",he asked me really fast and sounding really worried. I just laughed a little.

"You think every time I call you there is something bad happening",I ask him and I just get silence.

"Okay maybe sometimes when I did need to talk to you,it was about something bad but I didn't call you for it",I say to him.

"What did you need",he asks me.

"I just need someone with me here tonight. I just thought that person should be you because you know...you are my mate",I say to him and in the background I hear papers shuffling.

"Or not. Are you busy",I ask him when I am just greeted with silence.

"Nope",he says emphasizing on the 'p'.

"Okay...so",I say trailing off.

"I will just be there in ten minutes",he says and I smile.

"Yes. See you in ten minutes",I say smiling.

"In ten minutes",he says and I hang up. I lay my head back on my soft pillows and wait for Ryder to get here.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard the bedroom door opened.

"Hey",he says and I shoot my head up.

"Hey",I say and then rub my eyes but stop when Ryder starts to take off his shirt. Then he takes off his pants and turns around to face me.

"Is there something you like",he says while smirking at me and I roll my eyes.

"Not really",I say to him.

"Well you have time to like every part of my body because it is yours babe",he says and lays down under the blankets with me. I just stare into his eyes and he stares into mine.

"Weird how everything between us happened",I say to him and he nods his head.

"Do you regret any of it",he asked me while having a look in his eye that looks like love.

'Do I regret any of this',I ask myself.

'I did get something good out of it. A mate',I added. I looked him in the eye.

"No I don't regret any of this. At first I did but now I don't",I say to him and he smiles. He gets closer to me and I freeze.

'What is happening',I ask my wolf and all I get from her is the feeling of happiness. Then Ryder placed his lips on mine and all I felt was a good feeling from the small passionate kiss he was giving me. When he pulled away we were both smiling. Him smiling normally but me smiling like an love struck idiot.

"Goodnight",he says still smiling.

"Goodnight",I say back to him. I let him pull me in closer so we can go to sleep but before I did go to sleep I heard him say words that caught me a little by surprise.

"I love you Sophie Tanner",he says and then I am greeted by sleep thinking of Ryder's words.

He loves me.