Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Twenty Two

“Goodbye Sophie. I will be back soon I promise,”Ryder told me as we both stood near the door. After the little incident he has got rid of all the male staff inside of the house and assigned male guards that already had mates to watch over me. My wolf continued to howl in pain because Ryder was leaving when we needed him the most. I gave him a small smile as he lowered his head and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

“I will miss you too,”I said with my eyes looking into his while giving him a small smile. I wanted to pull him into a hug and tell him not to leave but I knew that it would be the neat speaking. I am not ready to give myself fully over to him just yet. He turned and walked away into a car with Warren.

‘No. No. He can’t leave. Make him stay,’Alice cried out to me as she too was feeling the pain of heat. Why did the moon goddess have to give us such a pain condition that we have to endure every month.

‘No Alice. He must leave. You may be another part of me but I would like to wait to give myself to him,’I said before cutting her off. The car started to leave. I stayed outside until it was gone far away in the distance.

“Come on Luna. Let's get you inside before all the unmated males start to run over here,”one of the maids said as she softly pushed me in the direction of the house. I suddenly let out a growl filled with authority which made her step back and submit to me. I was shocked. What did I do?

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know what I was doing,”I said. The maid just nodded.

“It's okay Luna. The heat changes us,”the maid said softly but I can tell I scared her half to death. As she lead me back inside I couldn’t help but think of Ryder.

Ryder’s POV

When we drove away from the pack territory. My wolf whimpered as we left. He wanted her and so did I. I wanted to wait until she was out of heat and actually wanted me. For now I must find Dylan and make him answer for what he has done to my pack.

“Ryder are you sure you want to do this,”Warren asked me. I just gave him a glance which gave him my answer. I was completely unsure. The last time I saw Dylan he was unstable and went on a killing spree for not getting the Alpha title.

~Flashback~

Dylan just killed another Omega. The pack has started to get worried for their future and have feared their new Alpha. I had to stop him. No matter what it took.

“Dylan,”I yelled from outside of the Alpha house. I got no response and yelled once again. A few seconds after he stepped out of the house with blood all over him.

“Little brother,”he greeted me with a evil side smirk. I just took a step back away from him as I stared at him in shock.

“Dylan what have you done,”I asked.

“I did what needed to be done. That stupid ass bitch of an omega disrespected me so I killed him,”he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

“This is not how an Alpha should lead. You aren’t suppose to be doing this Dylan,”I said shaking my head back and forth. His eyes narrowed at me.

“You dare tell me how to lead my pack that was left to me!”

“It won’t be your pack for much longer Dylan.”

“And who is going to take it from me. You? You are pathetic and weak. I am the Alpha. I will always be the Alpha,”he yelled at me as his eyes turned black. He began to shift half way as did I.

~Flashback over~

“Ryder. Were close,”Warren said to me. That's when I noticed we have been driving for hours and I haven’t been paying much attention to anything. My body tense for a split second. I was going to face Dylan after all these years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter was short. I am back into writing this story. Also for the next few chapters you will get a view of Ryder's side and get flashbacks of the time before he was the Alpha. Comment what you think will happen next with Sophie or what will happen when Dylan is found....if he is found?