Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Three

Oh my gosh....he is dead. The Alpha is dead. Cara's father is dead.

Cara is crying over her father's dead body. I hurry and go over to her and wrap my arms around her then join in and cry with her. Alpha Morgan was like another father to me and now he is gone. I look around and see our whole pack,our land is all destroyed.

Everything that made us a pack over the years are all gone. Children,omegas,and warriors are dead and will never get to see their families ever again. All of the families get outside and see their loved ones dead. They weep and cry over their loss. Mates now their wolves are dying because of their mates were murdered and taken from them.

"He's dead Soph",Cara says crying. I wish something good can happen for once.

Cara's mother is there looking broken and now she is completely broken because now her wolf is gone. She can still shift but without her wolf she will feel alone no matter what.

I turn to my parents and hug them as they cry over the loss of their friend. All of the pack members are all around us mourning their pack members and Alpha. We cannot just stand here and do nothing. I get out of the hug that I was in and look at my parents. My face is stained with tears.

"What are we going to do",I ask them while wiping my tears away.

"That is for Cara and her mother to decide sweetie",my mother says to me and I just nod my head. 'Cara is the new Alpha now',I just realized and that makes me her Beta. Her mother is now zeta Alpha female and my parents are the zeta Betas.

Some warriors choose to move all of the bodies somewhere else. Everyone else moved inside the safe house to sleep. We would all have to decide what to do tomorrow. I fell asleep comforting Cara and her mother telling them that everything will be alright.

They both feel asleep with red puffy eyes and tears staining their cheeks.

When I wake up in the morning I feel awake but when I remember last night's events I feel depressed and like I have failed the pack in some way. I would just have to stay strong and put on a brave face for when Cara wakes up.

I go to the kitchen of the safe house and see some omegas cooking but still have a sad and depressed look glued onto their faces. I sit down at the table and an omega sets a plate of food in front of me and I just offer her smile. After I spend five minutes pushing my food around on my plate my parents walk in the kitchen and sit at the table. My father has not said a word since last night. He just lost his best friend.

Cara walks in and hurries and sits down next to me at the table. Her mother is probably still in her room mourning her husband. Someone is probably with her. People never know how someone reacts to the loss of their mate. Sometimes the pain of losing a mate can be so strong that some people kill themselves over it.

"Hey Car",I say offering her a smile. She looks up at me and just looks sad.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you are hurt",I say and then she nods. Her eyes start to tear up again so I pull her in for a hug and tell her things in her ear saying 'everything is going to be okay' and 'stay strong'. She really needs to be for her pack. Even though she is hurting she must be strong in case something else happens.

Later on that day we built holes for all of the dead pack members all over the land for the families to give their families and pack members a proper goodbye. Each grave was decorated with flowers. We don't have to worry about humans stumbling around any of the graves and finding them because each new pack has a witch make a spell that makes humans stay away. The only humans that know about us is like another wolves human mate or hunters.

At night I am talking to my parents. My father started to speak again. He had to. We all had to help the pack stay strong. Then Cara and her mother came in.

"Sophie. Zeta Beta and Zeta Beta Female. We would like to speak to you guys in the other room please",Cara says. She looks like she could break any second but she is really trying to stay strong.

We all get up and go to the other room and sit down. Then Cara looks up at her mother and her mother nods at her.

"As the new leader in charge I choose for us to join my uncles pack. We called them earlier to ask them for permission to join their pack and they gave us permission to travel to their land. If we leave tomorrow morning we should be there before midnight",she says all quickly at one time.

I look at her surprised. So do my parents. She wants us to move into the pack in Texas. We are in Tennessee. I quickly stand up having an upset look on my face.

"Cara. We are just going to leave. What about the pack. We can rebuild. Leaving cannot be our only option",I say.

We can't leave because of this',I said to her through the mind link still have an upset look on my face.

"Sophie we cannot stay here. Most of our pack was slaughter in front of us. If we stay here the rogues can come back and attack and we will all die. I don't want to leave. But this is are only option. My father...Soph....he died here....I can't...I can't",she says and breaks down crying again.

My face softens and I start to understand. She is just not ready.

"Cara I am sorry. I will stand by your side if you think this is the right decision for all of us",I say smiling and showing her that I now support her decision.

After a while we announce to the pack that we are leaving. Some are leaving with us. Some refused to leave to another pack so they are choosing to become a rogue. Also there is a chance we can get attack while traveling. We are sad to see them go but they want to leave so respect their decision.

We all go to sleep that night with asking ourselves what will the Moon goddess throw at us next. I am starting to think that she will never help anyone. Is she even real?

In the morning we all say goodbye to the pack members that are choosing to go rogue. We gather as many things as we can. Emergency money and a couple sets of clothes each person.

Our clothes and money our being put in a secure bag so we can tie it to our legs when we are traveling in our wolf form.

I just shift in my wolf not wanting to take off my clothes first. I already have extra in my bag.

My wolf is pure white. It's a rare color. Some believe that white wolves are special and have powers but most say it's just a myth.

Everyone starts to run off into the forest to our new pack that's miles away. I take one more look at my home before leaving off to my new one.