Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Four

Traveling away from our home was the hardest thing I had to do in my life. We have been traveling all night and now we are in the afternoon. Some packs land we went was not that bad. We told them where we were heading and they let us cut through the short cuts on their land.

Now it's starting to get dark and we are all tired and hungry. Cara wanted us to keep on moving so we can get to her uncle's pack in time but we are too tired to go on another mile. So we found some unclaimed land and set up camp there.

Some pack warriors went to go get us our food. I see Cara just sitting on the ground staring off into space. I just go and sit next to her.

"Everything will be okay Cara. We are almost there",I say to her. She keeps on thinking that any moment we are going to be attacked.

"Nothing will ever be okay Soph. They killed him...my father and they got away with it. Nothing will ever be okay as long as they are still out there. Alive and breathing",she says with sadness mixed with anger is in her voice.

"Cara don't think that way right now. I get you are hurt but right now we have to think of the pack. Okay",I say to her and she slowly nods her head.

The pack warriors we sent out came running back to the camp quickly. They have brought no food for the pack and they have scared looks on their faces. Cara and I run up to them. So does my parents and Cara's mom. They try to speak but are still catching their breaths.

"What happened",Cara ask in her alpha tone which will make them answer to her.

"We were being chased and Mike didn't make it back. They took him Alpha Female Morgan",he says with a scared look on his face. That is when I noticed we sent out three men and only two came back.

I was trying to process what was happening. We just got attacked and now we get attacked again. I am pulled out of my thinking by hearing howls and growls of other wolves. Wolves that are not rogues but they are not one from this pack either.

Some pack members are choosing to shift to protect their families. I shift quickly and look into the distance growling back at those other wolves. Soon after my parents shift.

Cara was about to shift but I told her no through the mind link. 'You don't need to be fighting right now',I say to her through the mind link. She gave me a sad look but nodded her head understanding what I meant.

Then some wolves come out of the forest and are still growling. We growl back at them and snapping at them. One I can tell is a Beta. He got in front of his pack members and shifted back standing there naked with no problem. Since we are wolves we see each other naked a lot but some of us are still uncomfortable with even being half naked in front of others. He looks at all of us with a glare.

"Shift",he shouts at all of us with his authority voice. Since I am a beta and my parents are too his tone does not affect us. Neither does it affect Cara and her mother. But it does affect the other shifted wolves of other ranks in our pack because they shift back and have to stand there naked.

The Beta looks at us,the ones that are still shifted.

"I said shift",he says now raising his voice. We have no choice but to shift. Everyone shifts except me.

"You must have a death wish young wolf",he says to me.

"Sophie shift now",my father yells at me. I growled and showed some authority with my wolf. My father looks at me and I start to shift back to my human form.

Then I shift and I am there naked. I turn around hurry and grab blankets for me and my parents and give it to them. Now that we are covered I glared at the Beta.

"What have we done wrong Beta",my father says trying to keep his voice low and calm.

"You have trespassed on our land",the Beta says.

"We had no idea we were on your pack's land. I apologize. We believed this land to have been unclaimed. If you give us some time we will be out of here",my father says talking for all of us because Cara looks like she is shock. She must have thought we were being attacked again.

"I cannot allow that. Our Alpha of the Midnight pack gets to decide who leaves and enters the land. You and your pack will be coming back with us",he says looking at the other wolves and then nods his head. 'They are going to capture us',I thought to myself and panicking a little. I start growling at them and they stop coming near us.

"Try and take one of us and see what happens",I say and my eyes start changing color.

"That is really cute you are trying to protect your pack but that will only result in us killing you pup",he says smiling.

'Oh hell no he did not just call me a pup',I say to myself.

I was about to shift until Cara grabbed my arm and shook her head no to me.

'Why',I said through the mind link.

'Because we are out numbered. They will kill you. They will kill all of us',she says snapping back at me.

Then I calm down and Cara looks at the Beta.

"We will go with you back to your pack but we do not want to be harmed on the way there",Cara says.

"Oh you would not have to worry about us harming you guys. You should worry about the Alpha",he says laughing a little with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Do you think this is a joke",I snap at him. I know one day me snapping at people will get me killed but until then I can care less about it.

"I really don't care pup",he says back and then turns to everyone else.

"Let's go",after he says that everyone starts to get their stuff up in their bags. Naked pack members get dressed. Everyone gets their things and we follow the other pack into the forest.

We are walking for a good thirty minutes. Then we reach their main pack land.

'Who knew a pack can be so big',I thought to myself.

This pack has land that is like three times the sizes our was. The pack warriors led us all to a small house were surprisingly all of our pack members fit in there. Well when we were attacked we lost a lot of our people anyways. Cara and my parents go to another room to speak to the Alpha of the pack.

I just tired of staying there in that room so I ask the guard if I can walk around the land and they agreed. He said if I tried to run then they will go after me.

I was walking around and I just got curious and went towards the room Cara and my parents were in talking to the Alpha. I went near the door to hear what they were talking about.

They were trying to talk the Alpha into letting us go but the sounds of everything seemed like they were having no luck at all. He probably wants to trick us into attacking and then his pack will kill us all. I hear this alpha here of this pack is cruel and loves watching his victims beg for mercy.

I was about to turn around and leave but then the smell of someone hit me. They smelled like some good smelling men's cologne. The same person must have smelled me too because they opened the door. I looked at the person and from their scent I can tell who he was.

'Oh shit',I thought while looking at him in shock.

The Alpha is my mate.