Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Six

After I headed back to the pack house I see Ryder talking to my parents. Then when I get closer they must have heard me coming because their heads snap in my direction. My mom looked happy for me but my father looked devastated. Ryder then leaves but first looks at me one more time before leaving. I hurry and go up to my parents and hug them both.

"Sophie why did you just agree to this. We could have helped you out of this",my father says to me raising his voice.

"Flynn! Why would you say that? You know that you cannot break the bond between them",my mother snaps at my father.

If I did leave then I would go into deep depression and probably will go crazy from being away from my mate for too long. I just look up at them.

"I had to agree because if I didn't then he would not let any of you guys go. He said he would get you to Cara's uncle's pack safely",I say.

"What will Cara say? Hmm....you are leaving everyone behind Sophie",my father snaps at me which makes me flinch and look at him with hurt him in my eyes that he would speak to me like that.

"I am sorry dad but I had to. Cara is strong. I did what I thought was right",I say to my parents with my voice sounding really small.

"It's okay sweetie we understand",my mom says and hugs me.

I look up at my dad and he shakes his head and walks away. I started to cry.

'This is breaking up my family',I told my wolf hoping that she would understand but her only reply was, 'You made the right choice'.

"Don't worry sweetie he will come around. Maybe you should talk to Cara",my mom says wiping away my tears and I nod my head.

I walk back to the house that everyone was staying at and then went to Cara's room. I knock on the door and she opens it. By the look on her face she was just crying and was upset.

"Cara what's wrong",I ask her looking worried.

"You're staying here and you are leaving us",she says with a saddened voice.

Crap she heard us outside talking. Alphas do have better hearing and senses then other werewolves.

"I have to. He is my mate",I say to her simply.

"Then I am staying with you",she says her eyes tearing up.

"No you can't",I say to her.

"I can and I want to. You are my best friend and I don't want to leave you",she says a tear falling from her eye.

"Cara listen to me. I know everything has gone bad but you need to lead the pack. You can't stay here because you can't just abandon everyone for me. We all have to make sacrifices even when they break us",I say and now a few tears are falling out of my eyes.

"I can't",she says crying.

"Yes you can because I believe in you",I say embracing her in a hug.

We were crying for a while. I told her I would never forget our friendship and visit her. We continued to cry until we both fell asleep.

Morning came and at first I forgot everything was happening again. The attack and Ryder but then I remember and it was like a punch in the face. Now all I had to do was say goodbye. I looked over to Cara to she her hair messy and her tear stained face. I got cleaned up and changed my clothes and went to the living room. My parents were sitting on the couch.

'Will he talk to me',I say through the mind link to my mother. She then turns her head and looks at me then got up off the couch and turned to look at me.

'Find out yourself',she said and smile at me then left to the other room. I sat down next to my father and look at him in the eye.

"Dad please don't be mad at me",I say and my eyes start to tear up. He then turns to me and pulls me into a hug which surprises me.

"Sweetheart I am not mad at you. I am just upset that all this happened and now I have to leave you here",he says.

“I thought what I was doing is the right thing for all of us. Dad you are not going to lose me. You can call and I can visit you anytime you want”,I say trying to make him feel better but he just rolled his eyes at that.

“Sweetie. Your mate is an Alpha. Remember I had a bestfriend who was an Alpha and he was possessive over his mate. All Alphas are”,he says and I start to think if Ryder will ever let me stay in contact with my family or if he will allow me to have any freedom.

We just sit there for a little while longer. Then after awhile everyone was packing their things and were now outside waiting for the vehicles to get here to take them to Cara's uncle's pack.

I go outside and hug everyone goodbye. I spent a little bit longer saying goodbye to my parents and Cara which was extremely painful.

The cars started to leave and from the window I saw Cara. So I waved to her as the car was leaving. I waved until I could no longer see the car far out in the distance. Now I am alone.