Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Eight

I run back to the house. Once I get inside I see Zoey and some other pack members inside talking. Zoey then turns her head in my direction and looks at me questionably. I don't want her feeling any pity for me so I run up the stairs so the room and shut the door.

'He does not care about me',I say to my wolf. He never did care because he never saved himself for me. Instead he has been with that slut. My wolf only whimpers but does not answer.

Sitting on the bed with my head down thinking what I can do to get out of here. A knock comes at my door and my head shoots up. At first I think it is Ryder but I smell a completely different scent other than his.

"Who is it",I ask feeling irritated that anyone would bother me right now.

"It's me. Can I come in",she ask. 'Maybe I could use a friend right now',I thought to myself.

"Sure",I said and then the door opened. Zoey closed the door and sat in front of me looking at me with a little worry.

"What's wrong? You were alright earlier",she says to me.

"It's Ryder. I went to go see him and then when I got to his office he was in there with some stupid slut",I say sounding sad. Everything so far everything that has happened has made me sad.

"You mean Jessica",she ask and giggling a little bit. I look up at her feeling a little anger in me.

"What is so funny",I say looking at her with complete seriousness. When she looks at my face she starts laughing even more.

"The mate bond does make you extremely jealous. Ryder and Jessica have been over for a long time. She just tries to seduce him from time to time. Hoping that she can become the pack Luna",she says trying to contain her laughter.

I know feel stupid. Thinking that Ryder would still be with her. Let alone have sex with her. I still feel upset about that.

"But what about mates saving themselves for each other",I say starting to get upset again. I look back at Zoey and see she is lost in her own mind. Then she snaps out of it then smiles and looks at me. Then I put two and two together.

"You were just talking to him weren't you",I say looking upset that she would talk to him right now.

"I didn't tell him about the conversation we just had Sophie. Don't worry. I just ask him if I can take the pack credit card to take you somewhere",she says. Of course he will just say yes. Well he must know that money will not make me just fall right into his arms. But then again I could use some new clothes and girl products. I just look up at her and smile.

"I guess I could get a few things",I say and then she smiles.

"Okay well let's go",she says and we exit the room to go out the house. We get a few other girls to go with us. Lisa the omega I met earlier and May and April identical twin Delta girls who are part of the Delta family. We all get in the car and start driving but we stop in front of Ryder's office then he walks out. He starts walking over to the car and then I turn to Zoey and mind link her.

'Why is he coming towards the car',I say raising my voice through the mind link at her because she was in the front seat. I was sitting in the back with May and April. I notice how my authority voice does not have much effect on her and wonder why. I will just ask her later.

'To give us the credit card. What do expect? For us to buy our stuff with our good looks. Oh what a good idea",she says sarcastically back through the mind link. I just roll my eyes.

Ryder gets closer to the car and the driver rolls the windows down. Ryder then pulls out the credit card and hands it to Zoey.

"Thank you Alpha",she says putting her head down and giving him a smile.

"No need to thank me. Just make sure that she gets whatever she needs. And bring some more protection with you.",he says looking at me then back at Zoey. She just nods her head. Three guards get in the car. He clearly does not trust us. Well not us....me. He does not have enough trust in me.

'Have fun',he says to me through the mind link. I say nothing back. Ryder nods to the driver and then the driver rolls the window back up and drives us out of the territory.

During the car ride I learn that May and April have mates in the pack already. May's mate is an Omega and April's mate is an Warrior. Lisa is still a little too young to find hers but told us when she finds him that she will be the happiest girl on the planet. I used to believe that but now I wish I had a little more freedom.

We stopped at the mall and all got out the car. We all ran inside so fast that out guards had to sprint to catch up with us. We all went into Forever 21 and got as many clothes as we can. Then we went to the dressing rooms and put on a small fashion show for each other. We tried on a lot of dress,pants,shirts. I choose to buy a dark blue dress,some black and some blue pairs of pants,and lots of shirts. Zoey bought a lot of dark colored clothes. Lisa bought a lot of bright colored things. April and May got all of there stuff almost matching. 'Well they are twins',I told myself. We exited the store.

We all went to Claire's and a bunch of other stores. When we went to Victoria's Secret. May and April bought a bunch of lingerie to show off to their mates. I bought somethings but not to show to Ryder. Not anytime soon is he going to see my body. My body is not bad or anything is just he does not deserve to see me like that yet. I am going to make him earn it.

After we all went to the food court to get some food. May and April sat together. Lisa sat with all the guards. I sat with Zoey. We were eating until I remember that Zoey does not fully get affected by the authority voice. 'Maybe she would not mind if I ask about it',I thought to myself.

"Hey Zoey when I raise my voice at you earlier....I was wondering...why didn't my voice have much effect on you",I say shyly. I feel weird asking her something kinda personal.

She just sighs and puts her food down.

"Well I am not from this pack originally. I was from another pack really far away from here",she says looking off somewhere else.

"Okay...",I say trailing off.

"Well I was a Beta child to my Beta parents---",she was saying but I cut her off.

"Wait you are a Beta child to another pack. Your suppose to be..."I trailing off confused about what I am hearing.

"Yeah supposed to stay with my pack. Well my parents never accepted me for who I was.....I had an affair with the Alpha's daughter and she never wanted them to know about us. But when they did they never believed me. She said I was lying and said that to cover up the fact that it was my fault that something's happened in the pack that I really do not want to bring up again. So they treated me like I was a disease. My parents disowned me and everyone in the pack started to ignore me when I was being abused by the Alpha. One day I got out and ran away. I got a chance to start over and I took it",she says her eyes getting watery and sighing like she does not want to talk about this anymore so I let it go.

"I am sorry",I say to her.

"It's okay. It is in the past",she says giving me a small smile.

we start to talk about other things. Being here reminds me of Cara. When I remember Cara,I also remember my family. Soon the other girls come over to our table and they start chatting with us too,while the guards are in the background. For once out of all my time here I am feeling happy but then I was starting to also feel sad because Ryder was not here.

After we were all done eating we throw our trash away and started walking. We were all walking when we saw some men walking also. It was not the way they look that caught our attention it was their smell that made our wolves go out on alert. Only one type of wolves can smell like that.

Rogues.