Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Nine

The smell of the rouge was terrible. Each pack has there own smell but rogues have a revolting stench. Two men stepped in front of us with evil smirks on their faces.

"Well hello there",one says and takes a step towards us.

"She is not interested",Zoey says glaring at them.

"Well then maybe you are",the other one says trying to sound sexy.

"Sorry but I am not batting for your team",she says hoping they would get the message.

"You know a future Luna should not be out and about without protection",the first one says again. What he says makes my eyes go wide.

'How does her know who I am',I say to my wolf.

"How do you know who I am",I ask eying them suspiciously backing up and pulling on Zoey to make her back up too.

"We know a lot of things. Also we know that you don't like your mate. So why don't you come with us",he says smiling.

Then if popped into my head that the guards were not with us and the other girls just stayed silent. They are too scared to talk to a rouge.

"No thanks. I am happy where I am",I say.

'Am I really happy',I question myself.

'Of course you are because we have our mate',my wolf says.

"Well maybe it won't last long because one day someone can just somehow destroy your pack",he says hinting something.

I have about to reply then heard a familiar growl behind us. I turned around to see Ryder speed walking over to us.

"What are you doing rogues? Talking to people from my pack",he asked them each word angrily.

"We were just simply talking to the kind ladies of your pack. Especially your future Luna here is one fine beautiful lady. It would be a shame if something were to happen to her",the rouge says trying to get under Ryder's skin.

He was starting to growl and make a scene in the mall because humans were now looking this way. I had to stop this.

"Ryder lets just go home. You are causing a scene",I say looking at him with pleading eyes and grabbing on to his arm.

He looks around to see humans looking at us and then turns back to the rogues.

"If I ever see you two near any people of this pack ever again you won't be so lucky",he says glaring at them. The rogues just glare and walk away. Ryder then turns back to all f us looking extremely mad.

"Where are the guards",he ask really angrily and loudly.

Right at the moment the guards come back over to us but when they see Ryder they have fear in their eyes.

"Lets all get back to the pack house and then I will deal with all of you later",he says the last part and pointing at all the guards. He really emphasized on the word deal which made the guards look at him with even more fear in their eyes. I go to the back of the group near the guards.

"Don't worry he won't do anything to any of you",I say offering them a smile.

When we were outside getting into the car Zoey handed the card back to him. I was about to get in the car we came in but then when I was holding the door someone grabbed my hand. The feeling I got let me know that it was Ryder. I turned around and looked at him.

"You are riding with us",he says.

"Why should I",I ask looking at him with a glare.

"Because the guards don't know how to watch their future Luna",he says and I just go into his car not wanting to argue.

Once we get home it was already in the evening we all go into the pack house. Ryder was about to go after the guards but I stopped him.

"Just let them off the hook",I say.

"Why",he ask looking after their retreating figures.

"Because they made a mistake. Please for me just drop it",I say trying to look pleading as possible.

He closes his eyes and takes a breath at first but then opens his eyes and nods. Then he walks away. I go back to the house and get ready for bed. Then I notice that Ryder never came to the room at night.

'He probably sleeps with that slut',I think to myself in my head but it also causes me to feel sad to think he would be with her.

'Remember what Zoey said that he is not even with her',my wolf says trying to defend Ryder.

I just eventually fall into a dream and my dream was the one I had at the time when I turned eighteen and before I came here to this pack.

Like it was before I was in the forest,there was the blurry man,and the black wolf but there was something different this time. When I saw the blurry man he looked like someone that I knew. Ryder. Then when he told me to run he shifted into the black wolf and went after me. This time when the teeth sunk into me I felt more pain.

I woke up screaming,scared,and covered in sweat. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Then the door busted open and in came Ryder,Warren,and some pack warriors ready to attack.

"What's wrong",he says looking around the room for danger.

I just look up at him and shake my head. Then when he sees there is no danger he sends the warriors and beta out. Then he looks back at me.

"What was that",he ask looking at me worried.

"Nothing I just had a bad dream",I say not being able to look at him. All this time I was trying to figure out who was it in the dream and it was Ryder.

"Nothing. It was nothing. You were screaming like someone was trying to kill you. That is not nothing Soph",he says sounding upset. My wolf likes how he called us by my nickname.

"I'm sorry",I say.

"No sorry is not enough",he says and walks out. I check the time and see that it is six thirty in the morning. I get up and decide to go for a run. During my run Ryder mind links me.

'Where are you',he yells through the mind link.

'Calm down I just going for a run',I say then cut him off.

When I got done I went back home and took a shower. After I got out I dressed in my new blue bra and pantie set I got from Victoria's Secret. Then I put on some blue jeans and a gray t-shirt. My stomach starts to grumble. I go down to the pack house to check for some food and talk to Zoey. I saw Zoey in there preparing food to cook and then went up to her.

"He didn't yell at you to did he",I ask her.

"No",she says.

"Okay so do you need help in here",I ask her looking at everything she has yet to cook.

"Sure can you open all of those",she ask pointing to the bacon and sausage packages.

After opening lots of stuff and cooking everything I ate a lot of food and then went back to the pack house.

There was not much for me to do so I finally decided to contact Cara and my parents.