The Way We Love

we hurt each other

Mika watched him drive away on his motorcycle with an annoyed expression on her face. There was something that really bothered her about him but at the moment she couldn’t place it.

“Are you okay?” Her best friend, Kailyn asked her.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s just go home.” Mika said. He ruined her day and she wanted nothing more but to go home and pretend it never happened. There was something familiar about him though. But where had she seen him before?

As soon as she got home, her parents were asking where she was. It was getting late and she had school the next day. They weren’t really strict with her curfew or anything, but at times they worried about her. One of their friends had seen her with a guy on a motorcycle so they wanted her to stay away from him. Bad boys on motorcycles were the type that your parents wanted you to stay far from. God forbid he tries to change her, right? But Mika agreed to stay away from him. She was tired and had homework to do before bed.
The next day wasn’t really super exciting. School was the same as always and by the time 3 came, she was ready to go home. But she ended up running into Norman again. He happened to be waiting outside by his bike when she walked out.

“Are you stalking me now?” Mika asked annoyed.

He looked at her with a smirk on his face before responding. “No, I’m not stalking you. I didn’t even realize you went to school here. I was just picking up my son.” Norman said.

Mika rolled her eyes before walking to her sleek car that was parked in the back of the parking lot. She was already sick of seeing him and it was only the second day of running into him.

Shortly after getting into her car, she glanced in her rearview mirror and saw Norman speeding off with a younger boy behind him. Maybe he wasn’t lying after all. But something was up with him and she was going to find out sooner or later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mika's Car