All I've Ever Wanted

One: Welcome to London

“Attention passengers, we will soon be landing at Heathrow soon, please buckle your seatbelts as we prepare for landing. Hope you’ve all enjoyed your flight on British Airways. Thanks and have a lovely day,” the loud voice clicked off the intercom.

I run a tired hand through my hair and wipe under my eyes to get sleep from them. I’m surprised I passed out like I did. I pull my headphones from my ears and set them on my lap. I lock my belt in place and let my head fall back against the seat. I turn to look out the window; we were slowly descending through the clouds. Buildings were coming into view as we reached our destination. Next thing I know, we are going down the runway. Landing wasn’t too bad, nothing compared to how it was when the plane first took off from the landing strip. I was here; I was actually here in London. So many thoughts were running through my mind at a rapid pace.

Pretty soon, I am in a semi-long line behind everyone as we wait to get off the plane. I situate the backpack on my back along with my purse which was resting on my shoulder. A tired groan leaves my lips as I stand there in the semi-long line. I was so ready to get off this plane so I could see my cousins and aunt who were picking me up. It’s been quite a while since I last saw them but we occasionally catch up on Skype some times since we can’t be there with them since Oregon is so far away from England. I couldn’t believe I was actually here; I can’t wait to see what it’s like here.

Before too long, I make it through British customs with no problems whatsoever, and exchange most of my money for British currency. I didn’t have too much on me to begin with. I drag my bags behind me as I begin to search for my cousins and aunt, who were supposed to be here to pick me up like I was told by my mom.

I soon hear my name being called. I turn to find a girl standing there with dirty blonde hair. “Sami?” the girl questions in a thick British accent. My cousin, Nichole looks at me with a smile as I nod my head and come forward to pull her into a hug. It’s been years since I’ve seen her, any of them really, especially since they live here in England and my family is back in Oregon.

“How’ve you been, love?” she questions arm, moving her arm around my shoulder as we begin to make our way through the airport, dragging my rolling suitcases behind me.

“Pretty good, yourself?” she asks as we go over to wherever my aunt and younger cousin stood, waiting for us. A smile grows on my face as I notice my aunt Cindy and younger cousin, Maria, standing there.

“’Ello Samantha, missed you dearly,” my aunt Cindy says as Nichole and I walk up to where they – my Aunt Cindy and younger cousin Maria – stood, waiting for us. I smile as she pulls me into a hug and kisses both of my cheeks in a friendly British manner. We part from the hug and I look over at her.

“How’s your mum doing? Miss my baby sister lots, need t’ call her n’ chat, it’s been a while,” my Aunt Cindy says with a smile.

“She’s doing good!” I tell her with a smile as Maria comes forward and hugs me. I smile and return the gesture. That’s when it hit me; I told her I’d call her when I arrive at the airport here in London. Just as I pull out my phone, I notice the time and realize the time was changed. It was about 7:20 here so back home in Oregon, it’s only about noon.

“I’m gonna go call her and tell her I made it here in one piece!” I say as I look over at my aunt and cousins. They give me a nod as I begin to walk over a little ways so I can give my mom a call. After ringing a few times, she doesn’t pick up so I decide to end the call and send a text her way instead. Once the message delivers, I go back over to where my cousins and aunt stood along with my luggage.

“Ready to get on going to the house?” my aunt Cindy asks as I walk up to where they stood.

“Yeah,” I say and let out a tired sigh. It’s been a long day, and I was tired. This time change was definitely something I’d have to get used to, for sure. I push my purse further up on my shoulder and go over to where my luggage was. I situate my backpack on my back before I begin to follow behind Maria, Nichole and my Aunt Cindy, my bags rolling behind me. We soon are making our way through a parking garage to wherever they parked their car.

It takes a few minutes to get my bags in the trunk before we are soon on the road. I take out my phone along with my headphones. Chocolate by The 1975 begins to play through my headphones as I rest my head against the headrest, my eyes closing so I can rest them on our way to where we were headed. A little into the second or third song, I guess that’s when I fell asleep. This time change is definitely catching up to me already; I’m beat.

Next thing I know, I am being tapped on the shoulder, which pulls me from my sleep. I jump at the sudden movement and sit up so I can stretch my arms a bit.

“Sorry to disturb you, Sami, but we’re here!” Nichole says softly with a smile on her face, hand resting on my shoulder. I nod my head and reach for my purse which was resting on the floor near my feet. After I unbuckle the seatbelt, I grab hold of the door so I can climb out of the car. I put my purse on my shoulder and slowly make my way to the back of the car so I can retrieve my bags.

Aunt Cindy and Maria stood there, both reaching to grab my bags. I tell them its fine and go to grab them myself. Aunt Cindy gives me a kind smile and mutters, “Nonsense, I’ll get them dear, you’re the guest,” she tells me. I let a sigh and nod my head at her in reply, allowing her to get my bags for me. I follow Nichole to the front door, I presume, Maria close behind me, my backpack resting on her back, the straps resting on her shoulders.

“Maria, sure you don’t need help with that? A bit heavy?” I turn to the petite girl beside me, a small smile on my face.

“I got it, no worries,” she tells me in reply. I stand there as I wait for Nichole to open the door. After a few tries, she lets out an annoyed sigh and mutters something under her breath I couldn’t understand.

“Mum, the doors locked and I can’t unlock it,” she says in annoyance, crossing her arms over her chest, eyebrows furrowed together.

“You sure you have the right ones, Nicky?” my Aunt Cindy questions.

“Yea—oh! Well I’m silly, was using the other key instead, they all look similar!” she mutters laughing a bit at her actions.

I smile and cover my mouth with my hand to cover the fact I wanted to burst out laughing. The door soon swings open and she walks inside, pushing the door open so I could walk inside. I walk in behind Nichole and step over to the side so Maria and Aunt Cindy can come in as well, with my luggage.

Maria sets my backpack on the floor and lets out a tired sigh. “Ya okay there, Maria?” Nichole asks her younger sister, resting the palm of her hand on the smaller girl’s shoulder. I smile at my cousins’ gesture.

“Glad you’re here, Samantha,” my Aunt Cindy comes forward and gives me a hug. I return the gesture as I stand there. A few minutes go by before my Aunt Cindy says she’s going to show me to my room so I can unpack and rest a bit. I follow behind her down a brightly lit hallway where I’m guessing the bedrooms were. She opens the door and turns on a switch, light brightening up the room.

“Hope you like it, was your mum’s room growing up,” she tells me with a smile.

It seemed pretty cute; the room was painted a light yellow hue, which brightened it up a lot. The sheets and comforter on the bed was floral with white yellow and blue mixed throughout. A desk was beneath a window that looked out to the backyard. As I look around the room, I don’t even notice Aunt Cindy walk out of the room. Next thing I know, she is coming through the door, my bags in hand. I turn and thank her as I go forward and grab my backpack which held my laptop and other things. She wheels my suitcase in and sets it at the foot of the bed on the floor.

“Well, Sam, darling, I’ll leave you to unpack and rest up a bit!” my Aunt Cindy says with a smile and gives me a hug before walking out the room and shutting the door behind her. I soon begin to unpack most of my things. After unpacking a bit, I lie down, headphones in my ears; music playing through my ear buds. Welcome to London, I hear the voice in my mind say as I drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
hiiiii. here's the long awaited chapter for my revamped Harry story :D

Hope y'all like it so far! Harry won't make an appearance for another few chapters, but he'll be in here soon :)

Drop a comment, subscribe and recommend if you like/want more!! Comments and feedback makes me happy <3