Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

The End Of All Things

It's a few days before tour, and Panic! At the Disco is set to go to their first location. Brendon rushes to get his necessities together. He checks and double checks, and he's already feeling the buzz and excitement of playing music in front of thousands of people. Right as he's zipping up his suitcase, Sarah walks in with a pair of black pants.

She says, "Our laundry got mixed up again. I don't think I've seen these pants before."

Brendon eyes them and he's oddly enough baffled as well, "Hm, yeah I don't remember these." He takes them from Sarah and looks at the fabric thoroughly.

"Yeah... no I can't recall buying these. I like them, though." He says, before slipping them into his suitcase.

Sarah ponders, "Maybe they were a gift from someone."

"Yeah that could be, course I'd feel bad if I forgot who they're from." Brendon replies.

His phone buzzes, it's Zack. He answers, "Yeah, man, I'll be out soon."

He grabs his suitcase and gives Sarah a quick kiss. He takes one second to let his mind slow and give her a genuine kiss. He looks down at the engagement ring on her finger, and brings up her hand to his lips. A ring that beautiful suited her well.

He presses his forehead against hers and whispers, "Can't wait to marry you."

They both smile, and finally Brendon heads out the door.

~~~

The first few weeks are electric. Brendon watches as fans scream back the new songs to him. He's so glad they love it, because he's always worried about the critics' reaction. Life feels good for the singer, getting out songs created from the heart, especially This Is Gospel. He thinks of Spencer with every lyric that falls from his lips. He hopes that his best friend will be well enough to come to his wedding. He even contemplates postponing it as long as it takes. As much as he'd marry Sarah in a second, there can't be a wedding without a best man, and he couldn't think of a better person.

The final week comes around, and there's one particular night in San Francisco after a show where the boys find themselves in a local bar. The alcohol falls down their throats as they reminisce about the tour. Brendon usually gets buzzed after three drinks, but he doesn't feel any different. He goes from shots, to large glasses, and back again. He wants to feel... something. Why doesn't he feel anything? It's a constant question.

After a while, he goes to the men's room to take a piss. Oddly it doesn't stay that simple. Such a quick stop and leave situation, but the atmosphere seems different. The other men there radiate something; an infectious glow. Brendon isn't sure if it's his eyes absorbing the visuals, or some sort of animal instinct in the pit of his stomach. He tries to ignore it, doing his business and then washing his hands. Another man stands next to him and the musician's hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. He glances to the individual next to him, and there it is; that glow. Those pheromones so fucking strong he could taste them in the air.

The man makes eye contact with him. No, no, no, Brendon repeats in his mind. He shakes it off immediately, and heads out of the bathroom. Maybe there was something in his drinks... but he isn't dizzy. Whatever that was itches at his skin like an oncoming addiction. The concern melts off as he sits back with the guys. Even just sitting with them, he starts to pick up on the smallest things; the clank of a glass, and even a girl's whisper. He occasionally glances around the room and notices the different colors. The way people catch his eye, how fascinating. They all eventually feel like it's time to leave, so they start to head out of the bar. Brendon stops in his tracks however, as the glow of the full moon illuminates someone to the left of him. He turns and notices it's his old dealer from when weed wasn't easily accessible. As much as this guy wasn't a friend, he decides to approach him anyway.

"Hey, man." Brendon says.

"Yeah? Oh wait... Brendon, that you?" He says in a small voice.

"Yeah, you used to deal me the stuff until I could get it medically."

"Ah, yeah." He brings Brendon in for an odd side hug.

"No hard feelings for you dropping me, though," He continues, "not everyone can make good excuses, so I still got a job. Also a reason why I moved here, the business is booming, believe it or not."

"Nice." Brendon says, "I'm wondering if you know anyone who might deal the harder stuff." The request comes out absent mindedly, but maybe something like that could affect him.

Before his old dealer could answer, Zack speaks from a distance, "Hey, Brendon."

Brendon immediately shouts, "One second." and looks back at... was his name Doug? He looks like a Doug with baggy clothes, long dark hair, and oddly grown chin hairs.

Doug says, "Oh, the harder stuff, huh? Well I do know a guy who knows a guy. He's new to the business, but there's a rumor going around that he's the best there is and he just started. I'll give you his number, um-" He shuffles through his pockets for paper and a pen.

Brendon takes out his phone and says, "I can just get it like this, what's the number?"

Doug tells him and the musician leaves with a quick goodbye before hopping onto the bus.

Zack asks, "Was that your old dealer?"

"Mhm. Apparently he makes a lot of moola up here."

"Not surprised." Zack finishes before they drive to the last stop of the tour.

~~~

The sun sets behind the hills as their last performance of the tour still radiates high energy. The boys give all they have on the stage and leave with the utmost satisfaction. At least, that's how Brendon feels. Finishing a tour is rewarding and bittersweet for the musician, but he can't wait to write some new songs in the upcoming months. The drive home is relaxing as The Killers play quietly through the car's speakers.

As they get into the driveway, Brendon anxiously bounces out of the car. He can't wait to hold Sarah in his arms. As much as he loved the road and performing, coming home to her means everything. She had moved in officially just before Brendon went on tour, and that set a comfort in his being. It's like he truly knew that she wanted to stay. It's the commitment he used to dream about back when sunsets created a glow through the tour bus window. The dreams he had seemed so much like something out of a fairytale. Course, it didn't take long before he lost those dreams. The small glow of a cigarette at 2 in the morning used to be a comfort, now it's two dogs and a beautiful fiancee.

He opens the door and immediately hears the sound of his dogs barking. It puts a smile on his face as he's welcomed by Penny and Bogart. He crouches down to their level.

He says, "Ah, how are my favorite pups? Yes, daddy's home. Mhm." They both attempt to lick his face.

"Hey babe." Sarah says, walking in from down the hall.

Brendon gets up and immediately rushes over to her. He pulls her in for a tight hug. The musician breathes Sarah's scent in. She's wearing a light flowery perfume. Brendon loves it. He gets lost in her for a little while, until Zack says:

"Hey, Brendon, there's one more suitcase in the back. Don't be a lazy ass."

Brendon turns around and flips off Zack before dashing out to the car to grab his last piece of luggage. He's quick to toss his suitcases on the bed and walk back out to the living room. He notices Sarah's back is turned, and is quick to grab her from behind. She lets out a surprised squeak as Brendon nuzzles into her neck. Sarah giggles, and Brendon finds it to be the most beautiful sound he's heard in months.

Sarah turns around in their embrace, and swings her arms around his neck, "I have a surprise for you, but don't get too excited because it's something tomorrow."

"Oh yeah?" Brendon says, "What might that be?"

"I'm not telling you." She boops his nose.

"God, making me wait til tomorrow? You're killing me." He smirks before giving her a kiss.

"God, get a room." Zack says.

"Ay, eat a dick." Brendon shouts, before laughing. He brings Sarah in tight, giving her a quick kiss on the forehead.

The night is brief with the company of his body guard who only stays around for a small conversation between the three of them. As soon as he leaves, Brendon and Sarah are quick going to their bedroom.

As the sun rises, Brendon wakes up to the sound of Sarah's alarm. It never ceases to amaze him how hard working his fiancee is. Even though she works from home, she's always on top of things and likes to keep busy when she can. Brendon gets up too, thinking about working on creating a song today. He doesn't have lyrics, but every once and awhile he has fun just building tracks that he could possibly use for later.

As the morning proceeds into the afternoon, Brendon is satisfied with an instrumental track he's made. He puts some finishing touches on, and saves it to his computer. Then he recalls Sarah mentioning a surprise for him and starts to think about what it could be. He leaves his studio and walks back into his house. Sarah is at the table in the kitchen checking her phone.

Brendon sits across from her and says, "Worked on a song today, just instrumental for now."

"Oh sweet." Sarah says, looking up from her phone.

"So, what's the surprise you were talking about last night?"

There's a small smile growing on Sarah's face as she says, "We're going out to Paley's for dinner to meet up with a few friends."

"Okay." Brendon says, also starting to smile, "Sounds good." He wouldn't dare ask anything more of her, because he knows she won't say much more. He likes surprises anyway.

They both dress semiformal for the evening before heading to the restaurant. Brendon feels a small nervous energy, wondering who would be there. Could be someone he hasn't seen in a while, and he's made a lot of good friends over the last few years. When they arrive at the restaurant, Sarah is quick to tell the server that they're meeting with some friends.

Brendon says, "Are these friends here?"

Sarah replies, "Yep, they should be in the back somewhere."

As they walk past the tables of different people, he sees two individuals stand up. Sarah waves to them and Brendon stands in disbelief.

"Spencer?" Brendon says, maybe a little too loud.

Spencer meets the musician halfway and they pull each other into a hug. Brendon can feel happiness and relief wash over him. He hadn't had contact with his best friend in the last few weeks, so this was a big surprise. They sit down and Brendon also greets Linda who is now seated across from Sarah. Brendon and Spencer also proceed to sit across from each other as they immediately strike up an ebullient conversation. Spencer talks about how in the last week he wanted to surprise Brendon with an early return from rehab. The musician is more than happy having him back. They don't talk about whether or not Spencer will leave the band, as that was a conversation for a different time. As much as Brendon would respect his opinion, there was a much more positive conversation he is eager to have.

Before they depart from the restaurant, the musician says, "Spence, you know Sarah and I are getting married. I one hundred percent want you to be my best man." His heart beats hard, contemplating a response.

Spencer immediately says, "Dude, of course!" They bring each other in for one last big hug.

"Fuck, dude. I'm over the top excited." Brendon says with a permanent smile.

"Me too, it'll be great. Text me details when you can. Also let's get together soon."

"Fuck yeah." Brendon says before they depart to their separate cars.

~~~

It's the day of the wedding, and Brendon can't help but get consistent butterflies. He adjusts his tie as his fellow groomsmen chat in the background. Every second that passes feels like a dream.

Spencer stands beside him grabbing his shoulders, "You ready?"

Brendon says, "Absolutely."

Each step Brendon takes, it's as though it's not actually him; like he was watching through the eyes of someone else. The weather is perfect and everyone has smiles on their faces as he stands by another good friend who just happened to be an ordained minister. He takes a deep breath as the music starts playing. His heart begins to speed up as he watches Sarah walk down the aisle. How beautiful she is, Brendon thinks, almost like an angel. The closer she gets, the more she smiles. Before she reaches him, it looks as though she might cry from happiness. Those are the tears Brendon wouldn't mind seeing.

They stand face to face. The words spoken from his minister friend become muted in Brendon's mind. The world slows down for a second as Brendon gets lost in Sarah's eyes. If forgotten friends and sworn enemies could see him now, they'd laugh at his amplified romantic tendencies. How ironic his teenage self would feel looking at him in this moment. He brushes those things off, because who cares what anyone else would think. He's never been more in love. He's never felt more right standing in front of his soon to be wife.

They exchange vows, and Brendon has to remind himself that these words spilling from his lips will not stay so dull in spoken form. No, he plans to sing these words to her when the late evening begins. Everything earnest, emotional, and real should be expressed through music, because that's what Brendon believes in. They give each other the rings.

"I, Brendon Urie, take you, Sarah Orzechowski, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

"I, Sarah Orzechowski, take you, Brendon Urie, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

The minister says, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Brendon and Sarah come in for a kiss. As cheesy as it may be, Brendon feels sparks. Even though they kissed so many times before, this one feels so much deeper. Everyone claps for the happy couple as they both head down the aisle hand in hand. They're getting high fives and congratulations and are soon enough borrowed by the cameraman to get some extra pictures.

"God, I love you so much, baby." Brendon says, placing a kiss on Sarah's cheek.

"I love you too." She replies.

When the evening arrives, they go through the festivities and it eventually winds down to the first dance. Brendon leads Sarah to the middle of the room and they begin to sway together. Just a few seconds in and he begins singing the vows he had spoken earlier. So simple and sweet, but the track that he plans to compose will be drawn out and stunning. He can almost see tears in her eyes, before she hides herself in his shoulder. He wishes this moment could last forever. Such bliss.

Time could never be enough, but every second between the wedding and honeymoon are treated with the utmost sincerity. No one else has seen this much heart emitting from Brendon's being. Sarah is the only one he could be truly exposed to. No games, no lying, and no ridiculous compromises. They would be completely truthful to one another, and everything could fall back to being just about the same, but so comfortably different. Husband and wife, the words may soon dissipate into a concrete phrase that holds no second glances. A label they will become used to, but of course not now.

They fall into a sweet embrace on their honeymoon. Their clothes fall off their bodies as they wrap into each other's beings. Brendon's fingers dance across her skin as the light of the moon makes the room glow. His lips fall to her neck, and his hands continue to roam. She lets out such small sounds, but of course, Brendon wants her voice to grow louder. They climb into bed as the kisses become deeper. The musician's body falls between her legs and he soon enough finds himself inside her. This time, it isn't just sex. As cliche as the phrase 'making love' is, there couldn't be anything else to name it. He watches the way her face changes. Her soft moans were like an addiction to his ears. He loves the way she bites her lips; the way her mouth hangs agape when he touches her just right. He loves it all, and he knows he would never get tired of it. Something about her glows, as though what she emits makes the atmosphere become so much brighter. Of course, that's the poetic side of him spilling beautiful thoughts like a waterfall; so continuous and refreshing.

The fairytale finds an end, that happy conclusion one would never get to see. It's back to working and creating. Brendon knows he'll dread the day things get mundane. He hopes they don't, but he knows this is one small adventure in his life. The memories will stay, and some more will be made. He'll wake and sleep next to his beautiful wife, travel the world, and come back to her. That will be a continuously pleasant thought.

Of course even in happiness, there can also be doubts and worries. Brendon keeps his head high, however. As the days pass, everything just seems right to the musician. He spends time with loved ones and works on music, but nothing is as everlasting as he would expect. Each night when a full moon hangs present in the sky, something changes in him. His view on the world changes, and even his hunger changes. The way people's auras seem so vivid, and how loud their heartbeats can fill his ears... it's intoxicating.

There's a heavyset feeling in his chest, but it's not of worry or dread. It's of lust and a craving for something so much darker. Copious amounts of alcohol would often lead to frustration without the help of experimental drugs given to him by his new dealer. He could give less of a fuck about what they're made of. They amplify the world around him, yet wash him with a sense of calm in the midst of a high. It doesn't take long until he feels as though full moons also equated to weakness and a high appetite. He couldn't put his finger on what could satisfy him, but he lets his hands roam across the skin of girls and boys alike. None of these things lead to sex, in fact, being unfaithful to his wife swept over his conscious in the beginning of any full moon out. Whether it's at a party or at a bar, he doesn't restrain himself. There's a certain feeling, like a battery being recharged, whenever his fingers push against someone's skin just right.

These parties, he thinks, are so damn dull. He'd host his own. Over the years he knew how to party just right. These type of parties Brendon planned were hardly ever pulled off, at least not to his knowledge. The next day after most full moon outings seemed almost blank to Brendon, but as time goes on, these nights compel Brendon to have the most deviantly extravagant of times. In fact, there is one he'd like to have right in his own backyard.