Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

This Is The Beat Of My Heart

The reflective light of the moon couldn’t mask the shadows of Brendon’s darkened soul. The colors and urges surging through his being had been growing ever so constantly. His masked humanity flicks off like a light. All thoughts of compassion and love drift away while that designer drug on his tongue lets him reach cloud 9. Skin would grace skin and nails would pluck the soft tissue letting the red crimson pool. Blood… it was like a subtle delicacy for the being. Little drops would caress his tongue from willing participants usually partaking in self mutilation. He found himself in the most interesting of places at times. Brendon never thought much of what he was, but he knew how much he liked the feeling. And this last full moon graced him with enough accumulated satisfaction to make him feel stronger even as a human.
The adrenaline runs through his veins; an overwhelming positive mood couldn’t startle the musician any less. But he enjoys it. His morning consists of polishing up a few songs and taking note of Jake’s previous advice. He also partakes in some chores around the house. He could even walk the dogs if he didn’t already have Zack partaking in the job.
Before Brendon takes out the trash, he picks up the sound of the shower water running from the master bathroom. Brendon smiles to himself, acknowledging how much he got done before his wife woke up. He finishes up putting a new trash bag in the compactor before washing his hands. Brendon sits at the kitchen table with a water glass in hand. Usually the musician would have a cup of coffee, but he’s well enough awake. Food is a minor passing thought.
Sarah soon enough emerges from the hallway in a light flowing dress. Her hair is wrapped in a towel as she walks towards Brendon with a warm smile.
“You’re up early.” Sarah says, placing a kiss on Brendon’s lips.
Brendon gets up from his seat rather quickly, pulling Sarah’s body against his. They engage in a deeper kiss for a few moments. Brendon loves the smell of his wife after a shower. He begins to kiss her neck, and surprised noises emerge from Sarah’s mouth.
“You’re in a very good mood.” She breathes.
Brendon hums a response before taking Sarah’s hand and guiding her to the taller countertop in their kitchen. He pats the top of the table and at first Sarah seems a bit bewildered. The musician says, “C’mere.” opening his arms.
Sarah accepts his embrace, and he grabs her waist, hoisting her up on the countertop. She lets out a small squeak in response. Before another word can escape her lips, the musician’s hands slide up her dress. He’s quick to slide down her underwear and run his fingers around her opening before slipping two fingers in. She gasps, gripping the countertop. Brendon doesn’t hesitate, slipping his head under her dress and rubbing his tongue around her labia. More noises of pleasure spill from Sarah’s mouth as Brendon’s tongue flicks at her clit. It only takes a few minutes before Sarah’s body convulses and a long moan escapes her breath. Brendon always enjoyed making Sarah come just by his mouth. It took a lot of time and practice, but the end result always gave Brendon the utmost satisfaction.
He helps Sarah down from the counter. She pulls up her underwear with a permanent smile on her face and a dusty red pigment in her cheeks.
She asks, “What was that for?”
“For being the best wife ever.” He pulls her in for one more quick kiss.

~~~
Throughout the continuing months, Jake and Brendon’s connected lips never once fell too estranged. It was intoxicating and more than enough for the black eyed demon, but there were still moments where his lips didn’t exclusively belong to The Chosen One. That bothered him. And he wished other interactions would come out of it, but he’d have to leave it up to the imagination or maybe until he could find Brendon during a full moon.
It’s another day where Jake drives over to Brendon’s to give his critique on the musician’s most recent sounds. Most songs are fairly indifferent to the demon, but he knows how to draw out intimidated energy from Brendon. It’s that light power play that leads to Jake fantasizing about taking control. Well, only with the masked human side of the musician. His full fledged demonic side could run him into the ground and there’d be nothing but submissive praise and a raging hard on from the black eyed demon.
Brendon greets Jake with a smile and graciously steps to the side to let the taller man in. They both head to the musician’s studio and a good half hour of listening to various demos ensues. Jake gives his best opinion on potential songs that could make it onto the record and Brendon is quick to take a few notes. The black eyed demon’s eyes are glued to Brendon’s profile. His mind wanders for a while, letting the array of explicit acts flow through his mind. His ears perk up at a particular song flowing through the speakers. It seems sad. Brendon’s words are of sorrow and heartbreak. Who could have hurt him so badly? The black eyed demon questions.
“This song is very melancholy.” Jake says.
“Yeah, I was thinking about putting it at the end of an album. With the last record, I ended it with a ballad, so I thought I’d do it again. Course that song was happy and this one isn’t.” He says with a brief laugh.
Jake could see the sorrow in his eyes, even though Brendon’s attempt at brushing it off. Heartbreak… Jake wonders. And the sound, it reminds him of what Brendon played a few months back on the piano... and those fans had mentioned Ryan. Damn, he almost forgot about that name. The recollection of the conversation he had with Kenny runs through his mind. He did plan on asking Brendon about this Ryan guy.
“So, if you don’t mind, who is this song about?” Jake questions, trying his best to start off subtle about it.
Brendon seems taken off guard by the question, “Oh, it was just something I wrote when I felt down. Nothing about anyone in particular.”
Jake could tell Brendon was lying, “Are you sure about that?”
Brendon’s face drops as he lets out a long breath of air. His eyes fall to the floor, “Well, it wasn’t meant to be.”
He grips Brendon’s shoulder, briefly shaking it. “We’re good friends, aren’t we? You can talk to me about this.”
The musician looks in Jake’s eyes, “It’s moreso about two people.” He stops himself for a moment, rubbing his mouth, “God, I never really talk about it.” He says with a nervous smile.
“I know writing a song is a great therapy session, but talking about it in addition to that can be just as good. Even more relieving, if you ask me.”
“Okay, alright. I wrote it when I just was thinking about two past bandmates. It was during a time where one just came back into my mind and I was afraid the other would fall out of friendship with me.”
“Was one Ryan Ross?”
Brendon nods slowly, seeming to collect his thoughts, “Yeah, Ryan… he and I… we were something else.” He clears his throat; eyes to the ground, “We were really close. To be frank, I was, uh… in love with him.”
“Oh.” Jake says.
“Yeah we, uh, had our secret rendezvous and even though nothing was set in stone, I just… I fell so hard. I was so fucking stupid.” Tears begin to weld up in his eyes, “And then when Spencer went to rehab I just thought he and I would drift apart. He’s my best friend. Thankfully we didn’t.” He smiles, “And I respect his decision for leaving because he did eventually call me about it.”
“Well…” Jake starts, “I appreciate your honesty. I can definitely pick up on how you must have felt through this track. Definitely a good idea to end the album with it.”
“Thanks, yeah, I definitely will. And, it does feel good verbally getting these things off my chest.” The musician smiles.
“Of course, anytime.” Jake finishes. The Chosen One dying of a broken heart… and now he knows who broke it.

~~~

As soon as Jake gets home, he’s quick to exclaim, “Kenny, I have some very interesting news.”
“And what would that be?” Kenny says, walking from out of the bedroom.
“Ryan Ross and Spencer Smith broke Brendon’s heart.”
Kenny looks briefly surprised, “How do you… did he just tell you?”
“Yep! He wrote a song about it. Pretty damn convenient if you ask me.” Jake plops down on the couch.
“Interesting…”
“Truly, but damn that Ryan guy. I should have known, I mean I had those suspicions.”
“Well, this may be useful information for Cloud-”
“God, if I ever run into Ryan, I swear I’ll wring his fucking throat. Breaking Brendon’s heart, what a disgusting human.”
“Brendon wouldn’t be who you're pining now without that broken heart of his.”
Jake sighs, “You’re right, but still! No one fucks with Brendon.”
“Stow your jealousy, dude.”
“Jealous?” Jake turns to Kenny, “I’m the one spending time with Brendon now! His lips are mine, he shares his space with me. Ryan fucked up, and guess what, he’ll never get him back.”
Kenneth sighs, deciding to not engage Jake any further. He takes his jacket from the arm of the couch and walks towards the door, “You coming?”
Jake slumps further into the couch, pouting, “I’ll pass.”
“You’re the one who heard this information first. Plan your big vendetta against Ross another day.”
“Fine.” Jake whines before getting off the couch.

~~~

Just like that, Brendon’s mood slowly begins to dwindle. Just mentioning Ryan made his chest heavy. Such a cryptic phantom pain… he never wanted to feel it again. He did feel a certain weight come off his shoulders just by talking about it again. Jake was definitely right in that regard, even if his emotions were doomed to be negative for a while.
The musician plays melancholy tunes on his piano for what seems to be an hour. He hears the door crack open and looks to see Sarah. She’d been out shopping, noted from the bags hanging on her arms. She gives a soft smile to Brendon before heading into the bedroom. The musician stays seated on the piano bench, contemplating a nap. It would moreso be for the depressive state over actually being tired.
“So Jake came by today?” Sarah asks from the hallway, soon enough sitting next to Brendon.
“Yeah, it was a good time.” Brendon says in a slightly underwhelming tone.
“Do you still make-out with him every once and awhile?” She asks.
Brendon, slightly dumbfounded, turns to look at her, “Why? Are you jealous?”
She gives him a quick peck on the lips, “No, but from the few times I’ve seen him around you, I’m worried about his feelings.”
Brendon furrows his brows, “Feelings?”
“He’s gay isn’t he?”
“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean anything. He’s a big boy, he knows not to catch feelings for a married man. Our relationship, for the most part, is professional.”
She pats him on the leg, “Hun, I can tell he likes you. Ease up on the kissing sessions. Let him down slowly.”
Brendon gives her a sassy look, “Sure.”
“So skeptical… unless that just means you like him too!” Sarah’s eyes are wide, pretending to be shocked. She covers her mouth, ultimately masking a smile.
Brendon rolls his eyes, “You know, if I caught you making out with one of your lesbian friends, I would just take pictures and save them for later.”
Sarah’s jaw drops as she playfully smacks him, “Brendon!”
“What? I bet Jake and I are totally in your spank bank.” The musician tries to hold back a laugh.
Sarah begins to get up, illustrating a baffled smile, “Oh my god.”
Brendon grabs her by the waist, pulling her back to him, “I’m just kidding, babe!”
She remains still, turning to look at Brendon, “For real.”
Brendon’s smile drops, “Okay.”
They share one more brief kiss before Sarah gets up and goes to the kitchen. Brendon finds himself feeling slightly better again. And that feeling stays consistent throughout the evening… until he shuts his eyes for the night.