Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

Crossfire

The overcast sky hums a dismal tune. The animals seem quieter, and the leaves on the trees sense the oncoming destruction as they begin to wilt in fear. Brendon’s demonic grey fingertips brush against the tall grass of an open field. Every step he takes leaves a mark of dismay to any life-filled object in his path. This strength he’d missed. The human coil was too restrictive and pathetic. What a brief curse, now lifted. Of course, revenge still scratches at the core of his being. Soon enough, he’ll take back what’ his, and so much more.
He sees a being in the distance; a red eyed demon dressed in formal attire. They both meet each other halfway as the red eyed demon says, “Welcome back, Chosen One.” It takes a second for Brendon to recognize the being as Daniel Cloud Campos.
“Cloud.” The slate colored demon replies, with a sly smile.
“Your army has already been established. Your arrival will certainly speed up any last minute endeavors.” Cloud says as Brendon follows him into hell.
As the slate colored demon walks down the halls, any demon present bows or falls to their knees in awe. As they reach the main bureau, Brendon sees a crowd of people along with Kenny and Jake at the forefront placed on their own thrones. Like the red sea, the slate colored demon’s presence causes the demons to create a space directly down the middle. Kenny and Jake then stand.
“Welcome, Chosen One.” They say in unison.
“Hello, boys.” He looks to both of them with a smirk.
He turns around to look at Cloud, “Before we tear up this planet, I have a few things to take care of.”
“What plans do you entail, Chosen One?” The red eyed demon questions.
“The slaughter of Tyler and Patrick.” Brendon replies, in a more serious demeanor.
“Would you require any level of backup?” Cloud asks.
“No.” The slate colored demon then raises his voice and directs his attention to the whole room, “As soon as I return, we will scorch the Earth!”
The rooms erupts in cheers as Brendon makes his way between the crowd and down one of the joining hallways. He pictures the area of where he first arrived, and lets his feet carry him deeper into the tunnels, eventually crossing the threshold that separated the rebels and Patrick’s brainwashed rats. He could easily manifest in front of the bastard, but he wants to savor the experience.
A group of lower level demons are seen, seemingly plastered against the walls with weapons at hand. Brendon starts to walk faster, whistling to get the demons’ attentions. The beings look towards the slate colored demon as they begin to charge him. Brendon puts his arms out and with the flick of a wrist, it sends the demons crashing against the walls. He then flicks his wrists towards each other and the walls develop sharp spears, impaling the demons.
He keeps with the brisk pace as more demons begin to appear, ready to fight. Brendon continues with his simple yet deadly actions of telekinesis as he says, “None of you bow to me? I’m a little disappointed.”
Brendon arrives in the room he used to consider his throne with a clear view of Patrick.
The yellow eyed demon exclaims, “Hold your ground, men.”
Brendon looks to Patrick and says, “I told you I’d come back to kill you.”
Patrick stays silent, as there’s a clear sign of fear in his eyes.
“But before I do that, you know, I’m impressed. Your little army completely resists me.” The slate colored demon says as he slowly approaches Patrick.
Patrick stands his ground, “I had to prepare hell for war.”
“A war, against what, me? You’ve already lost.” He begins to laugh, “And the fear in your eyes. You didn’t think this would happen. Thankfully, your neighbors lent me a helping hand.”
“You destroy the Earth, you go against the balance of this universe. There is an order.”
“Order? You don’t think this is what God wants? You can’t imagine for one goddamn second that the great big fucker in the sky just smashed the undo button.”
“No.” Patrick says sternly and sincerely.
“You still have drops of humanity in you. You’re not a real demon. You were manufactured.” Brendon pauses and glances to the floor, “I could really draw this out… I could make you suffer.” A sinister smile crawls across the slate colored demon’s features.
“Stop playing this waiting game, Brendon. You and I will be a fair fight.” Patrick replies.
“Fair fight? I’ll crush you like a bug, it’ll be too easy. No, you know what I want to do?” Brendon eases closer to Patrick until they’re a foot apart.
“What?” Patrick says through gritted teeth.
The slate colored demon puts on a gentle voice, “I want to take your little friend Pete and drag his ass down here. Oh he’ll be screaming and crying in terror. He’ll see what you are and be scared shitless. Then, I’ll tear open his stomach so you can watch his pretty guts fall out.”
There’s a fire in Patrick’s eyes as he takes his dominant hand and tears through Brendon’s face before pushing him hard across the room causing the being to slam against a wall. Brendon pulls his quickly healing body away from the now dented wall as he says, “A quick death then. Your choice.”
He throws his energy into the ground as the floor begins to sprout spears and gaping holes. Patrick dodges the blows successfully until Brendon raises giant boulders and thrusts them in the yellow eyed demon’s direction. Some rocks push him back while he manages to punch through others. Brendon spreads his wings and flies several feet above the ground.
Patrick begins to use his own powers of telekinesis to shoot objects in Brendon’s direction. The slate colored demon obliterates the objects as his eyes begin to emit a strong glow. He spreads his arms out wide as a transparent field of energy builds. Patrick’s blows are retaliated every time as he drops his arms and grunts in frustration. The energy around Brendon starts to glow electric yellow as he pushes the force in Patrick’s direction. Patrick’s attempt to shield himself is unsuccessful as he slams against the wall and falls weakly to the floor.
Brendon sets himself back onto the ground as he walks over to the yellow eyed demon. The weakened being tries to stand, but falls into his knees. Brendon crouches down to his level and takes his face in his hands, “I’ve waited for this. Night night, old friend.”
The slate colored demon shoves his right hand into Patrick’s chest, pulling out his blackened heart.
“Patrick!” Another familiar voice states from just outside the room.
Brendon turns to see Tyler’s shocked face as he feels Patrick’s heart turn to dust in his hands.
“Tyler.” Brendon says as he stands up, “Your timing is impeccable.”
Brendon raises his hand in the red eyed demon’s direction and motions backwards, having Tyler harshly pulled into the room and tumble across the floor. Brendon walks over as the red eyed demon stumbles getting up.
“Quit moving, you pathetic fuck.” Brendon says, raising up two boulders and slamming them inwards, crashing against Tyler’s body. He yells in pain before collapsing to the floor.
“I always thought you were one sorry excuse for a demon.” The slate colored demon says, grabbing Tyler by the neck and raising him up.
Tyler’s face contorts in pain as he begins silently crying and choking.
“Time to send you to an atheist’s heaven.” Brendon smiles before crushing his neck and tearing through his chest with his free hand.
The slate colored demon dusts off his palms and walks over to Purgatory’s gate. A lower level demon notices Brendon and raises his weapon. Brendon motions the weapon out of the demon’s hands and watches the fear build up in the demon’s eyes.
“I won’t kill you yet, but kill him when he arrives.” Brendon says as he takes a piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it to the demon.
Brendon then pictures one of the individuals responsible for his initial transformation and manifests into a foreign household. He then focuses the energy of his body and feels his demonic features retract into nothingness and his skin go back to a pale skintone. The moon casts a light inside the house so it’s neither dark nor lit up. There’s a small gate separating the kitchen and the living room and on the other side appears to be a small bassethound. Brendon barely has to move to open a drawer in the kitchen and take out a butcher knife. The sound of the drawer closing causes the dog to park.
Perfect, Brendon thinks, his prey will come to him.
Not even a minute passes before a male voice begins to echo through the house, “Dottie, what’s wrong, girl?”
Brendon can see Ryan’s figure now. He stands still for a moment waiting for Ryan to notice. It’s not quick enough for the being, so he stabs the knife into the countertop. Ryan jumps, standing tall and peering into the kitchen.
“B-Brendon?” Ryan questions through squinted eyes.
“Ross.” Brendon says calmly.
“What the fuck-” The taller man starts, opening the gate to walk through it, “How did you get in here?” He stops moving forward when he glances at what’s in Brendon’s hands.
“Wouldn’t you like to know.” Brendon pulls the knife out of the counter and lets his fingers sweep across the wide end of the blade.
“How do you even know where I live? We haven’t talked in-”
“Years…” He starts walking over to Ryan, letting the knife hang idly in his hand.
Ryan takes a step back and says, “Put that shit down and get the fuck out of my house.”
Brendon cocks his head to the side with his mouth slightly agape, “No.” He shifts his head to the other side, “I don’t think so.”
“I’m gonna call the cops.” Ryan says, about to turn around.
Brendon lunges out and grabs his wrist, twisting his arm. Ryan lets out a groan as he falls to his knees.
“What the fuck?” Ryan yells, trying to pull out of Brendon’s grip with no luck.
“I do thank you for this, truly.” The being pushes Ryan so he falls in his back.
He steps on one of Ryan’s legs, instantly crushing the bone as the taller man shrieks in pain. Brendon plants his knees on either side of Ryan’s body before raising the knife up and viciously ramming it into the man’s chest.

~~~

Brendon’s body jolts up in bed as he begins to experience an anxiety attack. His sweat soaked sheets stick to his body like glue as tears painfully run down his face. His breathing becomes heavy as the images keep flashing through his mind. Sarah soon enough sits up in bed angling her body towards Brendon.
“Babe, hey, I’m right here.” She says, placing her hands on his shoulders.
One of Brendon’s hands grabs her arm as she moves her free hand to cup his face.
She begins to lightly shush him, adjusting her body so she could fit snugly beside him and still face one another.
“God, oh God.” Brendon mumbles, shutting his eyes for a moment. He lets his grip on Sarah’s hand fall and soon enough feels both of her hands on either side of his face.
“Just breathe, babe. I got you.” She says softly, pressing her forehead against his.
His hands slowly go up and rest on top of hers. His breathing then slows until he eventually manages to open his eyes. She lets go of him now, looking at his face with tired eyes radiating a hint of concern.
He runs a hand through his sweaty hair and averts his eyes, feeling slightly embarrassed for his actions, “Fuck, sorry.” He breaths.
“It’s okay. These night terrors, babe. They really freak me out sometimes-”
Brendon’s mind falls back to the last thing that happened. Jake… came over and shot him up with something. How was he in his bed when he blacked out near the front door?
“What the fuck…” Brendon mumbles, looking down.
“What?” Sarah questions.
“How did I- I barely remember earlier today. When did you come home? What time is it?”
“It’s 2 in the morning, I got back at 8. I found you already sleeping in here, so I decided not to wake you. What do you mean by not remembering?”
“Uh.” He couldn’t tell her what happened, “Nothing. My brain is still foggy.”
She places a hand on his leg, “This was your worst one yet, babe.”
“Yeah... “ The musician rubs his head.
“What happened?” Sarah asks.
Brendon sighs, “You know I don’t tell you about my nightmares.”
“At least tell me why you don’t.” She says with pleading eyes.
“It’s gunna sound really stupid but… I feel like if I say them out loud, it’ll make them real…” Brendon lets out a brief chuckle, realizing how absurd it sounds even though it was true.
“Okay.” Sarah says, with a lingering look of sadness and exhaustion on her face. She then turns her body around, lying back on her pillow, “Gunna go back to sleep, night.”
Brendon looks down at her, “Night.” Before slipping out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

~~~

After Jake lays Brendon in his bed, he rummages through his bedroom for the drugs. He eventually looks through the closet and digs to the back finding small items in plastic baggies. He picks up one that seems different from the rest. The holographic glow ensures the demon that this had to be it. He slips the drugs into his pocket and walks over to the unconscious musician.
“You’ll turn soon enough…” Jake murmurs, letting his fingertips lightly brush the side of Brendon’s face.
The demon takes one more second to look at the musician’s beautiful features before leaving. He smiles to himself on the road, heading back to hell to give the drugs to Cloud. Even though this task didn’t matter in slightest, he needed his space away from Kenny. When he gets to the deserted lot and begins to draw his blood in front of the door of the building, he hears footsteps on either side of him. Before he knows it, a black sack is tossed over his head and his limbs are restricted.
♠ ♠ ♠
LE GASP