Status: Complete.

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

Crash. Rebirth.

It all starts with a car crash in late January of 2013. Kenneth Harris is on his way back home to his apartment in New York. The only thought before the collision: His girlfriend would soon be coming home from some variation of a business trip. It all happens so fast. The rain splashing against the windows becomes immediately illuminated by headlights. The airbag releases and proceeds to push hard against Kenneth's body while shards of glass pierce his skin. Another hard impact and everything goes to black.

The man finds himself in an odd place surrounded by others. Everyone seems so similar even with their vastly different faces. A door opens and they're presented by individuals with black dusted skin, horns, and glowing red eyes. Oddly enough, Kenneth doesn't feel intimidated or scared. In fact, he doesn't feel much of anything. There is a curiosity mixed with uncertainty emanating from the room. He looks at the others around him while they're all being led down a long stretch of hallway. All of them have black eyes, which leads to the conclusion that he must have them too. He'd only seen such beings in movies, but now he is one. A demon. And this must be hell.

There are various work stations. Demons are pushed into different sections and are forced to do seemingly stressful tasks. Kenneth finds it dull and a bit obnoxious. Even with the lack of feelings, toleration for what he saw as bullshit just didn't cut it. He makes a quick escape down a downward sloping hallway. He soon hears quick footsteps coming up the hallway. He isn't sure if he should run, or even where he could run. A black eyed demon with an expression of caution looks at Kenny.

He whispers, "Are you here for the meeting?"

"Meeting? I guess so." Kenneth replies feeling some sense of curiosity.

"Follow me."

They make the rest of the way down the hallway and it opens up to a rounded room with more demons and a handful of lit torches. A red eyed demon stands on a lengthy stone that raises a couple feet off the ground. Kenneth notes the trust everyone seems to have in this individual even though he had remembered how other red eyed demons treated black eyed demons back where he first came in.

"We are here to preach the forecoming of an apocalypse that will one day show the end of mankind." The red eyed demon says. There is a rupture of applause.

Kenneth stands in the back of the crowd and listens. He finds it interesting to say the least. There is no morality, not anymore, so contemplating any type of distaste in this would be odd. After the speech is over, the red eyed demon steps off his soapbox and begins interacting with some of the demons. Kenneth stays fairly silent, just watching everyone talk amongst themselves. The atmosphere definitely feels elevated and much more exciting than the never ending miles of labor above.

Eventually, the red eyed demon makes eye contact with Kenneth from the corner of the room.

"You." The red eyed demon says, "Come here."

Kenneth then approaches this leader of sorts.

He introduces himself, "I'm Daniel Cloud Campos. I've never seen your face before."

"I just got here about a couple hours ago. The name's Kenneth Harris."

They shake hands. Cloud raises an eyebrow, "How did you find out about this meeting?"

"I just ran from being placed into some labor position."

A small smile is present on Cloud's lips, "Immediately rebellious I see. Very good. Most of us here are. The regular order of things seem to sweep the inevitable event of the apocalypse under the rug. They say The Chosen One is a work of fiction. Complete and utter imbeciles. Of course they don't want much to do with us and our ideas."

"I assume these meetings are secretive because you could get in trouble for it." Kenneth says.

"They could give less of a shit. As you can see there aren't many followers yet, which definitely needs to change. We usually have to keep these things hush hush because most of these demons have escaped their positions. Some could get killed, some may be left alone, others will get thrown back into their tasks. Order is so very skewed here, except for belief. Those fuckers out there know the truth, but our ruler has tucked such things away. Course, we've collected what we could."

Cloud walks to another corner of the room which has a table and a couple books. The red eyed demon picks one up, "These hold the ultimate truth. I won't tolerate such ignorances much longer. One day I will have an army and The Chosen One will be presented to us..."