Bonding Over Haines

Got me stressed

"Salmon?"

"You okay baby? You sound upset?"

"How long do his 'holidays' usually last?"

"It depends. Sometimes a few days, sometimes a month."

"Oh, okay...he just wasn't in all this week either..."

"If you're worried about him, don't be, he's fine."

"How can you be sure, I mean, you said it yourself, it's not a holiday for him. So what is it? Is he some kind of undercover spy who has to go on secret missions? Does he have family in hospital with an incurable disease? Is he a criminal overlord to help make money? Or maybe he has to sell his body?!"

"I think you're being a little over dramatic."

"I'm being serious! What if he's in danger? How will I give him his money back?"

"Ezra, you need to calm down. I've never seen you so worried about anyone other than yourself before. What's gotten into you?"

"Worried about him? I'm not worried about him. Owing him this money is killing me okay? Ever since you guilt tripped me, I can't stop thinking about how much I inconvenienced him. I mean, what if that was his last tenner and now his family are starving or something?"

"Ezra, when was the last time you slept?"

"I can't sleep, my mind just...arghhhhhh!"

"Okay Ezra, baby, just breathe a second. If it's upsetting you that much, how about I give you his address. You can stop by his house and see if he's okay, give him the money back and then it's off your shoulders, yeah?"

"You mean he's still at home? What kind of holiday is this? Is he sick?"

"Not exactly..."

"He's a werewolf isn't he! And he has to... no wait.... He's a girl right?! Is he that embarrassed about periods and stuff?"

"Ezra, now you're being ridiculous. Just go visit him. Talk to him. He'll tell you if you just ask."

"But it could be true! And even if I do go, what if he isn't in? And he'll be like, how did you get this address? And what if he thinks I'm some sort of creepy stalker?"

"Okay, I can give you his phone number and you can say a kid from school gave it you. That's not weird is it."

"But do I call him or text him? And what if he doesn't answer? What do I do then?"

"Call him. He's not a texter."

"But what if-"

"He'll answer. He always answers."

"But-"

"Sleep baby, take your pills and sleep."

"I...good night Salmon..."

"Night baby."