Bonding Over Haines

But it's all good now

"I called him Salmon!"

"Oh, baby, what did he say?"

"Well at first he seemed a bit confused and I couldn't really come up with a reason for calling him, but he asked about homework and I said I'd get it for him and drop it off with some of my notes and his money tomorrow. I feel so relieved!"

"I'm glad, hehe."

"What's so funny?"

"Huh? Oh it's nothing."

"Is it about him? Just tell me. Or are you laughing at something I said?"

"It's a little bit of both. The idea of him doing homework is quite funny really."

"Why? Is it cause he's lazy? That's kinda low, especially for you."

"Well, yes and no. He's far too clever to need never mind bother doing homework. I don't think his teachers ever set him any unless it's coursework, so I'm just trying to imagine him fumbling around in that conversation. He doesn't like people knowing that he's smart."

"He's smart?"

"His IQ is over 150."

"Woah, okay, he's like a genius."

"He could be a genius, if he ever bothered to use his brain."

"Sounds like you have some unresolved issues about how he spends his time."

"Never mind that, you're going to his house tomorrow."

"Yeah, to drop off some notes and his money...well, I guess he doesn't need the notes but I'll play along."

"You should go for coffee."

"If I was drinking anything right now, I would have just choked. Are you actually being serious?"

"Go on, it won't hurt. He likes company and he's not weird so he won't think you're coming onto him. He's actually pretty dumb when it comes to those sorts of things."

"What was that last thing you muttered?"

"Nothing. Never mind. Just enjoy tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, umm...sure...good night Salmon."

"Goodnight piglet."

"Oh, and thanks for his number. I really do feel much better."

"Glad I could help you."

"...Salmon?"

"Mmmm?"

"How did you know that he still used that number?"

"I just know baby. Sweet dreams Ezra."

"Yeah, okay, sweet dreams."