Status: I've never watched this show, but i have seen a ton if youtube videos of madhatter. Im giving this a shot.

It's a Mad World.

Prologue.

I watched him from afar, his eyes wide as he sat in the room surrounded by fabrics, needles and hats.

Thousands upon thousands of hats, it seemed to be never ending and yet they didn't even seem to bother him. He hadn't even noticed us standing there watching his madness, his brown hair flying around as he stuffed the needle through the fabric and pull it out from the other side. He sat as if this was normal, his legs crossed and his eyes never leaving the project he was working on.

Alice stood next to me watching as well, but she didn't seem fazed by his actions. It was as if this was normal to her, his crazed self was nothing but normal.

Looking over to her before glancing back to his my lips moved, but nothing happened the first time. It was as if the words wouldn't come out, they were stuck for some reason. But I pushed forward.

"Who is he?"

"Why he's the mad hatter silly." She placed a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump slightly before looking back in his direction, Mad hatter.

It had been a few years since I had been in this realm and seeing him sitting there, frantically making hats broke my heart into a million pieces. This wasn't the man I had met when I had first encountered wonderland, this man seemed lost. The man I had met when first coming to this realm was strong, vibrant, confident and still crazy.

I watched as he paused what he was doing and slowly lifted up his gaze from the hat, his deep blue eyes that were once so bright were now dull and tired.

Slowly I placed my hand against the door frame and gazed upon him, Alice standing next to me just watching and waiting to see what happened.

"Jefferson?" My voice was low and his eyes opened slightly, he looked ready to move but instead picked up the needle and thread while moving his attention back to the hat before him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This short chapter took forever to write only because I didn't know how to start it off and because there's a crack in my phone which is effecting my keyboard. It's really annoying, my enter key freezes and my backspace ends up writing the letter above it which is "L" hope you like it.