The Clinic

2

By the time she got changed into her hospital gown and got into bed, Heather was shaking almost uncontrollably. Her breath came in short gasps, and she could not remember ever being this excited. She knew that she needed to calm down so that she could make the phone calls she needed to make. Forcing herself to take slower, deeper breaths she began to feel calmer.
She picked up the phone and dialed the hospital where she worked. Heather had decided not to quit outright, instead she told them that she would be out of town for a while due to a family emergency, and no, she wasn’t sure when she would be back. The next call she made was to her landlady, she told her essentially the same story. The final call she made was to her mother. Heather told her that she had a chance to do some traveling and that she would be gone for several months. She promised to call from time to time and her mother seemed content with that, in truth, her mother did not seem too interested.
Her business taken care of, Heather put the telephone down and reached for the call buzzer. She could feel the excitement starting to build again as she pushed the button.
After a wait of only a few moments Sidney came through the door. “Are you all ready to start?” he asked.
Heather answered, “I am very ready, you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this.”
“Have you been giving any thought to what you would like to have done?” Sidney asked.
“I knew the answer to that one as soon as you told me to think about it. I have this pain in my left lower quadrant, and I think I have an ovarian cyst which needs to be removed.” She replied.
“That sounds like a good place to start,” said Sidney. “I’ll have you brought down to the exam room for a physical, and after that we can start preparing you for your surgery. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning, some of the preps will be done tonight and some will be done in the morning just before we take you to the OR. Does that sound good to you?”
“It sounds really good, I can’t wait,” was Heather’s reply.
Sidney left the room after telling her that someone would be in to get her.
A few minutes later a young blond woman opened the door and entered the room. She was dressed in surgical greens and a long white lab coat. She pushed a wheelchair into the room.
“Hi, My name is Michelle and I’m going to be your nurse during your stay here.” She introduced herself.
“Hi Michelle, my name is Heather.”
Michelle went to the bedside table, opened a drawer and took out a pair of slippers, she gave them to Heather. After Heather had put them on Michelle then handed her a small plastic cup, She told Heather that she needed to empty her bladder and that a urine specimen was needed for her pre op work-up. Heather went to the adjoining bathroom and did as she was instructed. When she returned Michelle had her sit in the wheelchair. She pushed the chair out of the room, down the hall and into one of the rooms which Heather hadn’t yet seen. It looked like a standard exam room. Michelle helped Heather out of the wheelchair and onto the exam table. In just a few moments Sidney entered. He had changed from street clothes into surgical attire and a lab coat.
Sidney started the exam by looking into Heather’s eyes with an opthalmoscope; he followed by looking into her ears and mouth. He had her tilt back her head so that he could peer into each nostril. He felt several places on her neck with his fingertips, checking her glands he told her. Sidney picked up his stethoscope and stepping around to her side, he untied the back of her gown. The gown fell forward slightly exposing her back and shoulders. He then had Heather take several deep breaths as he listened to her lungs.
“Ok, Heather go ahead and lay back,” he told her. As she did so, he raised the foot of the exam table to support her legs. He pulled her gown down below her waist, exposing her breasts, He was pleased to note that she had nice breasts, although rather small and very soft, even a bit saggy. Her nipples were large, however, brownish-pink in color with the areola covering most of the surface of each breast. Taking the stethoscope again, he listened carefully to her heart. “Your heartbeat is very rapid,” he told her.
“I am incredibly turned on right now,” Heather answered.
“I’ll examine your breasts now.” Starting with her left breast he gently, but firmly palpated her breast. He finished that breast by cupping it in his hand and squeezing the nipple. Heather gasped and moaned as he did so. He repeated the process on the right breast. Heather was becoming visibly aroused, flushed, her breath coming in ragged gasps.
When he finished his exam of her breasts he pulled her gown back up into place. Michelle covered Heather’s legs with a partially folded sheet. Sidney then pulled her gown up to just below her nipples and folded the sheet down to just above her pubic bone. Taking up his stethoscope again he listened in several places on her abdomen. He mentioned that her bowel sounds were normal. He put down the stethoscope again and told her he was going to examine her belly. He started by placing his left hand over her right upper quadrant, he placed his right hand atop his left and pressed down, gently but firmly. Sidney slowly and carefully probed each of the quadrants of Heather’s abdomen, noting that she tensed up when he check her left lower quadrant.
“Is that uncomfortable?” he asked.
“ A little bit,” Heather replied but she privately thought it felt wonderful. Sidney had a firm yet gentle touch that was making her crazy, she wanted his hands all over her, inside her. She was so excited by the thought that tomorrow those wonderful hands would actually be inside her, she shivered with anticipation.
Michelle had moved around to the head of the table and placed one hand lightly on Heather’s shoulder. Heather reached up with her hand and took Michelle’s free hand, squeezed it.
Sidney loosened a knob on each side of the exam table and slid the stirrups into position. He guided Heather’s feet, one after the other, into the stirrups and then slid the foot of the table back out of the way. As he did so the sheet covering her legs fell down between them. He pulled up a stool and seated himself between her legs. Heather was feeling extremely vulnerable as he raised the sheet and folded it back to expose her genitals and lower abdomen.
“You’re going to feel me touching you down here, Heather, Just relax. I’ll be as gentle as possible,” he told her.
Heather took a few deep breaths, trying to get herself under control. Michelle gently stroked her face. She heard, rather than saw him don exam gloves.
Sidney first did a visual exam of her external genitalia and lower abdomen. He noted her appendectomy scar and that it was a vertical scar just to the right of her navel extending down about 6 inches, there were suture marks on each side. He checked for amount and distribution of pubic hair, observing that she had thick, dark brown curls, quite nice actually. Her labia majora appeared normal. Placing a thumb on each side of her labia he gently pulled them apart. Her advanced state of arousal was apparent, her inner membranes glistening. He separated the labia minora and inspected her clitoris, urinary meatus and vaginal introitus. A drop of fluid oozed from her vaginal opening.
“It doesn’t look like I need to use any lubricant to do this exam,” he joked. He slowly eased on finger into her vagina. Heather moaned loudly as he penetrated her, she started to shake and almost involuntarily her hips began to move. “You need to lay very still,” Sidney cautioned her. Heather nodded. When his finger contacted her cervix he then inserted another finger and began examining her internal anatomy. He noted the size, shape and location of her cervix, as well as the tone of her vaginal muscles. Using his other hand he pushed down on her lower abdomen quite firmly, first the right side. “The ovary on this side feels normal,” he told her. Next he did the left side, pushing down to bring the ovary into contact with the fingers he had inside her vagina. “You’re right, there is a bit of a mass here.” Sidney said. “Your uterus feels normal,”
He slowly withdrew his fingers exerting pressure against the top of her vagina as he did so, he watched to see if any discharge appeared from her urinary meatus, there was none. “ I need to do a rectal exam now, You’re going to feel something cold and wet touch your anus, it’s just some lubricant. I’ll go slow, but you let me know if you feel any discomfort at all,” he told her.
After squeezing a bit of lubricant onto his gloved finger he slowly and gently massaged it into her anus. He used a circular motion and gradually increased the pressure until his finger slipped past her anal sphincter. Heather moaned loudly and had to bite her lip to keep from crying out. She grasped Michelle’s hands and squeezed them.
“Are you feeling any discomfort?” Sidney asked
“NO, it feels really good, I want more, deeper, please, it’s so good.” Heather gasped, she could not believe how aroused she was feeling.
Sidney pushed his finger deep inside her rectum, probing for any irregularities. “You have some stool here, we’ll have to get you cleaned out before your surgery, otherwise everything looks good.” He said. He slowly withdrew his finger and removed his gloves. He used a tissue to wipe off her perineum then stepped back so he could raise the foot of the table into place. Sidney had her take her feet out of the stirrups and once she had done so he moved the stirrups out of the way. Michelle helped Heather into a sitting position.
“Michelle, take Heather back to her room and get started prepping her, She needs to be shaved, then give her a laxative suppository, once that’s had results, give her enemas until the return is clear. She also needs betadine showers times three. Also, do the standard pre op blood work. CBC, Chemistry, Type and Crossmatch four units of whole blood for her. Got all that?”
“Yes Doctor, no problem,” Michelle replied.
Sidney smiled at Heather and squeezed her hand. “Do you have any questions?” he asked.
“No Doctor, not just yet anyway,” Heather replied, “If you think of anything, don’t hesitate to ask. Ok? I’ll leave you in Michelle’s capable hands, She’ll take good care of you.”
“Thank you, Doctor,” Said Heather. She watched him turn and leave the room.
“Ok, Heather, lets get you back to your room so we can prep you. If you thought the exam was fun, just wait,” said Michelle. She helped Heather back into the wheelchair and took her back to her room.