What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist

Simple Champagne.

Now, when I said the restaurant looked expensive, I wasn’t kidding. Or about it being small. There was barely ten tables in there and everyone in there looked like they were about to attend the Grammies. My eyes fell wide at the types of food which were being laid out onto the customers’ tables. Lobster, Caviar, glasses of expensive champagne – you name it and you could have it! Man, the prices must be horrendous!
“Billie, I can’t even afford to piss in a place like this. Are you sure we should eat here?!” I whispered as I was feeling incredibly intimidated.
“Laura, I’m paying – not you. Therefore you can afford to eat here,” he smiled. Then he pulled me towards a waiter and began talking to him.
“Excuse me. Um, I’d like a table for two please?” Billie Joe stated, gesturing towards himself and I.
“Of course sir, right this way please.” The waiter looked at me, dumbfounded, and then led us towards a table near the back of the restaurant. I followed Billie as he sat down opposite me. The waiter pushed two menus into our hands and waited to take our order.
“What would you like to drink Madame?” the waiter asked, whipping out a notebook and pen. Jesus, they call you Madame in here? My god.
“Um, just water please-”
“And a bottle of champagne please,” Billie Joe interrupted. The waiter jotted down our order and wandered off.
“Laura, you can order whatever the hell you want, I really don’t mind.”
“But I feel bad because this restaurant looks so expensive. They don’t even have the prices on the menu!”
“Me, Mike and Tré sometimes eat in here when we’re in town. Just water is $10 so I really don’t care what you order!” he smirked, scanning the menu. I sighed, looking through it myself. After looking through for a few minutes, I decided on the chicken Caesar salad. The waiter then came back with two champagne glasses, a bottle of champagne and my glass of water.
“Ready to order food?” he asked. Me and Billie both nodded.
“I’ll have the chicken Caesar salad please,” Billie Joe stated, handing his menu to the guy. Wow. We think alike.
“I’ll have the same as well please.”
“Okay, I’ll be back with your food soon,” the waiter took both our menus and stumbled off. I watched as Billie laughed softly.
“What’s so funny?” I asked curiously.
“I can’t believe you ordered the same thing as me; you really didn’t have to!” he scoffed, smiling at me.
“I actually chose that before you even said so!” I defended myself, grinning also.
“Of course you did. Mhm.” He said as he rolled his eyes, still smiling.
“I did!”
“Course!”
“You’re unbelievable!” I laughed, poking his shoulder.
“Hey! Don’t poke me or I’ll get Tré to poke the shit out of you when we get back to the hotel,” Billie Joe warned me.
“I’ll have poked the shit out of you before then Billie,” I grinned, poking him again.
“Stop it!” he moaned, pushing my shoulder gently.
“Fine then!” I giggled. I wouldn’t give up though; I’ll just poke him when we’re outside. Billie Joe merely grinned, picking up one of the glasses and pouring a little champagne in it. He then continued to pour some into the other glass. The glass was passed to me.
“Cheers.” Billie held up his glass in front of me.
“Cheers Billie Joe.” I clunked my glass against his as we both took a sip of the expensive beverage. I watched as the glass met Billie Joe’s lips and the liquid poured into his mouth slowly. I can’t tell you how seductive he made drinking a simple glass of champagne.

My lips were touching his only 10 minutes ago.

It really felt as though that moment in the cab had been completely forgotten. Was he just ignoring it, or was he embarrassed?
“Billie Joe?” I said, deciding to tackle the subject.
“Mhm?”
“Y’know that thing that happened between us in the-”
“Here you are sir… Madame… enjoy your meals!” A different waitress plopped the food in front of us, completely cutting my sentence. I sighed before picking up my fork and beginning to eat my salad.
“Sorry, as you were saying Laura?” he asked, half-smiling at me as he picked up his fork. Maybe we can just discuss it later.
“Forget it, I’ll just tell you later,” I mumbled, munching on a piece of lettuce.
“Well… okay if you’re sure?” Billie Joe pestered, also talking a bite of some salad.
“Yeah it’s fine.”