What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist

Play For Us.

“What’s the matter kid? Got an earwig in your ear?” Tré Cool asked me, grinning. I couldn’t believe this was happening. Nothing good ever happened to me. This has to be a dream. I’ve only been in New York two days! How could something this fucking awesome happen, to me? I continued to stare at Tré, completely fascinated by my favourite drummer of all time. He was clothed in an emerald-green shirt, beige short and black converses. His reddish-brown hair was covered mostly by a black baseball cap. His amazing blue eyes were lined with black eyeliner.

“Um no. No, sorry,” I stuttered. I felt my cheeks burn heavily. I rubbed my eyes, checking that I wasn’t hallucinating the drummer’s presence. This just made Tré laugh. His eyes wandered down to my guitar, which swung by my waist.
“You play?” he motioned towards my sticker-covered guitar.
“Yeah, I do,” I nodded, a smirk playing on my lips.
I was bewildered. Mostly at how me, Laura Kidman, was in an elevator talking to Tré Cool about guitar. My guitar!
Um, about eight years I think,” I replied, following Tré out of the lift. Odd how we both got out at the same stop, right?
“You any good?” Tré grinned at me.
“I’m okay I guess – nothin’ special,” I giggled. He laughed slightly.
“Well, I’d like to be the judge of that. Would ya play for me sometime?”

HOLY SHIT. Did Tré just ask me to play for him? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

“Uh, yeah! Course!” I gawked.
“FINALLY. WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN TRÉ?” a male voice bellowed from behind me. Oh. My. God. I have got to be dreaming. I turned around, and realized this wasn’ta dream. He was right there, in front of my eyes.
“Dude, sorry. I’ve been talking to my new friend here, um… what’s your name?” Tré asked sheepishly. I didn’t reply though. There was no way I could. My eyes were glued to the spiky-haired man in front of me. Tré tried to wave a hand in my face.
“Yoo-hoo? Anyone home?” he whistled. I began to feel really dizzy. I watched as Billie Joe smirked at me, knowing I was in a trance. My vision became blurred, and the next thing I remembered was black surrounding me…

My eyes slowly fluttered open. There was a line of water trickling down my nose and down my face. Tré came into view, holding an empty glass, along with Billie Joe next to him. They were both peering down at me.

I sat up straight away. It seemed as though Tré had chucked a glass of water on me. What had happened?! How the fuck could I faint in front of Tré Cool and Billie Joe Armstrong? This could possibly be the most embarrassing moment of my life.

“God kid, you all right?” Tré asked.
“Yeah I-I’m fine,” I groaned, getting up. I felt my cheeks once again burning.
“You gave us quite a scare there, erm-“ Billie Joe stopped.
“My name’s Laura,” I informed them.
“Well Laura, you gave us quite a fright. I didn’t think me and Tré was that scary! Okay, maybe Tré is…” laughed Billie Joe.

God, that smile was adorable.

I giggled. I glanced around the room I had ended up in. I could see a black guitar leaning on the far wall, a can of beer on a marble table and the odd drumstick here and there. It was clear to me that I was in their hotel suite. I was still amazed this was happening.
“Sorry that I fainted earlier. I was just a bit-“
“Shocked?” Billie Joe finished. I nodded.
“I was gonna go with bewildered, but it’s all good,” I smiled. The guys both laughed.
“So… when are you going to play for me?” Tré pondered, motioning towards my guitar, which was against a large closet. I laughed. Did he really want to hear me play that much?
“Um, whenever. It’s up to you,” I spoke.
“Now! Now! Now!” Tré chanted. Billie Joe rolled his eyes at Tré’s childish behavior.
“Well, let’s hear you then,” Billie Joe beckoned, sitting down in one of the armchairs, crossing his legs. Tré took a seat on the floor, next to Billie Joe’s chair. I picked up my guitar and placed it into position.
“Okay, so what would you like to hear?” I mumbled. I was growing nervous.
“Whatever feels right to you,” Billie Joe replied. I didn’t reply, I just began to play.