What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist

Hangin' Out.

I heard some faint footsteps and the click of the lock. Billie Joe’s face appeared, grinning.

My heart swelled.

“Oh, hey Laura!” he said cheerfully, opening the door wider and beckoning me in. “Don’t mind Tré, he’s in a bit of a funny mood. He could possibly be drunk already, so don’t mind him.”
I laughed and followed Billie Joe into the suite. I could hear Tré singing. He came into view, perched on the floor with a baseball cap on which said BIG DICK on it, and he was wearing a black t-shirt and three-quarter length white trousers. I also noticed someone else, sitting on the sofa. He has brown spiky hair and was wearing a tank top and black jeans, and was currently plucking on his bass. Mike.
“Oh yeah Lau,” Billie said. “This is obviously Mike, our bassist.”
Mike grinned and waved. “Hey,” he greeted me and I went over and shook his hand. I sat down next to him and placed my guitar on the floor.
“Hiyaaa Lauraaa!” slurred Tré, sipping a glass of what looked like vodka.
“Hello Tré,” I giggled.
“So, what can you play? Bill told me you were really good,” Mike asked me. I grinned. Bill told me you were really good.He liked my playing that much, huh?
“Um, most of your songs… some of the Clash, a bit of Nirvana basically,” I replied. For some reason, I felt oddly relaxed with Mike. Perhaps it was the fact I didn’t fancy the pants off him; unlike I did with Billie Joe.
“Cool,” he said back. “I love young kids who are into the whole punk scene and can play.”
“You love young kids?” asked Tré. “Man, that’s only slightly perverted!”
I let slip a laugh and Mike scowled. I watched as Billie Joe sat on the couch next to ours.
“Yeah… whatever you say,” Mike yawned. “Tré, why don’t you go have another drink?”
“Exactly. I much agree Michael,” nodded Tré, and he re-filled his now empty glass.
“Tré, are you drunk?!” I laughed.
“Yeah, quite a bit actually,” he grinned.
“Err… do you want a drink Lau?” Billie asked me.
“Um sure, I don’t mind what thanks,” I replied. Billie Joe smiled. Billie Joe. Stop smiling. It’s too fucking gorgeous.
Tré was now telling a joke that didn’t even make sense.
“Tré, you know it is only quarter to eight and you’re already on your way to the end of the rainbow!” I laughed.
“Gooooooood thinking,” he murmured. “You’re good at math.”
I giggled again. It was just hilarious, even if he didn’t make any sense!
Billie Joe came out from the kitchen with two glasses in hand. He handed me one.
“Uh, is there alcohol in this?” I asked him uncertainly.
“Just a tad I think. I just poured us each a glass of something,” answered Billie, quite uncertain too. “Is that okay? Cause I could probably find a nice 7up lurking in the back of the fridge!” he joked. I laughed.
“No, it’s just I’m not exactly legal age to drink here. I mean, I am back home-but in the US-“ I stopped before being interrupted.
“Wait, don’t you live here?” Tré asked suddenly.
“Nope, I’m just here on vacation for ten days,” I informed them. “I’m English-obviously!”
“Wow, that-that’s h-hot,” Tré asked and poured himself yet another drink.
My stomach flipped over. Had a member of Green Day just called me hot?! Maybe he was joking. Besides, he doesn’t seem in the most serious mood at the moment.
“Excuse Tré Laura, he’s perverse,” Billie winked at me.
“I don’t really mind that much!” I smirked, laughing.
“So whereabouts do you live in the UK?” Billie asked and we both went and sat next to Mike.
“I live in Birmingham,” I answered. “But I’d love to come and live over here.”
“That’s cool,” said Mike casually, and he started twiddling with the knobs at the top of his bass. “We like touring the UK more than the US. The US is kind of sucks.”
“This current tour isn’t actually as bad as last years,” Billie stated.
“Oh yeah, the last tour here did suck,” Mike agreed. “You got our new album?” he added.
“Yeah course,” I smiled. “It’s brilliant.”
Billie Joe and Mike both grinned. Tré wasn’t listening much; he had now switched the TV on and was looking for the porn channels.
“Now York isn’t too bad,” Billie contemplated. “Much better to play at than Chicago.”
“How many shows have you got here?” I questioned them.
“We’ve got one tomorrow, and one the day after,” Mike replied, sipping a mug of coffee. “But we’re here for another week because we have a TRL appearance booked.”
My heart leapt. They were still here for another week, at least!
“Oh, TRL should be pretty cool,” grinned Billie.

We sat there talking for a while; me, Mike and Billie Joe while Tré flicked through the channels. We chatted about music, guitars and joked around. It was almost ten when Mike said he was going to bed.
“Right, I’m off. I’m going to bed,” Mike announced, yawning.
“Nah, nah,” Tré mumbled. “Come on M-Mikey, come and play with the big boys.”
“No Tré, I’m alright,” Mike grimaced, getting up from the sofa and putting his mug on the side. He stretched and yawned again.
“I’d rather go to sleep. You know that I hardly ever drink, and I’m not too desperate to be in the drunk club thanks,” Mike snapped.
“Night Bill, night Laura, it was cool meeting you,” he hugged me and added, “Good evening Tré.”
He picked up a book off the table and went into his room.
“Spoil sport!” Tré yelled and threw a cushion at Mike’s door. Tré was now extremely drunk and even me and Billie Joe were pretty tipsy.
“Who wants a game of spin the bottle?” Tré suddenly piped up.
“Are you s-sure that isn’t a kid’s game?” I laughed.
“It is!” cried Billie. “Which means it’s perfect for Tré!”
Me and Billie Joe burst into fits of giggles. Tré scowled.
“Hardy har har har,” he grimaced sarcastically. “Come on, I’m being s-serious! It’s a well cool game.”
“Fine, fine,” mumbled Billie, almost falling off the couch. We all sat round in a circle.
“You know Tré, you should a-at least put a h-half decent radio channel on,” I muttered, yawning.
Tré found a bottle and spun it. It landed on Tré.
“Tré gets first spin, Tré gets first spin,” he chanted.
“Your choice,” Billie laughed. “You either get to kiss me or Laura!” I laughed.
“Well, I’m not going to tongue you if that’s what you’re aiming for!” Tré exclaimed to Billie Joe.
“Looks like it’s your lucky day Laura,” Billie giggled. I giggled too. I didn’t mind kissing Tré at all! He moved to me and clasped his lips onto mine. After a few seconds, we drew away. Billie Joe was laughing while Tré spun the bottle again. It landed on Billie.