What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist

Coffee and Sweet Cheeks.

My eyes stung as rays of bright light tried to enter my heavy eyelids. I squinted, trying to focus on whoever had interrupted my peaceful sleep. They focused onto a wide-awake Mike Dirnt.
“The light… it’s too damn bright,” I groaned, trying to block it out with the palm of my hand.
“Shit – sorry Laura! I didn’t know you’d fallen asleep on the sofa,” Mike laughed, as to himself.
“No, it’s okay Mike. Just… do we have any coffee around this place?” I asked, hoping they did.
“Sure. I’m like a coffee addict… it’s like nicotine!” he joked. I smirked, understanding exactly what he meant. I stretched, trying to roll over. I’d completely forgotten that Billie Joe’s arms were wrapped around my waist, so I ended up on top of him. I felt so embarrassed, as Billie Joe’s eyes had shot open.
“Oh fuck, sorry Billie!” I moaned, moving off of him. His eyes focused on me, and he followed with a sleepy smirk.
“No, it’s okay Lau,” he said before yawning widely. I smirked at him, before standing up. I walked into the small kitchen to find Tré; his head against the table and his arms folded.
“Tré, god, are you okay?” I exclaimed as he looked up at me. He was very pale and his crystal-blue eyes were bloodshot.
“Shhh Laura. Please don’t shout,” he groaned, holding a hand to his head.
“Sorry Tré. Have you taken any aspirin?” I whispered.
“Nope, we ain’t gone any left,” he grumbled. I felt around in my pocket before pulling out a half-empty pill tray. I threw them onto the table in front of Tré. He looked up and took two immediately, swallowing them away with a few mouthfuls of coffee.
“Laura, you’re a fucking god!” he said, hugging me tightly. I smiled, patting his back gently.
“No problem Tré. It’s the least I can do since you guys let me stay here… hmm where do you guys’ keep the coffee?” I pondered, scanning on the countertop in search of coffee.
“It’s in the second cupboard” Tré replied, motioning towards the right cupboard.
“Thanks, do you want any?” I said while grabbing a mug for myself.
“Nah thanks, I haven’t finished this one yet,” he answered, taking another swig of coffee.
“Mmkay, will Billie or Mike want any?” I asked as I switched on the kettle.
“Probably. Billie Joe’s usually throwing a fit until either me or Mike make him a cup!” Tré laughed, me joining in.
“I do not!” Billie Joe yelled from the other room, causing me to laugh harder.
“Oh really? I’d like to see a stroppy Billie Joe. I bet it’s hilarious!” I giggled, grabbing another mug for Billie.
“Believe me Lau, you really don’t. He’s like the Wicked Witch of the West!” Tré chuckled only to be hit by a pillow which had been thrown by Billie Joe.
“Shut the fuck up Tré!” he moaned, stretching lazily on the couch. Tré walked up to me while whispering “See what I mean?” into my ear making me smile.
“Oh Tré, could you ask Mike if he wants any coffee please?” I said to him.
“Sure, no problem.” Tré walked through the suite and knocked on the bedroom door.
“Yeah?” Mike called through.
“Dude, you want any coffee?” Tré called back.
“Nope, I’m good thanks,” came his reply.
“Laura, he doesn’t want any... I’m off to have a shower all!” Tré yelled to me, picking up a towel of the table.
“Thanks Tré,” I said, pouring out some coffee for me and Billie Joe. I took the boiling-hot liquid through to him, placing it on the small table next to the couch. Billie was still spread across the sofa, dozing. He looked up as he heard something on the tabletop.
“Oh thanks,” he smiled warmly at me, sitting up so I could take a seat next to him.
“Cheers,” I replied, sitting down next to him.

We sat in silence for a while, both of us caught up in our own little worlds. I looked up at the wall clock which read 11-30am.
“Jesus, 11-30 already?” I thought aloud.
“Yeah, we kind of slept in!” Billie Joe chuckled as he sipped his coffee.
“I don’t usually get a lay-in as I usually get woken up for one reason or another…” I sighed, finishing of my mug.
“Oh, that sucks. We don’t really get to sleep in much either except when we don’t have a show or go to the studio,” he explained, also finishing off his coffee.
“I bet you guys have really busy lives right?” I enquired as he nodded.
“Yeah – real damn busy. I mean, when I’m not on tour with Green Day, I’m Dad at home so I’m always up to something!” he laughed.

His smile kills me every damn time.

“What about you? What do you do most of the time Lau?” Billie asked, turning more towards me.
“Well usually I’m either playing guitar or taking photos as I want to be a photographer.” I explained, smiling. I absolutely loved photography; I’d taken courses in it too.
“Really? That’s fucking awesome!” he exclaimed, making me giggle. Again.
“Yeah I love it. I’ve worked for a few magazines too,” I continued.
“Cool, which magazines?” he pondered.
“I worked for NME for a little while and I did a few concert reviews in Kerrang too.”
“That’s rad. The people at Kerrang are pretty awesome as well,” Billie spoke, ruffling his hair slightly.
“They are. But I left so I could do more hours at college and stuff. I finished my course completely a couple of weeks ago,” I told him, glancing over at the clock. It was now 12-15pm.
“Well, I better get back to my suite and get ready incase we’re going out or something,” I sighed, really not wanting to leave. I knew my mom would already be pissed and I didn’t want to give her anymore reasons to be worse.
“Oh okay… well, if you’re not doing anything, you could come back, ‘kay kid?” he offered, standing up at the same time as me.
“Oh um sure! If that’s cool with you.” I said, trying to hide my grin though not doing a great job. Billie Joe wanted to see me again!
“Course it is.” He followed me to the front door, opening it for me.

What a gentleman.

“Well, thanks Billie. Hopefully I’ll see you later,” I said, the smile not leaving my face.
“Awesome. See you then Laura.”

And that’s when my head exploded.

Billie Joe fucking kissed my fucking cheek.