Good with the gun

Getting started

You smile and turn back to the front, where Mrs. Ives is speaking about the project.

"Everything must be your own work. The content of the story or poem can be anything you want, just skip out any graphic scenes. If there is any trouble within partners, I will separate you. You have three weeks, so I suggest you spend at least 3 nights a week at each others houses." She stops talking, and you turn to Chris.

"Should we start tonight?" You whisper to him. He nods and smiles.

The rest of the day seems to have gone in a haze, before you know it, you're standing by the bike shed, waiting for Chris to come out of the school. Many people walk past, talking about their day, they ignore you completely, as usual. Ian has already gone home, you told him that you wanted to walk. He hadn't questioned it, but his eyes had filled with curiosity.

"Hey, Katie!" You hear a voice, and you don't need to turn to see who it is.

"Hey Chris." You smile. "How was Gym?" He grimaces.

"Ugh, it was torture, the girls in my class are like vultures! Waiting to ambush an innocent boy when he's not looking."
You smirk, you know exactly who he's talking about: Almost every girl in this school. You had seen the way they had looked at his muscles in lunch. It had been difficult not to laugh. He had seemed completely oblivious to it though.

"Should we get going then?" You ask, and start walking out of school.

"We have my car, you know" Chris points out. You nod and walk with him to his shiny Volvo. You squeeze past a group of Juniors, who grumble as they move out of your way.

The first five minutes in the car is silent. You stare blankly ahead, not seeing anything. You struggle for something witty and clever to say. Nothing comes to mind.

"You ever written before?" He asks. You look at him briefly before turning back to gaze out of the window.

"I sometimes do. In my spare time, if I need to forget the world"

"I don't have time to forget what’s going on in the world" He mutters. You raise your eyebrow at him, but he doesn't seem to notice. You suddenly realize how close you are to your house.

"How do you know where I live?" You ask, surprised. He looks worried for a second, as though you've found out something top secret.

"You got a tracking device or something?" You ask, a little sarcastic, a little serious.

"Something like that" He grins, causing your heart to beat unnecessarily fast.

Chris stops the car right outside your house, and you climb out. You grimace at the large, white building in front of you. Chris's reaction is different though, he smiles as though he knows of some hugely funny joke, then he grabs your hand and almost drags you up the path.

Once inside you sit down heavily on the sofa.

"My mum isn't back from work yet. We have the entire place to ourselves" You lean back on the cushion behind you.

"Better get started." He sits down beside you, and hands you a piece of paper and a pen from his bag.

"Let’s get writing" You grin.

The next hour is spent in complete silence. No one moves, speaks, coughs or even sniffs. Both of you are absorbed with your work.

Another 15 minutes pass before Chris yells,

"Finished!" And begins to do an odd dance around the coffee table.

"Let’s read it then" You smirk at his shocked expression.

"I - I don't want you to read it" He looks nervous.

"Aw, come on! I'll let you read mine" You give him puppy dog eyes and pout. The corners of his mouth twitch upwards in a slight smile as he reluctantly hands you his sheet of paper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I had writers block for a while. = ( READ ON FOR CHRIS'S STORY HE WROTE!!!