Good with the gun

Tell me it sucked

You look up from the paper with tears in your eyes. Chris is sat on the sofa, fiddling with the loose ends of the rug thrown over it.

"Chris .. this is -"

"It was bad didn't it? Tell me it was bad" He looks at you with desperate eyes.

"Chris it didn't -"

"Just tell me it was bad!"

"Chris."

"Tell me!" His eyes are mingled with sadness and desperation.

"I - It was bad, Chris" You whisper. His eyes relax, but the sadness does not leave. You reach out to touch his hand, but he flinches away.

"What's bothering you, Chris" You search his eyes for some kind of answer.

"I can't tell you" He whispers."I really wish I could, but I can't" Sub-consciously you both have moved closer together on the sofa. Your bodies almost touching.

"Why not?" You breathe. He closes his eyes and sighs. Without thinking you reach up and stroke his cheek. His eyes fly open and he abruptly stands up.

"I've got to go" His voice holds no emotion. He snatches the paper you’re holding and quickly walks to the door. You hear his car speed away.

"Goodbye, Chris" You whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes. It's VERY short. There's only so much I could write about. I couldn't have them kissing. It's only the 4th chapter. Well, technically only the 3rd, because one of them wasn't even part of the story, it was just something Chris wrote in the story. Anyway, love all you guys reading !