Status: Please comment and let me know your thoughts! Constructive criticism is encouraged!

Mr. Jonas, I Have a Confession

Chapter II

Noelle and I arrived home half an hour later due to our urge to purchase ice cream. I noticed Nick’s truck was backed up to the house’s front door, making it easier to unload, as he was currently doing. As soon as the car was in park, Noelle jumped out.

“See, you didn’t need our help,” she yelled to Nick. “You’re almost done now.

“Well, I could have used your help earlier,” he replied, shielding his eyes from the sun.

“Sorry, Noelle wanted ice cream,” I flatly stated.

“It’s fine. Mind caring this up to Peyton’s room for me, Kenna?” Nick asked, handing me a box marked ‘clothing.’

“Whatever makes your little heart happy,” I grumbled, taking the box and heading in the house.

“I bet it’s more than his heart that’s happy,” Noelle laughed.

“Oh, my gosh, Noelle!” I exclaimed. “Can you think of anything else except Nick’s unrealistic desires for me?”

“Of course not!” she stated as I sat the box next to the closet. Her phone stated to sing the chorus to Sam Hunt’s “Take Your Time.” “Hey, mom!” she chippered. “Yeah, our new coach is pretty cool.” She grimaced toward me. “Actually, it’s Nick Jonas. Kenna’s brother’s best friend, remember?” She took a set on the bed. “Oh, the crush is still there. You should see them together! It’s adorable!”

“Noelle!” I gritted.

“Who’s adorable together?” Nick asked, rounding the corner with the last of the boxes, his muscles bulging. I swallowed hard and looked at Noelle, who about lost it. Any guy with muscles like Nick’s is a huge turn on for me.

“Oh, mom! If only you knew the half of it!” she laughed. “I’ll leave here in a few minutes, mom, okay? I love you, too. Bye!”

“You don’t need to leave, Noel,” I said. “My mom won’t mind if you stated for dinner tonight.”

“Maybe another time, Ken. Besides, your hands are full here,” she grimaced, patting me on the back as she made her way out the room. “Love ya, Ken! Bye, Nick! See ya Monday if I don’t see you before.”

“Bye, Noelle!” we replied.

“So,” Nick started, “want to help me unpack?”

“Oh, sure!” I smiled. “Right after I run into the sun.”

Nick laughed. “I think your attitude could use a change, Kenna. I am not authorized to treat you special just because I’ve known you since you were in diapers.”

I gave him a dirty look. “I think my attitude is perfectly fine. It matches how I feel about you.”

“Oh, and how’s that?” he asked, stepping closer.

“You still think I’m the same little girl you knew six years ago,” I explained. “You still think your looks will make me gush like the 12 year old me did. I’m way past that stage.”

“Good,” he smiled. “It’s nice to know you grew past your little school girl crush.” Nick began to walk past me, but then stopped beside my ear, whispering, “Now, you can have an adult relationship.”

My eyes grew wide. “Excuse me?” I yelled, but he only smiled.

~~

It’s only been five days and Nick has already drove me insane. He leaves his towel on the bathroom floor, the toothpaste cap off, and never washes out the sink when he is done. He makes sure to wink at me often, just to confuse me.

“Kenna,” my mom called, “can I use your car? Mine needs to go in for an inspection.”

“Mom, I have practice,” I groaned.

“Don’t worry, Ken, I’ll take you,” Nick smiled.

“I always take Noelle to practice,” I stated, crossing my arms. “Besides, it won’t look professional if you take me.”

“I’m not worried. I already explained to Mr. Chase how well I know you both, and he was fine if I ever brought you to practice.”

“Wonderful!” my mom cheered as I dug my eyes through Nick’s skull.

“Let’s go, Jonas,” I grumbled as I saw Noelle walking up the driveway. Grabbing my equipment, I stalked out of the house, Nick on my tail. “Get in Nick’s truck, Noel. He has to take us.”

“No!” she moped. “That means I don’t get to control the music!”

“Get over it,” I sang, hopping into the passenger side as the other two got in. I immediately took the aux cord, playing “Kiss A Girl” by Keith Urban. Noelle giggled.

“You’re still the same country girl, Kenna,” Nick laughed, “and Keith Urban fan.”

I smiled at him, giving him the first real smile since he was been at my house. “’To kiss and tell, it’s just not my style, but the night is young, and it’s been a while,’” I happily sang.

Ten minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot. We were half an hour early, as it should be when you are the coach and committed to the sport. Noelle and I were helping Nick set up warm ups and different drills when cars started pulling in. They were 5 minutes early. I rolled my eyes.

“Shocker there!” Samantha squeaked. “Leighton and Snyder are here early.” Some of the girls laughed, while others ignored her outburst. “And I’m sure Leighton is already sleeping with the coach,” I heard her whisper as I walked closer to the benches.

“You’re kidding, right?” I snapped. “I don’t need to sleep around to be committed to my sport, Wertz.”

“It’s okay, we already know you’re sleeping with your school work, nerd,” one of Samantha’s friends cooed.

Noelle jogged over to my side, seeing I was already angry. “Nick said he wants us to run a lap and go into our usual warm ups, Ken.”

I nodded. “Let’s go, ladies. Two by two.” I headed over to the lines.

“And what makes you the leader, Leighton?” Samantha barked.

“I did,” Nick butted in, putting a strong arm around my shoulders. “Kenna and Noelle will lead your usual warm ups since they are your returning captains from last season.”

Samantha smiled. “Whatever you say, Mr. Jonas.”

“Please, call me Nick,” he smiled. I scoffed, pushing his arm off my shoulders. He looked at me hurt.

“Flirt with your slutty players on your own time, Jonas, not mine,” I glared.