Status: Please comment and let me know your thoughts! Constructive criticism is encouraged!

Mr. Jonas, I Have a Confession

Chapter III

“Okay, ladies. Line up to practice corner kicks,” Nick commanded.

I hustled over to the corner, Samantha on my tail.

“Isn’t he just so attractive?” Samantha asked one of her friends. They giggled, moving on to talk about how good his butt looked in his black athletic shorts. I rolled my eyes, but caught myself looking over at him as he walked to Noelle, who was positioned in front of the goal. Samantha was far from wrong; his butt did look quite appealing.

“Ready, Kenna?” Nick’s voice echoed through the hollow which the field was centered in.

I lifted my arm to signal I was, backing up and positioning myself for the kick. Nick backed up to the side of the goal, lifting his whistle to his pink lips. I licked mine, thinking about how they would feel against my own. Stop it, Kenna!

Nick blew the whistle and I took my shot on goal, the ball flying high and straight, suddenly curving into the far top corner of the goal, out of Noelle’s reach. As Noelle stood up from the ground, she shouted, “Bend it like fine ass Beckham, girl!”

I giggled as I ran over to the other corner. “I would let him bend me any day,” I winked at her. She busted into a fit of laughter. I smiled, but Nick held a straight face, arms crossed over his chest.

“I don’t want to hear those kind of comments on my team, ladies,” Nick blankly stated.

I walked over beside him. “Buzz kill.”

“Next!” he yelled, blowing his whistle. “He’s too old for you, anyway. He can’t bend you anymore,” he smirked.

My mouth flew open. My quick wit got the better of me, and I fired back. “And you think you could bend me any better?”

Nick lowered his glasses and looked at me. I gulped, expecting him to command laps from me. “Absolutely, baby,” he winked, causing me to slightly smirk. He looked up in time to see Samantha’s kick miss the goal completely.

~~

“You guys flirt way too much,” Noelle blurted as soon as we were home.

“What?” Nick and I asked in unison.

“I heard you talking about bending it better than Beckham. I’m not deaf!”

Nick and I looked at each other, slightly blushing as we smiled shyly at one another.

“I mean, I don’t care. You two would be the cutest couple ever, but you may want to keep it on the down low. I don’t trust all those girls.” She started to head for her house. “Have fun, but not too much fun!”

“That was awkward,” I plainly stated as I walked into the house, Nick following me.

“I guess I did flirt a little too hard, though,” Nick laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

“Just a tad,” I giggled, walking closer to him, “but I did too.”

Nick walked closer to me, playing with the strap on my backpack. “I can still bend you better than Beckham ever could,” he smirked.

I smirked back, enjoying our inside joke. “I’m still not convinced of that.” I lightly hit the side of his cheek and made my way upstairs. “You know,” I said as I continued to make my way to my room, “I must have a thing for bad boys since David Beckham is known as the ‘bad boy’ of soccer.” I heard Nick make his way up the stairs, hitting them hard. The next thing I knew, my backpack was ripped from my shoulders and I was spun around. Nick’s face was inches from mine as he pushed me up against the wall.

“I’m seriously getting tired of you playing hard to get,” he stated.

“I’m seriously getting tired of Samantha Wertz flirting with you,” I spat, annoyed at his sudden change in attitude

“Sluts aren’t my type anyway,” he declared. “I like the nerdy, athletic girls, you know?” He smiled, pushing the loose strands of hair behind my ears. “The kind that can kick ass, but still exceed expectations in their academic work.”

I blushed as he pressed his body closer to mine. I looked down, surprised to feel pressure against my hip bone. “Nicholas Jonas, do you have a thing for me?”

He rolled his eyes, knowing I was only trying to mess with him even more. “Very much so.”

I suddenly felt confident in myself and my body. “Then kiss me,” I demanded, no hesitation present.

Nick leaned close. “Gladly,” he whispered, sliding his hand to the back of my neck and tilting my face up toward his. Our lips only had enough time to brush against one another when my mom’s voice rang up the stairs.