Status: Please comment and let me know your thoughts! Constructive criticism is encouraged!

Mr. Jonas, I Have a Confession

Chapter V

We pawed at each other’s clothing in a haste to remove them, like a lion and a lioness, fighting for dominance, as we made our way up the steps. First, I was pushed against the wall, then Nick. I hated to lose, no matter if it was a game, or this.

When we reached my room, Nick closed the door and pushed me against it hard. I moaned as he pushed his body against my own. Before I could react, his face was pressed into the crook of my neck. The scruff of his unshaven face caused me to giggle.

“What’s so funny?” Nick asked, slightly smiling.

“Your scruff, it tickles.”

He rolled his eyes and went back to my neck, lifting me up and carrying me to my bed. I landed with a whoosh, the comforter letting out a breath. Nick pressed his shirtless body onto mine once more, his hand moving to my breast, massaging it slightly through my sports bra.

I pushed him off me, realizing I was letting him restrict my actions. When he rolled to his back, clearly concerned, I took my place on his abdomen. I smirked, attacking his lips. He grabbed my butt firmly, pressing my body closer to his, so I could feel just how much he was enjoying this.

Just when I was feeling dominant, Nick decided to take control. He flipped me onto my back quickly, holding my hands above my head. I pouted, realizing I had been defeated. His lips made contact with my neck, trailing down over my breast, where he kissed the exposed portions, and down my stomach to the hem of my shorts. As he slowly removed my shorts, I moaned lightly as he kissed the inside of my thighs.

Nick’s phone chimed, MKTO’s “Classic” filling the almost silent room. “Ignore it,” Nick mumbled against my thigh. The phone let out another chorus right after the first one ended.

“Answer it,” I stated, unwillingly prying his face from my thigh.

Nick sighed, grabbing the phone from my night stand. He stared at it confused. “It’s the school.” My eyes grew wide in horror. “Hello?” Nick answered. “I did? Really? Thank you so much. Yep, I’ll be there to talk more about it Monday. Absolutely. Thank you. Bye.”

Nick’s actions did not match his words. When he said ‘thank you,’ he looked unappreciative, almost like he didn’t want whatever he had been given. I stared at him as he sat back on the bed. I crawled to his side, my half naked body slightly distracting his gaze. However, his eyes went right back to looking off into the distance, and mine begging for him to speak.

“I’m going to be your twelfth grade English teacher.”

~~First Day of Twelfth Grade~~

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Noelle asked me once more on our drive to school. She sits in the passenger’s seat reapplying her mascara.

“I feel fine, Noel,” I reassured her. “I mean, I dressed up and let you do my make up for a reason, didn’t I?”

“They say if you dress and look confident, you will you feel much better.” She smiled kindly at me, but I could still see her sympathy. It was always there, ever since the school had called Nick a month ago. Ever since we had to end our relationship for the good of his career, and my future.

I walked into the school with confidence, my best friend by my side. I waved to my teachers whom I haven’t seen since the end of junior year. My favorite teacher Mrs. Harvey kissed my cheek as I leaned down to hug her small body.

“Oh, you look so beautiful, sweetheart!” she smiled. “I hardly ever see you out of your shorts! What’s the occasion?”
“She’s just trying to prove she is a confident young woman who don’t need no man!” Noelle snapped, bobbing her head in a weird ‘Z’ shape.

Mrs. Harvey stared at her, holding back her laughter. “Whatever you say, darling! Go take your seat for homework.”

I sat in Mrs. Harvey’s room silently. Noelle filed her nails. This was the worst part about the first day of school for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, but a breath of fresh air for freshmen. Mrs. Harvey drags on about where to find each class, the fire drill plan, and other things I already know. I pretend to be engaged, but she knows no one really cares.

The bell rings. I bolt up from my chair.

“Here we go,” I whispered.

“Stand tall and sway those hips, bitch,” Noelle ordered as we walked to first period.

Because God has a sense of humor, he decided giving me Honors English first period. I wasn’t sure if I should make a run for it. After all, Nick can’t talk to me if he couldn’t find me. However, I preferred to not go bald from Noelle dragging my hair. I drew in a long breath.

30 steps away.

One year ago today, I wouldn’t have imagined walking into my ex-boyfriend’s classroom. After all, that sort of thing didn’t happen, unless you were Aria Montgomery and lucky enough to hook up with Ezra Fitz.

20 steps away.

I slowed my walk. Was I ready for this? I had to be. I wasn’t going to let Nick stand in my way of a perfect senior year. I told Noelle to go. I needed to grab a drink before seeing him. She gave my hand a squeeze and a forced a smile.

10 steps away.

I took my water bottle from the pocket in my backpack, taking a quick swig. I closed my eyes as I leaned against the wall. I had a headache already. I let out a long breath. If I don’t do this now, I never will.

Placing my water bottle back in its pocket, I walked to the classroom door. As I turned the corner, my body hit a wall. Correction, my body hit the wall of muscle known as Nicholas Jonas.

“Kenna,” he breathed, his minty freshness and Tim McGraw cologne engulfing me.

My eyes fluttered. I wanted to kiss him right then and there as his hand stayed on the small of my back a little too long. I shook my head. “Mr. Jonas,” I stated, forcing my way past him.

I took my seat next to Noelle. She smiled, obviously being the only one to notice mine and Nick’s encounter.

Nick closed the door and cleared his throat. “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to your senior year!”