Status: Complete thank you for reading!

Rebel-Rouser

Act I

She had always known that there was something wrong with her parents. Aside from their appearance; they were criminally insane. She often wondered what was wrong with her? Although she was desensitized by the chaos her father left in his wake, she never had the desire to join in.

Of course her hands weren’t clean; when asked (or commanded) she would do what either one of her parents requested of her. Better someone else than her receiving their maniacal wrath. But on the inside she never willingly participated.

There were two things she could say for certain that she had gained from her parents (aside from physical features) , her father’s cunning and her mother’s quick thinking.

Today was her seventeenth birthday and because she was the apple of her father’s eye she was receiving a grand celebration. Although she was entirely sure her father had another purpose for this party beside her.

She asked her mother but her mother gave her an obnoxious kiss on the cheek and told her:

Just enjoy the party Daddy’s throwin’ for ya’ puddin’.

She mumbled a disinterested “Whatever.”

She sighed as she looked at the hideous purple gown no doubt picked out by her father. She hated the color purple, maybe it had to do with the fact that’s all her father ever wore. Was fuckin’ royal purple.

“I refuse to wear this,” she mumbled to herself grabbing the hanger it was on and dashing off toward the office of their new secret home. Brushing past her dad’s newest goons she pushed opened the double iron doors.

Her parents were obviously in the middle of planning their next heist with a bunch of men she wasn’t concerned with. She marched up to her father’s desk with the dress mostly blocking her from view.

“What’s this?” her father asked in his usual whimsical voice, “A ghost?”

When her mother and father shared a laugh she rolled her eyes and peeked around the gown.

“Ah it’s just my little Ellie…”

“I’m not wearing this.”

“Why not?” he asked her with a smile clearly not caring at all about her protest, “Purple looks wonderful on you.”

“I hate purple,” she stated just as indifferently, “I’m not wearing this.”

She saw that glint of crazed anger flash in her father’s eyes, “You will wear that or you will not go to the party at all.”

“Now now puddin’ can’t we just get her another dress?”

Her mother asked on her behalf jumping down from her post on top of her dad’s desk.

“No!” he slammed his hand down on the desk, “Her inability to listen has gotten worse over these past few weeks and that is not how we trained her. If she does not wear that dress that I so thoughtfully picked out for her then she just won’t go at all and miss all the fun…”

“Oh no,” Ellie murmured sarcastically under her breath, “What a pity…”

“You little brat!”

Her father had quickly leapt out of the chair and grabbed her by her chin, “If you don’t want to be a part of my fun then get out…”

“Mr. J—” her mother protested immediately but she was silenced by her father; yelling at her to shut up.

Her father then looked back to her with those dead green eyes, “Well…?”

“Guess I’m leavin’…” Ellie hissed.

“Eleanor…” her mother sighed sadly, “Can’t ya just wear the dress?”

“No,” she replied stubbornly looking just like her father in her defiant stance, “I’m gone.”

“Don’t think I’ll protect you if you get picked up by some street trash.”

Her mother went to speak again on her behalf but her daughter just waved her hand over her shoulder, “That’s fine I don’t need ya’.”

That’s the last thing she said to her parents before she disappeared without a trace.

At least to their knowledge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so ready for Suicide Squad and in it's honor I've come up with this! I hope you found the first part enjoyable!