Why Don't I Like Girls Anymore?

45 - Epilogue

A group of young people enter a record store, browsing the CD racks with as if there's nothing more exciting to do with their day. The group disperse into smaller sections, but two people are the most prominent sight within the mob.

Two boys walk over to look at posters along with many gazes of the other people in the shop. The gazes mainly focused on their hands, which are attached loosely as they walk.

One of the boys, tall with dark, messy hair and piercing eyes, notices the gazes at first and looks slightly worried. Then the other boy, slightly shorter with much longer curly hair, tugs on his hand and whispers soothingly in his ear.

The dark-haired boy smiles and starts to ignore the stares, browsing the posters absent-mindedly instead. Soon the starers also lose interest, going back to their shopping and it is as if the event never even happened.

Eventually everyone re-groups and the two boys carry on holding hands whilst talking to the others. The curly-haired boy even kisses the other on the cheek before they leave but nobody is upset by this anymore.

Outside the shop, the two boys fall behind the group and stop under a street lamp.

'I love you Simon.' one whispers to the other, and this sentiment is returned.

Then they turn to the rest of the group, who are beginning to notice their absence and look around for them, and walk away from the light into the warm surrounding darkness of the late evening.

The dark-haired boy, Simon, smiles to the darkness as they walk, thinking to himself...

'This is how it's meant to be...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, dedication time :)

My readers, thank you so so so so so much!! You've made this story worth writing, it would probably have dried up after chapter 3 if I'd been left to my own devices XD

I really can't thank you enough, you're all awesome!!

Also to Lauren, Morgan, Louisa, Katie, Daffyd, Jasmine, Soph, Lois, Jodie, Alissa... all of my friends who have taken the time to read my story and encourage me to write more :) you're all amazing.

Wow, I'm surprisingly unemotional to say that I've just finished this :O but knowing me after a while I'll be missing Simon XD (he's one of my brain children y'see)

I don't think I'll be doing a sequel to WDILGA though, it would probably just ruin it and I think I left the story on a good note...

Comments = love, please tell me what impressions you've gathered from this story =] that would mean so much. <3