Why Don't I Like Girls Anymore?

5

Thursday 18th March

12.50pm

I'm home, even though I shouldn't be.

I could never deal with bullying very well, but this was a whole new level of bullying.

I fought my way through homophobic, some curious, some disgusted, stares to the receptionists' office and pleaded illness. Clutching my stomach and groaning, I wheezed that I needed to lie down at home and recuperate.

Even the secretary at the desk eyed me with suspicion. At the time I thought she already knew about my secret, but now I realise my acting at being sick was pathetic and I'm amazed I'm even home. She must have taken pity on me.

Nobody else wanted to take pity on me. As soon as I was walking across the car park at the front of the school I found Cathy and her friends. Popular elite of the school.

One guy, who I think is called Sam, walked right up to me and spat at my feet.

'Fucking homo!' he shouted and I couldn't help but wince. 'Who were you fooling around with, you filthy gay?'

Then it dawned on me. Cathy hadn't mentioned Julian. She had only mentioned me. Only me. The one, out of the two of us, who wouldn't be able to deal with this.

I used to think even Cathy had compassion. Oh, how wrong I was.

'Answer me!' he shouted and pushed me. I took a step back to steady myself and he stepped forward just to intimidate me a bit more.

Then his face screwed up in disgust and he walked away rapidly. 'I don't want to go near him. He might try to feel me up!'

His cronies jeered and the girls squawked with laughter, but Cathy wasn't laughing. She looked... sad? I wasn't sure. All I could think was how could she do this? How could she?

I felt my face crumple up so I turned around and walked away quickly. The crowd still spotted this.

'Aaaww, the little gay boy's crying!' one girl sneered in a high pitched voice that resounded horribly in my ear drums.

As soon as I turned the corner I started running and didn't stop until I reached home. Then I crashed on the sofa and curled up into a ball.

I'm definitely not going to school tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
nothing to say... hope to get chapter 6 up soon!