And I Would Walk Five-Hundred Miles

Fashion Backwards

Greg looked at me for a moment, as if trying to figure out the inner workings of my mind, sighed, and smiled.

“About bloody time!” he cheered and wrapped me in a tight hug.

“Can’t… breathe!” I choked out.

He quickly let go of my body smiling like a child on Christmas. He danced around me in a circle saying, “Lydia’s seen the light! Lydia’s seen the light!”

I rolled my eyes and said, “Yeah, yeah. I’ve “seen the light”. That doesn’t solve anything, Gregory. All it does is put me in a worse position than before. Now, I have to live with the very man I love for two weeks, and-”

“And what? That means you guys can shag uninhibited for two straight weeks!”

I felt myself turn forty shades of red and mumbled, “Let’s hold our horses. There won’t be any of that. Now as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted… I don’t know what I’m going to do because I sure as hell am not confessing my feelings to him.”

Greg gave me a blank stare and said one word: “Why?”

“Why? Why what?”

“Why aren’t you going to tell him how you feel?”

I sighed and mumbled, “What if he doesn’t reciprocate the feelings…?”

“Oh please,” Greg scoffed, “That’s impossible. The man gave you a diamond necklace for your birthday, has been in love with you for the past year, and you are still are convinced he might not reciprocate the feelings? Really, Lydia? You are daft.”

I just glared at him as I let the words sink in. Part of me knew he was right, but another part was rather resistant at the idea of getting my hopes up about the matter. After a moment of silence, I muttered, “What do you think I should do?”

“I already told you,” he said. “Tell him you really care about him. Tell him you’ve been thinking about it, and that if he still liked you the way he said he did last year, you would be willing to try and fix things and start something more with him. Tell him you think about him constantly, in a non-obsessive way,” he added. “Most importantly,” he breathed, “… tell him you love him, Lydia.”

There was silence between us until the “ding” of a customer coming in meant the end of our conversation.

“We’ll finish this later,” Greg whispered, and turned to the customer as I was left to contemplate what he had just told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's majorly filler. I'm going through writer's block. I just finished my summer assignments, so my brain is kaputz. Bear with me. The end is near for this story.
As always, comments are greatly appreciated and definitely an incentive to update. Hell, it's why I updated now in the first place. So yes, comment, comment, comment.
And most importantly, enjoy. =)