Status: Oneshot

Jokes on You

One and Only

She was the calmness that he lacked but when she cracked no one was safe not even herself. He lived for those moments when she was truly insane and free of the mental shackles of right and wrong. Unlike Harley she didn’t enjoy the chaos for him, but for the destruction, pain, and death brought with it. She could take every hit and when he would push her over the edge she wanted it even more. He had grown attached to his Harley Quinn, and had spent precious time saving her ass, plus all the work he had went through to get her to her psychotic state. Lillian had snapped his toy in half as soon as she realized she wanted him, she wouldn’t fathom the thought of sharing his attention between them both. He had to admit he loved watching the life leave her eyes, he knew it went faster than it seemed and he savored the moment watching her stand over the fallen to claim her prize.

Lillian could go all night with him and then some. It wasn’t even an obsession like Harley’s had been. She saw her reflection of her chaotic self when she looked at him. She never left his side, but she was willing to go against his word to do her own thing and when it really pissed him off she would hit back and oh god did he love it. This is what a true woman should be like he would say to himself every time he saw her kill. Each kill was more creative than the last, and one slit throat was never enough for her. She reveled in the power she had over her victims and she fucked harder after every murder, the more the better. She was not eager to please him, but she dressed in contradiction with her schoolgirl uniform.

Damn it was so hard for him to focus on anything for too long but she had a way to get to him and every time she did he was able to reach a clarity he had never knew existed till he had met her. The first time he fucked her, she fought hard and broke his nose as blood spilled he saw the glint in her eye whenever things got rough and abusive she loved it and wanted she more. She wouldn’t take it willing but they both knew there was no fun in that. She knew how to act like a fragile girl who just wanted the pain to stop, but always, there was that maniacal look in her eyes the same as his. He was the perfect match for her as she was for him.

They killed, mangled, burned and robbed together, they ran the city as Gotham’s king and queen. One day she came to him and everything about him changed in one moment. She was dangerously calm, every word dripped acid as she explained to him that she was pregnant with his child. She wanted it gone and knew that the two of them together would kill it anyways. He knew she was right until he had the breathing legacy of the Joker in his hands he knew it would never be safe. He knew the only way for his empire to carry on was for the child to live and he didn’t trust himself or her to last nine months to let that happen. He placed her in Arkham asylum. He hated not seeing her or hearing her voice it made him madder than he had been before he had met her.

He received the news of her break out two short months after their daughter had been born, she had taken his little Lucy with her. He swore he would kill her when he found her, no one took what was his. He scoured the city for information and killed anyone who had helped her stayed hidden. Finally after two years he had a lead that the Bat might know something. He wasn’t particularly surprised, like him, the Bat had his hands in everything pertaining to Gotham and his daughter was the future of the city. When he found out during their latest round that not only did the Bat have information he was the one hiding them the joker went insane. Which he found hilarious because according to the world around him he was already dwelling in the category of criminally insane. He left the little robin bird bloody, broken, and dead for the Bat to find, while the joker went to claim what was his.

What he saw upon arrival was not the woman he had come to share an identity, or a life with. Her hair didn’t have the streaks of green in it, a color they had both favored. Her face was unblemished and clean of the scars she had earned not one bruise showed on her skin something he had become accustomed to her sporting. When he finally locked gazes with her he understood why, someone had taken the sparkle out of her eyes she was the shell of the woman he had viscously ruled Gotham with. He swore he saw a spark in those eyes when he swept in front of her. He should have known the Bat and Arkham combined had destroyed her, too much time had been spent on her and they had broken her free and wild spirit.

She threw herself at him getting a few good punches in but he knew it wasn’t the same all of power was in it, but the thrill and excitement she received from the violence was subdued or even gone he couldn’t tell and honestly he wasn’t sure if he even cared anymore. Past this hollow doll was his daughter the small human that contained both of his and Lillian’s spirits in her. He became bored with her constant fighting it lacked her fire, a doll of disappointment stood before him. She had really become the fragile girl she had pretended to be; never had he seen her shed a tear and now as she swung at him tears spilled from both eyes. What a pathetic being he thought to himself, I should put her out of her misery, she will never be herself ever again. He pulled Harlequin from her holster and pulled the trigger. He watched the hollow doll come to life, he had saved her even though that meant losing her, the sparkle was in her eyes as it left him for the last time and he swore she died with a grin on her face, the perfect killing joke.

He approached the bedroom she had been blocking inside was a room decorated for a princess, she may have been gone but she knew how to treat his daughter who would be the next queen of Gotham, which meant she needed to be raised as royalty. She was tucked into bed completely and blissfully unaware of the commotion that had gone down outside of her room. Her skin was the same alabaster white as his and she had a head full of the same thick ebony hair as her mother. Her skin was untouched, new and innocent and he swore to himself it would stay that way. He would teach her that the world belonged to her and everyone else was just a joke, there only for her amusement. He would raise her to fear the normal and sane and embrace the free feeling that came with insanity. He knew the world all too well and that it taught the young to be normal. He hoped he had gotten to her in time to stop that from happening to his Princess. She opened her eyes rolling over to face him, her eyes that held the same ruthless and maniacal glint he had loved to see her mother’s eyes was now in her green gaze, his favorite color… She reached a hand out and placed it on his cheek, she smiled at him before she spoke.
“Why so serious, Daddy?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Suicide squad was awesome despite the deleted scenes.. Jared Leto's joker was as brilliant so much that I had to get something written down about him. It's just a oneshot, but maybe there will be more to come who knows! Also I loved Harley Quinn, even though I killed her. xb

Hope you enjoyed!