Status: Contest Entry

Scared of Love

4.

Tilly walked out of her class feeling even more stupid then before. Everything the lecturer had been talking about had gone straight over the female’s head. She didn’t know what was wrong with her today? It could have been the lack of sleep or the fact that her mind was somewhere else. None the less it frustrated her that she couldn’t get anything right when she was asked a question. Tilly had hurried out of the classroom before Max had a chance to gather his books.

“Tilly!” Max’s voice called out to her but she continued to walk fast not wanting him to see the tears that were blurring her vision. “Tilly. Wait up…” she halted to a stop when she felt his hand on her should. Quickly she swiped her tears away and swallowed the emotion that was bubbling over inside her. “Hey what’s wrong? What’s going on? Why the tears?” he shot questions at her but his voice was kind, warming and his eyes were filled with worry.

“Nothing, it’s nothing. I just didn’t have a good night sleep last night,” it wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t a full truth either. There was so much wrong, her mind was still buzzing with the thoughts of the kiss. She wanted to talk to Max but she wasn’t sure how to. She didn’t know how to tell him that she was scared to be in love. It was in that moment that everything spilled over, the tears she was holding back spilled over and she aloud herself to cry.

“Oh my god!” Max gasped as he wrapped his arms around her drawing her close and holding her tightly. What was going on with her? he wondered as he held her shaking frame. He felt her tears soaking into the material of his shirt. Surely this wasn’t all just over one night without sleep. The brown haired male was certain there was more to it. “Come on, let’s get you home,” slowly he walked her toward the car watching as she wiped away her tears and sniffled.

Once they were in the car, the ride to her apartment was quiet. Max wasn’t sure what to say to lighten the mood and Tilly didn’t feel like talking. She enjoyed the silence as she allowed her eyes aching eyes to close. She soon drifted off into a deep dreamless sleep.

Max pulled into her driveway and that was when he noticed she had fallen asleep. Her head was resting on the seatbelt and he knew if he left her she was going to wake up with a stiff and sore neck. Unclipping his belt and getting out he walked reached down and grabbed her key out of her bag before getting out and walking around to her. Slinging her bag over his shoulder he unclasped her seatbelt and wound an arm around the middle of her back and slung the other under her legs before pulling her out of the vehicle making sure not to wake her. However he soon realised that she was in a deep sleep.

He made it up to her verandah and realised that he had made a mistake, it was going to be rather difficult for him to open her door. Sighing he did what he could and with a little effort he was able to unlock it and he kicked it open before walking through the furniture and into her room where he laid her down on her unmade bed. Pulling the blankets up around her he ran his thumb over her cheek before turning out of the room.

He wanted so badly to kiss her but he knew it was not a good idea. Even if it was simply a parting kiss. Pulling the door to her apartment closed he walked toward his car and starting the engine and speeding off.

He needed to talk to her, but how? He wanted to know what had caused her breakdown earlier. It was more than just lack of sleep he was sure of it, he would call her later.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter :)

Nothing much else to say really

Until Next time
Esther :)

Image