Status: Work in progress

Word Girl and the Seven Deadly Sins

Chapter 2

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Jackie Winchester began to pack up her suitcase after having breakfast. She had made a list so that she wouldn't forget anything. Although the idea of going on a road trip sounded fun, the idea of being so far away from her father for so long was a bit scary. They had always been together. Jackie was glad that her father had made Fair City their permanent residence for now. They had never really stayed in one place for too long. It was nice not having to be the new kid, the kid that everyone would gossip about and not really talk to. She was glad to have friends that also had alter-egos.

Just as she was packing away some hygienic items, a knock was heard on the door. "Come in." Answered Jackie.

It was Claire who opened the door. "How is your packing going, dear?" She asked her, motioning to her open suitcase. It wasn't uncommon for Claire and Tobey to be hanging around the Winchester house.

Jackie looked to the ground for a bit before looking her in the eyes. "I honestly have no idea what to pack in terms of feminine items." Said Jackie. "Can you help me?"

"Of course." Claire smiled at her. After explaining to Jackie how she would always have to pack fast whenever she would go away on business or whatever she would always make sure to bring feminine items in her purse and pack extras in her suitcase pockets. Claire's tips on packing were easy to follow and pretty straight forward. After a while, they had both packed Jackie's suitcase to the brim.

"Thank you." Said Jackie, giving Claire a smile. "You're quite welcome. Have fun on your trip tomorrow." Said Claire waving goodbye as she walked out the door and shut it behind her.

"Well, I have all my packing done but why do I feel as if I'm forgetting to do something?" Jackie wondered as she placed her hand on her chin in a thinking position. Then it hit her. She had to text and or call Rex to let him know what time they were leaving the next day so that he could properly tell her goodbye. She wanted to be able to hug and kiss him one last time before leaving.

Meanwhile....Tobey was back in his house and doing some of his own packing. He made sure to pack regular things like clothes and to not being robots but he did plan on bringing his toolbox...mostly because it was handy and one would never know when they would be in need of a toolbox.

"Thank you for being just about the only person to agree with me on that." Said Tobey, as he reached into his pocket for his phone. Just as he did he saw that he was receiving a call from his lovely and devoted girlfriend Becky Botsford. "Hey." He said, smiling at the fact that she called him first this time. "Are you as nervous as I am for tomorrow?" She asked him, excitement clear in her voice.

"I am, probably even more than you." He answered honestly.

"Yeah...." He said, not knowing what more to add to the conversation. "So...I guess we will see you tomorrow?" He asked her, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Y-yeah. I-I've got to.......finish packing. See you then, love you..bye." She hung up before he could get another word in.

"How odd...she normally doesn't get flustered talking to me especially on the phone. I wonder if something's wrong..."

Meanwhile at the Botsfords...

Tobey wasn't there but as Becky spoke to him over the phone, she had lied. She had already finished her packing a while ago. The real problem was that she had lost a library book somewhere in her room...or was it in her secret spaceship hideout? Know that she thought about it, she couldn't quite remember. She had only checked out this book a couple of days ago and had already finished reading it. The problem was she wanted to find it and return it before she had to leave tomorrow. Becky had searched her room for hours until her mom knocked on her door before opening it.

"Becky, I don't know what it is you're looking for but I expect this room to be clean before you leave tomorrow." She told her daughter sternly with her hands on her hips.

"But mooooooooooooom...I have to find it." Whined Becky, flailing her arms dramatically.

"I'm sure you'll find whatever it is you're looking for if you just clean your room. I can't even see the floor anymore." She was right, the floor was currently covered in clothes and things like jewelry that would break if anyone stepped on them. "Just start now or you'll never get to bed on time and then you'll be tired in the morning. I will be by again later to say goodnight, now hop to it!"

Becky rolled her eyes but began to clean up the mess she made. Bob had been chilling in his hammock bed, reading a story on wattpad. He paid no attention to the young woman who was glaring daggers at him while she cleaned. Becky was just annoyed that Bob wasn't helping but she knew that he would just sass her and say that the mess wasn't his fault. Becky got to cleaning, without the use of her powers and soon enough she got it clean again. She was happy that it was clean but now she was annoyed because although it was clean the book was nowhere in the room like she had originally thought.

"Great..it must be in the secret hideout then..." She muttered to herself as she facepalmed and groaned.

(I don't mean to be an ass but you should really stop dragging those books around from place to place to just read them in your leisure like that at least try to remember to bring them back) Bob sasses as he used his finger to flip the page on the story he was reading.

Becky rolled her eyes at her sidekick. "Don't you sass me." She said angrily but in a calmer tone she said.." I'm not in the mood." Becky glanced at the time on her phone. Deciding that she had enough time for a shower, she grabbed her bathrobe and towel and walked to the bathroom hoping that no one was inside.

Just as she opened the door, a figure jumped out at her from inside the bathroom. "Boo!"

"Gah!" Yelled Becky in response, dropping her robe and towel. Out from the shadows came out...TJ wearing a halloween mask. Becky picked up her dropped items and scowled at her little brother.

"Really?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow. "Aren't you a little old to be scaring people like that?" She asked him.

"Maybe, but you still got scared. Anyway, with you leaving tomorrow this was my last chance to scare you good. This is my weird way to say that I will miss you." He told her.

"Aww...you care." She told him as she awkwardly pulled him in for a hug. They hugged it out before parting ways. TJ went to go do something and Becky went to shower. Once she was showered and changed, Becky brushed her teeth before exiting the bathroom and went back to her room. Almost as soon as she did, her mom entered.

"Your room looks all nice and clean. Good job Becky. Now get some sleep. You have a long journey tomorrow." She said as she went to turn the lights off.

"Thanks mom. Goodnight." Said Becky as she climbed into bed and pulled the covers over herself.

"Goodnight dear." Sally Botsford turned off the light and closed the door.

Becky went straight to sleep. Tomorrow was sure to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! Chapter 2. I'm so happy to be writing this sequel. Thank you so much to you guys the fans for motivating me to want to write this story. Without further ado, let's get on with the next chapter of this fanfic. I honestly don't know how long this is going to be but maybe it will be longer than the last one..I don't know we'll just have to wait and see. Please read the author's note at the end of this chapter.
TO BE CONTINUED..Sorry this was just more filler anyway what I wanted to tell you guys. I need beta readers for this story. I need people to read over the chapters before I publish them and need a second opinion on whether or not things need to be changed. If you are interested please PM me or just message me and let me know ASAP because I want to try and update this story once a week. I am also doing that with the other fanfic I'm writing and I want to try to publish them both at around the same time. Any comments, complaints, compliments, critiques or criticism please leave in the comments section and I will see you in the next chapter.