Status: Work in progress

Word Girl and the Seven Deadly Sins

Chapter 4

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Becky's P.O.V.

The group consisting of Jackie, Tobey, Becky, Bob and Sam had been driving for a while. They stopped every so often for potty or snack breaks or just to see the sights. They weren't in that much of a hurry but they needed to get this done by the end of summer.

After a few days they were bright and sunny California. They had just reached the state line when Becky asked. "So, which relative are we here to see?" The kids were all playing a round of Uno.

"According to the file, we have an appointment this afternoon with Ms. Genevieve Astruc who is a fashion designer that is just getting her start. I'm actually a big fan of her work. According to this, she always has the best models in terms of coordination and her models are always so fierce and feisty on the cat walk. I wonder which sin she is.." Said Jackie as she leafed through her file.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." Said Tobey as he put down a card.

It felt like they weren't really moving. "Does anyone else get the feeling that we're not moving?" Asked Jackie as she looked out the window across from her.

"It sure feels that way. But it's a bit ambiguous at this point." Agreed Becky as she grabbed a card from the deck and placed it down onto the growing pile.

"What does ambiguous even mean?" Asked Jackie as she placed a card onto the growing pile.

"Ambiguous means, unclear or vague. Like the fact that we don't know whether we're moving or not is ambiguous." Said Becky as Bob saw that he didn't have any matching cards so he grumpily grabbed another card from the face down pile.

"I get it now. Thanks Becky. I'm going up front to see what's the hold up. You guys can play on without me." It wasn't that it was boring or anything but this was their fifth game in a row and Jackie was getting a bit tired to say the least.

Jackie placed her deck of cards face down adding onto the pile of face down cards and walked up to the front where her uncle was sitting at the driver's seat. She walked past the blue curtain separating them and re-tied it behind her.

As soon as she climbed into the passenger's seat she buckled her seatbelt and turned to her uncle Sam who looked deep in thought.

"Hey uncle Sam, how come it feels like we aren't really moving?" She asked him as she looked ahead to see that they were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. "Oh, well that answers that question."

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Sam asked his niece, turning just slightly to look her in the eye.

Jackie sighed. "Honestly...it's not that I don't like it but I'm feeling a bit fidgety at the thought of meeting my long lost relative. What if she doesn't believe me? What if she gets security to throw me out? What if.."

Sam cut her off before she could go on worrying. "I know you're nervous but I was pretty nervous just to make the appointment. I had to lie and tell her that we were writing an article for a fashion magazine that doesn't really exist. I'm sure she'll figure that part out sooner or later but for now let's try not to spoil it. Hopefully Ms. Genevieve will want to talk with us by herself without the need for a security guard."

"Do you think she would?" Asked Jackie as they moved up a bit.

"Hopefully." It was then that they heard a loud noise coming from the back and they heard yelling and Bob screeching something.

Jackie chuckled to herself. "Ahh. Tobey must have tried to put his arm around Becky or something and Bob must have gotten mad."

"Does Bob always cock block Tobey like that?" Asked Sam, causing Jackie to laugh even harder.

Jackie composed herself enough to stop laughing. "He has ever since they started dating." Just then Jackie got a video call on her phone.

"Oh, that must be dad." She took it out of her pocket and hit the green button. It took a while but eventually the screen displayed a moving image of her dad with Tobey's mom in the background.

Her father was wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and Tobey's mom was in a simple white sundress that had a sunflower pattern on it.

"Hey Jackie, how is the trip going with your uncle Sam?" He asked her as he adjusted his sunglasses. They looked to be outside.

"It's going alright." Said Jackie as she angled the phone slightly to her right so her uncle would be in the background. Sam was too busy moving them forward to pay attention to the call but when he did he gave them a slow wave.

Just then they heard more screaming coming from the back.

"What was that sound?"Asked Tobey's mother. "Is Theodore getting along with Bob? Can we speak with him?"

"Yes, let me just go back there and..." Jackie unbuckled her seatbelt and quickly went to the back where Tobey and Bob were in a staring contest. Both of them were giving the other the stink eye.

Jackie looked around the room. "Where's Becky?" She asked them.

Tobey, still glaring at Bob said through clenched teeth. "If you must know Becky got tired of our bickering a while ago since Bob." He said Bob with his voice full of venom. "Kept screeching at me and she refused to translate something so childish so she is sleeping in her bed with her music up loud." He pointed to a small mass that was Becky whose music you could hear if you got close enough.

"Theodore, is that you?" Asked his mother from the phone screen. Jackie turned the phone to Tobey and then to Bob. "Theodore McCallister the third, I don't know what you and Bob are fighting about but you make up this instant! This trip isn't about you. It's about helping Jackie get in contact with her long lost family members and if you fight then your group will be divided and not united. What are you even fighting about?"

Tobey broke his gaze and rubbed his head a bit. "I....I don't know honestly. But he started it!" He said pointing a finger at Bob and Bob slapped his hand away as if to say 'don't you dare.'

"Forgive each other." Said his mother.

"But moooom." Whined Tobey.

"Theodore you're grown so start acting like it." She said. "Where is Becky?"

Jackie, at this point had handed her phone to Tobey and Dean handed his phone to Tobey's mother. "She's in the corner but I think she might be mad at me too."

"Tobey, she's a good one so whatever it is you did go apologize to her or she might hold it against you for a while." She said with a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Alright." Tobey walked over to her sleeping figure and poked her a bit. "Becky?" Tobey handed the phone back to Jackie so she could speak with his mother.

Bob had gone to the bathroom to change his diaper. Tobey slowly began to shake his beloved a bit. Becky removed one earbud so she could hear him better. "Yes?" She asked sleepily.

"I'm sorry I was so hard on you earlier and for acting the way I did. I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. I'm sorry." He whispered the last part and moved the blanket she was using aside a bit to kiss her on the cheek.

Becky blushed put slowly got up from her sleeping position.

"You know....even with music up full blast thanks to my super hearing I could still hear everything that was being said. It's both a blessing and a curse."

Tobey chuckled a bit. "I bet it is."

Later....

After getting situated, Becky, Bob, Tobey, Jackie and Sam were waiting in what looked like a meeting room for a big business. Bob was really starting to fall asleep when...

A woman with a sharp black blazer and pencil skirt walked into the room. Her pumps echoed loudly as she walked. Her bronze hair was pulled back into a tight bun.

"I'm so sorry, I kept you all waiting...what exactly did you want to meet with me for? I have a meeting in 30." She took her seat at the front of the table. Her makeup was on point and she raised a perfectly sculpted brow at the group.

"W-well....." Jackie began. She was so nervous about all of this. What if Sam was wrong and they weren't related at all? Jackie took a deep breath and began.

"We know you're not from this planet and that you're related to Jealousy." Jackie said almost too quickly but Genevieve understood. Genevieve gasped but quickly calmed down.

"What do you know about my aunt Jealousy? Are you with the FBI?" She demanded angrily. "How do I know you're not lying?" Jackie sighed and decided that the best way for her to trust them was to just transform so that they could be done faster.

Jackie quickly transformed in front of everyone. "I'm not with the FBI but I know this because Jealousy was my mother. I'm Envy, your cousin."

"Well since we're revealing who we are on the first meeting I suppose I should reveal myself too." With a snap, she was wearing a bodysuit a bit like Envy's except the colors consisted of a light yellow for most of it and a darker yellow for the rest.

"In case you haven't figured it out yet I'm Greed." She walked over to Envy and hugged her. "I can't believe I have a cousin. Hold on." She pulled out her phone and talked into it, "Cancel my appointments for the rest of the day and I will make it up tomorrow. Why? I recently learned I have a cousin." She hung up and walked over to take her place again. "Oh Envy, I have so much to ask you. First of all are you going to introduce me to your friends?" She changed back into her normal identity.

"Oh sorry." Envy changed back into Jackie. She walked over to her uncle Same first. "This is my uncle Sam, he's the one who made this trip possible."

"When you say uncle, do you mean biological uncle?" Asked Genevieve.

"Yes, my father is a human from earth." This comment made Genevieve open her mouth in shock.

"Oh my." She said.

"What's so shocking about that?" Asked Jackie, obviously confused. Then Genevieve began laughing a little.

"Sorry but it's just that...so what you're saying is that you're half alien and half human and your relatives from the same planet have come to earth as well? You're kind of like Steven Universe." Said Genevieve.

Becky and Tobey stared at each other in confusion before turning back to Jackie.

Jackie walked over to Becky. "And this is Becky Botsford. She's one of my best and closest friends." Said Jackie.

"Your face looks so familiar. Haven't I seen it somewhere before?" Genevieve asked Becky as she placed her hand on her chin in thought.

"You might have but I just have one of those faces." Bob squeaked something at her and she rolled her eyes at him.

"That's it!" Said Genevieve. "You're that superhero Word Girl and that monkey is your sidekick Captain Huggy Face." She then pointed to Tobey. "And you're Tobey McCallister, former villain. I follow your Word Girl blog on Tumblr."

Everyone turned to Tobey. "You have a Word Girl blog that you never told me about?" Becky asked him, out of curiousity but managed to sound like she was annoyed.

"W-well I uh.." As they discussed this, Genevieve turned her attention back to Jackie.

"How is my dear aunt?" She asked.

"She's dead. And has been ever since I was born. I never knew her. It's always been me and my father Dean."

"Wait a second here. Your dad is named Dean and your uncle is Sam. What's next is your last name actually Winchester?" Genevieve asked jokingly.

Jackie giggled a bit before answering. "Actually, it is. But from what they told me they were born and named wayyy before the show takes place."

Genevieve laughed again. "Wow, and I thought my name was weird. So....do you guys maybe want to....come on over to my house so we can get better acquainted and maybe stay the night? I'm sure you're all tired of sleeping in that RV all the time."

"I'm in if you guys are." Said Sam, not wanting to stay in the meeting room any longer.

TO BE CONTINUED..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone who commented, liked or shared this story. You guys are the real heroes right now. If I could I would hug you all.

Honestly....I have to confess I haven't been in the writing mood because my mom is in the hospital and I'm so scared and sad guys. Sorry for having kept you waiting for so long. Also, it was my birthday on the 3rd. It wasn't very happy. Thank you guys so much and I'll see you in the next chapter.