Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Arabella: Chapter Ten

She had absolutely no right to talk about me behind my back to MY friends. Who does she think she is? She barely knows me, let alone Mal. I stormed to class without looking back.
I got to class and threw down my backpack, trying sit away from her I grabbed a seat in the back next to the wall. Students began to file in and taking their seats, unfortunately my attempt to avoid her failed. She sat right next to me trapping me between the wall and her vanilla perfume. I shifted in my seat and crossed my arms, I wanted nothing to do with her.
"I'm just trying to help, we're all trying to help" she whispered softly and gently rested her hand on my shoulder.
"Stop saying we, there is no "we" they are my friends and you're just a drifter who happened to find us." I shrugged her hand off of me. Her face got red and I could see tears begin to swell in her eyes.
"Ara...We're worried,"She paused, “I’m worried.” Her voice cracked "Just let me help you"
I slammed my hand on the table. "Just stay out of it you don't understand and from my understanding you’ve never even had a boyfriend." I knew I was throwing personal information at her to wound her but I couldn't stop myself. "So I assume you don't know what love is, when you love someone you work it out. So until you understand love, the struggle of being in love, and heartbreak - stay the fuck out of my love life." My words we're harsh but I needed my space.
The teacher cleared his throat as a warning for us to quiet down
"Now drop it before you get us in trouble." I whispered.
We sat in silence for a while before we were given our writing assignment. Cassia took out her notebook and attempted to flip to a new page but couldn't find one. She scribbled furiously on a page of doodles and passed it towards me. I read the first line that started somewhere along the lines of don't be mad but I couldn't finish it, I didn't care enough. I ripped the page from the notebook and tore it up and tossed it on her lap. Just as she was about to speak I quickly snatched up my books and left the room.

After school I went to Mal's house, after the day I've had I really needed him. I walked into him room and crawled into bed.
"What's up, Babe?" He played with my hair, he always knew what to do to calm me down.
"Long day."
"What’s wrong, Princess?"
"Cass is mad at me." I buried my head into his blankets and hid my face.
"What for?"
"She doesn't want us together," I said with my face still in the blankets.
"Why?" His voice got lower and he stopped playing with my hair.
"She thinks you hurt me."
"Fuck her, she doesn't even know us. You've been friends for like five minutes. Bitch should mind her own business." He got off of the bed and started pacing the room "I'll talk to her, don't worry."
"Baby, just leave her alone. She'll get over it in a while, just don't worry about it." I got out of bed and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm sorry, it'll be alright."
"No, it's not. She's going to try to break us up, don't you see it?" I could feel his muscles tense as he turned around to face me. "Stop talking to her." He put his hand on my face and leaned in to kiss me.
"I can't." I turned my head to avoid his lips. Even with as mad as Cass as I was I didn’t think I could make myself stay away from her. "She'll get over it eventually. She just needs to see us together. She’ll get it."
His hand tightened around my face as he made me look him in the eyes. "And what if she doesn't? You'll leave me, won't you? You’re just like everyone else." His voice turned into a low growl.
"Mal, I'm not going anywhere" I kissed him forcefully.
"Just go home. Choose her."
I knew I was treading dangerous waters but I couldn't leave him mad at me. "Baby, I'm not going anywhere, I love you." I kissed him again.
"Then choose me"
"I can't," I mumbled. He put his hand on my cheek again and just as I was expecting him to kiss me but instead he turned his back. "Baby.." I took a step closer to him and the floorboards cracked underneath me. I opened my mouth to tell him I would stop talking to her if it would make him happy but before the words could escape he spun around and smashed his massive fist into me. I stumbled back and grabbed my face. My face was wet, I pulled my hands away and saw red. I looked up at him, and this time, for the first time, he didn't run over to apologize. Shaking and crying I crumbled onto the ground wanting him to come comfort me but he just stood there and watched the blood stream down my face. Maybe Cassia was right, maybe it was time to choose.