Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Cassie: Chapter Thirteen

'It wasn't always like this. It wasn't always an endless sky of people that broke your heart.' I thought to myself in the pitch black room. I rolled over and pinched my eyes closed.

"Noah!" A female voice called from across the crowded lawn. His sister came running towards us with a camera in hand. "I need a picture of you and Cassia." She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him through the stream of bubbles to an empty spot against the brown fence. She motioned me forward after he stopped his protest. "Just accept it, Noah. I want to get a picture with you and the first girl you've ever brought home."
"And the only one I ever will." He put his arm around me and pulled me close. Leah started snapping pictures. He kissed the top of my head. I smiled up at him and brushed his long blond hair out of his face so I could see those pale blue eyes better. "I love you."
"I love you more."

I took a deep breath as my phone lit up the room.
'Are you awake, Cas?' Noah's name sat atop the text. I couldn't help but smile. Even after everything. Even after our break up. Even after years of not speaking, he still knew exactly when I needed him. I called him in response.
"I can't sleep. I was just thinking about you actually..." I whispered when he picked up. He laughed softly.
"I couldn't sleep either. I could feel you."
"That sounds so gross!" I giggled.
"I missed that giggle..." He sighed. "I'm really sorry how everything went down, Cas. I really am."
"Tell me about your day. Mine was a big bag of dicks and I just need a distraction."