Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Cassia: Chapter fourteen

I spun my pen between my fingertips and stared straight ahead. I could feel her vibrating beside me but I wouldn't give her my eyes. I refused to let myself even glance at her through my eyelashes but god damn did I want to. I snapped my gum loudly and set my pen down. I wasn't angry, even after she screamed at me in front of all our friends and called me nothing. I wanted to take her hand and give her all my strength. I wanted to keep her safe from the monster she continued to kiss goodnight. My hands shuddered in my lap, desperate to reach out for her. I stood, grabbed my bag from the floor and bolted for the door. I couldn't be that close to her. "Cassia?" The teacher called after me but I didn't stop, I didn't even turn back. I knew if I turned I would see her. I would see her black and blue and I couldn't.
I found myself in the dark hall I always seemed to wind up in when I got lost. I always seemed to be getting lost here. It was the only hall with no cameras. Between classes lovers came here to tangle together but there were all in class now. I sat down and put my head in my hands. Feelings bubbled in my chest. Feelings I hadn't felt in ages. Feelings I couldn't describe in any other words than heartbreak.
"Cas?" I peeked up from my hands to see Shea. "Are you okay?" I had almost forgotten I had other friends. I had almost forgotten about Shea. She sat down beside me.
"Yeah, I just couldn't be in class anymore." My words tasted like chalk as they dripped from my tongue. She tilted her head.
"Look, I know we're not the best of friends but I have known you for a long time. And I know you're full of shit right now." I laughed sadly.
"I think I'm in love with someone I shouldn't be. I find myself writing about her eyes. And the way I think her lips will taste. Every time I put my pen to paper all that comes out is her. I thought maybe I was just worried about her but... My heart feels so broken." Shea nodded.
"I know how that feels, writing about people you don't want to. It's the curse of being a writer." She blew her bangs out of her face and took my hand. I leaned and rested my head on her shoulder.
"I've never wanted to save anyone, Shea. I would slay dragons for her..."
"So slay her dragon, Cas." I looked up at her. She knew I was talking about Ara.