Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Cassia: Chapter three

I took a deep breath while standing outside Wyatt’s house. “Damn, Wyatt…” I whispered while staring at the house. “Nice place.” I shifted the plate of cupcakes from one hand to the other. I could hear the low pump of music as I climbed the steps. I wasn’t really sure why I was so nervous. I knocked on the red door slowly.
“Cassia’s here!!!” Wyatt shouted and flung the door open. “Just in time. I was explaining the rules.” He wrapped his arms around me. I could smell the alcohol on him already. Maybe I was late.
“I… Uh… Brought cupcakes. They’re lemon blueberry. I hope that’s okay.” My whole life I had never really been around alcohol. Well, after my mom stopped drinking anyway, before that I just remember pouring bottles down the sink. It scared me, the thought of ending up in that place too. So I didn’t really intend to drink tonight.
“Oh my god, that sounds perfect!” Ara appeared out of thin air and snatched the plate from my hand. “Wy is being boring and giving us assigned seats.” She rolled her eyes and wondered into the kitchen.
“Boring? I’m not being boring, Arabella. Nobody is drinking and driving tonight. So put your keys in the basket, Cass.” He shook a basket full of keys at me. I set mine on top of the pile. “And I don’t want any babies being made under my roof.” He looked over at two kids from school who were snuggled together on the couch. “Anyway, Ara, you and Cass are sharing a room.” She re-entered the living room.
“Cool. We can actually get to know each other.” She smiled and looped her arm through mine. “Let’s get you a drink.” I smiled nervously. “Don’t worry. I don’t bite. I mean unless you want me to.” She winked, sending heat all over my body. She’s probably not flirting. Probably just being playful. She has a boyfriend. But the thing was… I wanted her to be flirting with me. I stopped walking.
“I have to go to the bathroom.” I blurted and ran in the other direction. Wyatt was sitting on the couch with a red glass in hand as I passed. “Wy, where’s the bathroom?”
“Down the hall on the left.” He slurred. I stepped over Shea, another girl who sat at our table. Her dark hair was fanned over the carpet. Why did I even come to this party? I’d been here five minutes and already people were passed out.
“Cass, you can’t do this.” I whispered to myself in the mirror as I locked the bathroom door behind me. “You can’t flirt with her. You can’t think she’s beautiful…” I pushed my light brown hair out of my face and sighed. “But she is beautiful.” It had been a thousand years since I thought anyone was beautiful like that. “Oh fuck me.” I opened the bathroom door and grabbed a cup from the first person to pass.I gagged but took another drink anyway.
“Hey!” He snapped. “That’s mine.”
“Sorry, Alex. Go find another one.” No way I could make it through this night with a crush on Ara sober…