Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Cassia: Chapter five

I blew my bangs out of my face as I strode into the lunchroom, it seemed that was the only time I could see her without some teacher blabbering about papers. I knew I shouldn't look forward to her across the table, after all we were just friends. I shook my head. Typical Cass, catching feelings for the first time in ages for someone I couldn't even dream of being with. After everything that happened with Noah I should have learned that feelings are bullshit.
I smiled when my eyes landed on her. She just put off this positive energy that made everyone around her happier.
There was an open chair! I ran to her side and claimed my rightful place before some stupid in love guy stole it away. I paused before sitting, was I just like them? I put my arms around her, being careful not to hold her too long. She smelled like summer somehow even as the snow piled up outside. She smelled like beach days and fresh cut grass.
Lunch passed normally until he walked in. I saw her see him, I felt her tense beside me. He didn't speak until the bell rang. I ran out with all the others but stopped when I reached the door and turned back. I could see his grip around her arm. I knew I should keep walking, should let them have their private moment but we had our next class together... At least that's the reason I told myself I was staying. I wanted nothing more than to walk back and tear her away from him. It wasn't my place. We were just school friends. So I waited. When he left, her eyes found me, I motioned her to class with a small smile. She shrugged with tears in her eyes before running off. I was tempted to run after her... I knew it was just because I wanted to hold her. She probably didn't want me there. So I started walking to class.
"Callie, right?" A voice said from behind me. I turned to see him standing there. "You're Ara's friend?"
"It's Cassia..." I said slowly. I looked down at the tan tiled on the floor, avoiding his dark eyes.
"Right... I'm Malcolm but my friends call me Mal." I nodded.
"Look, I'm already late for class so..." I started to continue on my way but he stepped in front of me. His body was a wall. He stood at least a foot taller than me.
"I see the way you look at her." He snapped out.
"I'm not sure what you mean." I tried to sidestep him but he moved with me. How could he know how I felt about her? I barely understood.
"She belongs to me." He grabbed my wrist. "She is mine. Not yours. And you need to stay away. Do you hear me? Stay away from her, or you'll regret it." His breath was hot on my face. A million snarky things flooded my mind but I knew I should just shut up and go to class. I pulled away from him. I bolted away from where my class was before he could catch me. I should be scared, should be worried about myself because I knew I couldn't stay away from Ara but I just wanted to keep her safeā€¦
I found myself in an empty hall away, tears streaming down my face. I leaned against the wall and prayed he wouldn't, physically couldn't hurt her. I never was much for praying, but I always knew when I needed some help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Self harm is not to be taken lightly, nor are abusive relationships. We are also always here to talk. &lt;3 Message us if you need someone that won't judge you to talk to.