Status: We are in the middle of editing and writing new chapters <3 hopefully new things will be coming soon.

Sunflower Fields

Arabella: Chapter Six

I loved him but there was something about her... How could I leave him now? His walls were now just starting to come down, he was broken and I was desperately trying to heal the massive wounds people had left on him. He had been abused as a child by his father in more ways than one and his mother was unresponsive and neglectful. He needed someone to fix him and come hell or high water I would be that someone. People just didn't get him the way I did, I seemed to be the only one he was willing to be open with... You just can't leave someone who needs you like this... She just didn't need me to save her like he did, she would be okay without me.
I woke up for school early as always in order to hang out at my locker before class. I had thrown on a baggy sweater and loose jeans, today was a hard day already, maybe my friends would make me feel just a little bit better. I arrived at my locker hours before school would start and saw Wyatt sitting there already, eyes focused on his phone watching some type of video and laughing quietly to himself. It was always nice getting to school early, it was a ghost town, most teachers weren't even here yet.
"Well good morning, Sunshine" He said with a small touch of sarcasm in his voice "Don't you look uh.. Lovely"
"Shut up," I said sharply, "I had a long night, okay?" I threw my backpack on the floor across from him and slid my back down the lockers until I just let my body drop to the floor.
"Okay, okay." He held both hands up, palms facing me, "Don't shoot. I was only joking" He went back to his video.
"Sorry." I whispered, low enough to where he didn't hear me. I took out my Chemistry book to start studying, I was failing, I'd never failed a class before so I had to fix it before my parents found out and grounded me until the end of time. It was silent until she showed up. She had a baby pink top that seemed so fitting for her.
"Morning all. " She sang in her soft melodic voice. I hadn't noticed a few other friends had shown up until her voice made me look up from my books. She sat down by Wyatt.... Not by me. I knew it shouldn't have bothered me but for some reason I really wish she would've been by my side... Maybe it was because of the night I had or because... Instead of asking her to join me I just rolled up the sleeves of my sweater and continued studying.
I got another five minutes of studying in until he showed up. He sat right next to me and wrapped his bulky arm around my shoulder as if to protect his property. "Did you sleep well last night? You look tired." He said without noticing that calling your girlfriend "tired looking" was slightly insulting.
"My night was fine." I said in a empty, half awake voice. I continued to study until he pulled my left arm across my body and and examined it.
"What the fuck is this shit?" He whispered in my ear, his breath was hot. His eyes burned into my wrist as he looked over the small cut.
"Nothing" I lied.
"I'm not going to date some stupid bitch that cuts herself." He pressed his gigantic thumb into my wrist, reopening the cut, making me bleed all over again. The night before I had stayed up for the majority of the night crying over our fight the day before, wallowing in my own issues and trying to claw my way out of my newly found depression. I had eventually became sick of the pains inside of my mind and remembered something that I had learned in human biology - your body can only feel pain in one place on your body at a time. I snuck into the kitchen making sure not to wake my parents and grabbed a small knife from the drawer. After sneaking back to my room I pressed it into my left wrist, and it worked, I was no longer focused on my emotional pain but focused on stopping the bleeding. I began to worry that I'd hit something important because I was pouring red for longer than I should have. Stitches, I'd have to confess my stupidity to my parents and have to go to the hospital soon if I couldn't stop this. After another five minutes of hard pressure and having my arm above my head it ended. I hid the knife under my bed and proceeded to cry myself to sleep. Changing my pain only worked temporarily. Sadly, that wasn't the fix I was looking for.
"I ran into a metal table yesterday in the metal shop, it's not what you think." I lied again.
"You don't take shop, who were you seeing in there?" He asked, his anger switching to this new topic. Thankfully the bell rang and I could escape his question, at least for now. I jumped up and ran off to class.
Cassia would be there. She would make me feel at least a little bit better. English - our safe haven.