Status: Active c:

Edge of Destruction

Runnin'

After we smoked for awhile and ate some pizza, we started the movie, and I was finally starting to feel more relaxed around Kells. I laid on the couch with my head in his lap and my feet over the arm rest. He had one arm over the back of the couch, and the other playing with my hair. "This movie is super gory." I told him, as Deadpool got shot through the arm. He laughed, bringing the hand that was on the back of the couch down to rest on my hip. I flinched at the contact, and his hand froze. "Did I hurt you? I didn't think I even touched you that hard." He asked, panic in his voice. "No, no, you're fine. I just wasn't expecting it, is all." His hand relaxed a little, his fingers lightly brushing the exposed skin on my hip. "Alright." We went back to watching the movie, and I silently cursed myself. I'd have to be more careful about my flinching. I thought I was over it by now, but I guess not. After about ten minutes, my arm starting falling asleep, and I pushed myself off his lap, sitting up next to him and rubbing my arm. He smiled, getting up and stretching. "I'm gonna go change into some sweats. Do you want a pair of shorts or something?" I nodded, "Sure. That'll be more comfortable than these jean shorts for sure." He smiled, motioning for me to follow him.

I followed him into what I'm assuming is his bedroom. The carpet was super soft against my feet, and his bed was huge, with a comfy looking black comforter and a ton of pillows. I couldn't help myself. I walked over to his bed, crawling on it and laying in the center of it. "What are you doing?" He laughed at me. "It looked so comfy, I had to test it out for myself." I told him, nuzzling my face into his pillows. It was even more comfy than it looked. He started laughing even more, now, obviously thinking this was the funniest thing, ever. "You are so messed up right now, its adorable." He said, throwing a pair of his shorts at me. "These might be a little big, but they should work." I got up off the bed, grabbing the shorts and heading for the bathroom to change.

Once I was in there, I quickly pulled my shorts off and put his on. He was right, they were big on me. I'd have to hold them up while walking to make sure they didn't fall off, but they were comfortable. I looked at myself in the mirror for a moment, smoothing down my hair and pulling my shirt down a little. My eyes were so red from smoking, but I looked decent at least. I exited the bathroom, and I noticed that Kells was sitting on the couch in just sweats, no shirt. I gulped. He had so many tattoos. I walked up behind him slowly, he didn't even notice I was there at first, until I reached out my hand and slowly traced one of the tattoos on his shoulder. He shivered and grabbed my hand. "What're you doing?" He breathed, looking up at me. I smiled and shrugged, coming around the couch and sitting against the arm rest. He scoffed. "What, now that I'm shirtless you won't come near me? Am I really that gross?" I giggled, and spoke before I could stop myself "More like the exact opposite. I probably wouldn't be able to stop touching you." I covered my mouth and started laughing really hard. "Oooooh!" He teased me, getting up and walking over to me, straddling my lap on the couch. I was still laughing, my face red with embarrassment. He pulled my hands away from my face, pinning them above my head on the couch.

My breath got caught in my throat and my stomach dropped. Suddenly, I was feeling very sobered. He brought his face close to mine and I closed my eyes. Making eye contact with him just made me even more nervous. He brought one of his hands down to my face, gently caressing my cheek, and I flinched again, causing him to freeze up. "Lyra." He whispered, sadly. "I can't help it." I whispered back to him. His hand lightly cradled my cheek, his thumb rubbing it softly. "What happened?" I sighed softly, "Well, let's just say that someone wasn't so gentle with me, for awhile.." I heard his sharp intake of breath, and felt his body tense up. "His name." He growled. I didn't say anything. "Lyra, his name." He demanded, and I shook my head. "It's fine, don't even worry about it." I pushed him off my lap, standing up off the couch. "No, it isn't. It's not fine. No man should get away with this." He stood next to me, trying to take my hand but I pulled it away from him. "I'm fine. It was so long ago, really don't worry about it." I kept turned away from him, not wanting to see his face. "You flinch away from my touch.. You're not okay.. You're afraid of me." He said, coming in front of me, taking my hands. "Kells, don't - - " I was interrupted by his phone ringing. He rolled his eyes, taking his phone out and looking at the caller ID. He held one finger up to me, "Stay here, I'll be right back. We aren't done talking about this." He ran upstairs, putting the phone to his ear.

This wasn't a conversation I wanted to have with anyone, let alone Kells. Kendra didn't even know half of what Josh did to me. She only knew about the yelling. I started panicking, and trying not to cry. I pulled out my phone, sending him a message while I got my things together and put my shoes on.
I can't do this, I'm sorry. You're really wonderful, and I know you'd be the perfect boyfriend, but I can't. You can do better.
I pressed send on my way out the door, walking to my car and getting in. When I started it, 'Haunting' by Halsey started blaring through the speakers, and my phone buzzed. I looked down at it.
What can't you do? Please don't run away from this. Please. I noticed he had walked out of the house and was now walking over to my car. I put my car in reverse and began pulling away. He came right up to the side of my car, tapping on the window. "Lyra." I could hear him say. "Don't do this." I shook my head at him, pulling out into the street and driving away. When I got home, Kendra was sitting on the couch waiting for me. "He called me." She said quietly, and I sniffled, wiping away a stray tear. "Why didn't you ever tell me about Josh?" I sighed heavily, another tear falling. "I guess.. I couldn't really accept that it happened.. I've been in denial about it for awhile.." I told her shakily. She came up to me, wrapping me in a tight hug. I immediately starting bawling into her shoulder. She just held me, rubbing my back soothingly. "You need to talk to Kells." She told me after a few minutes. "Are you kidding? I literally just ran away from him." I replied, feeling so utterly stupid. "Well.. He's on his way over here." I nodded, "Of course he is." I whispered. "I'm going to go lay down, just send him in when he gets here." I told her, really just wanting the comfort of my bed.