Status: Active c:

Edge of Destruction

See my tears

Kells never made it to our apartment that night. He apparently had to go to an emergency meeting with his producer. Something was up with the tracks on the album he was just about to release. I understood, work came first. I was actually relieved, because that meant that I didn't have to talk to him about the whole Josh situation. He did text me a few times, though.
I really want to talk to you about this.
When can I see you again?
Do you work today?

The most recent one was sent about ten minutes ago, and I was at work. I always worked. I was grateful for it, because it kept me busy, kept me distracted. I was putting some Magic the Gathering cards away in a binder, when the door alarm went off. I looked up, saw Kells standing there, and quickly looked back down. My face automatically heated up, and I pretended to be super busy with the cards. "Lyra." He said softly, now standing beside me. "Hmm?" Was all I said. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I felt really stupid for last night, but I also really didn't want to talk about it. "I think we need to talk." Knots formed in my stomach. "Talk about what?" I tried to play dumb. Maybe he'd get the hint. He sighed, putting his hand over mine to stop me from messing with the cards. "Lyra, stop. You know what I'm talking about." I shook my head, "I don't want to." I whispered to him. "Lyra, I just need to understand what happened so I can try and help you. I don't want you to be afraid of me, to flinch every time I touch you." I sighed, "I really don't want to do this. Not here, not now." I told him, walking away and running my hands through my hair. "When, then? Where? Just tell me." I shook my head again, "I don't know.. maybe I just need like.. some time or something." He groaned, "Oh no, don't you pull this shit with me. You're just running away from this conversation." He was starting to get angry with me, and I could feel myself about to cry. He sighed loudly, slamming his fist on the counter top. "I have to leave in two days for a show in Columbus. I gave Kendra and extra ticket for you, since she's going to be taking the pictures. If I give you space for those two days, do you think if I left you alone until then.. we could talk after the show? Maybe drive home together?" I sighed, shakily, nodding slowly. "I'll try." I whispered to him. He came over to me, stopping a few inches in front of me and putting his hands on my cheeks, making me look up at him. "Please, don't run away from me."

The next two days I had to work, and the time seemed to go by incredibly slow. Kells left me alone, not even so much as sending me a text. I respected that, but it was also incredibly lonely. I lurked his instagram constantly. He posted a picture early today of two pipes sitting next to each other. The two we used when I was at his house. The caption read Wishin' you were here. I sighed, closing out of instagram and pulling up my texting conversation with him. I thought for a few minutes before I started typing anything.
You don't have to reply to this, it might be better if you don't. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. These past two days have been complete hell not seeing you or talking to you. I know you wanted to talk about this, face to face, but I can't do that. You scare me, Kells. Not in the way my ex did, but in the way where I could easily fall for you. You're so sweet and perfect, and I'm afraid that if I get to know you more, or spend time alone with you, its going to happen. I know that sounds insane, and probably doesn't make any sense, so I'm sorry for that too. You are literal perfection. I'll see you tomorrow.
I took a deep breath and pressed send.

After I sent that, I starting cleaning up the store, changing out the trash and counting down the drawer, dropping my deposit in the safe and setting the alarm before I left. As I got in my car, I pulled out my phone, seeing that he still hadn't replied. I pulled up his instagram and saw that he had posted a picture of himself drinking with one of his friends. I sighed, putting my phone back into my pocket and starting my car. He probably wouldn't be replying to me tonight. 'Drive' by Halsey came through my speakers as I starting driving away from work.

When I got home, I started packing an overnight bag for our trip to Columbus. I was pretty sure Kendra and I weren't driving back that night, considering she was my ride and she booked a hotel room. In case Kells didn't talk to me, or didn't like what I had said to him, I wanted to be prepared to stay with Kendra instead of driving home with him. My phone started buzzing in my pocket and I pulled it out, revealing that I had a text from Kells.
I really want to talk to you about this. In person.
I sighed, writing back to him.
Tomorrow?
He wrote back pretty quickly.
Promise?
Promise.

I let out a long breath before putting my phone back in my pocket, finishing up my packing. When I finally laid down to go to sleep, it took forever for me to fall asleep. I pulled up his instagram one last time before I fell asleep, seeing he had posted a picture of himself lying in bed, his hand over his eyes. Missin' you so bad.

Kendra woke me up the next morning, since we had to leave earlier than Kells so she could get all of her photography and video equipment set up before the show started. "Have you guys talked?" She asked me after we finally got on the interstate towards Columbus. "He wants to talk to me in person, I guess." I told her with a sigh, checking my phone absentmindedly. "Please don't run away from him, Ly. He's really good for you. You deserve to be treated right." I nodded, biting my lip. "I'm going to try, Ken. I'll try." My phone buzzed with a text from Kells.
I can't wait to see you later.
I tried not to smile as I wrote him back.
It's been too long.
After driving for a little over two hours, we finally made it to the venue. There were security guards there already and they helped Kendra and I bring her equipment in. It took her about half an hour to get everything set up, and then she started taking test shots. I sat on a couch backstage and messed around on my phone while I waited for her. As the time went by, I became more and more nervous, because I knew that he would be here soon. I hoped he wasn't too mad at me.