Status: Active c:

Edge of Destruction

What I do

When I woke up the next morning, I breathed in deeply before opening my eyes. I was wrapped tightly in someone's arms, my head against their chest and my leg wrapped around their waist. Kells. He let me sleep in here with him last night. I opened my eyes, nuzzling my face into his neck and sighing happily. He stirred slightly, his hand gripping my thigh and pulling me closer to him. His movement ceased, so I assumed he was still sleeping. I began tracing the lines of his chest tattoos lightly with my fingertips. He had so many. He stirred again, grabbing my hand, "That tickles." He mumbled. I giggled, "Good morning, sunshine." I whispered into his neck, causing him to shiver and groan. "Did that tickle, too?" I asked him, biting my lip. "Not exactly." He replied huskily, pulling away from me so he could look at my face. He tucked my hair behind my ear tenderly, his hand resting on my cheek, and I flinched slightly, but he didn't say anything, just continued stroking my face.

I smiled at him. He was so good to me, and he hardly even knew me. We hardly knew each other. "Kells.. What's your real name?" I asked him, realizing that I didn't actually know it. He chuckled, "Its Colson." I nodded, "I like that." He smiled at me, moving his face closer to mine so that our noses were touching. "So, I was thinking.." He started, pausing so he could scoot closer to me, his chest against mine. "Since you ran out on our movie night the other day.. We could have a do over? Get to know each other a little better?" Butterflies filled my stomach and I squirmed next to him. "That sounds great." My stomach started growling and he laughed, moving to get out of the bed. "How about breakfast?"

He ended up running to the store so he could make us an actual breakfast, and I stayed at the house, lounging on the couch and watching Netflix. I had stolen a pair of his boxers from his dresser, and I was still sporting his t-shirt that I had slept in. After talking to him last night, I felt so much more comfortable around him. I was just starting to doze off again when a hard knock came from the front door. I gulped. Should I answer it? They knocked again and I stood up, smoothing out my hair and my clothes, slowly walking to the door and opening it. When I did, I saw a gorgeous woman. She had caramel colored skin, her head was shaved, she had gorgeous curves and was sporting a pair of huge sunglasses. She peeked at me over them, laughing. "And who are you?" She asked with an attitude. I immediately felt out of place. "I-I'm Lyra. I'm a friend of Colson's. I told her softly. She nodded, "A friend, huh?" She pulled out her phone, pressing a few buttons before placing the phone back to her ear. I could hear it ring, and then a voice pick up. It was him. "Yeah, who the fuck is in my house?" She spat, not taking her eyes off of me. My stomach dropped. Her house? I could hear him freaking out on the other line.

My insides felt like bricks and I stood there, stunned. I really didn't know anything about him, so why did this surprise me so much? Why was I surprised that he lied right to my face? All the things he said to me last night.. It was meaningless. I suddenly became sick to my stomach, disgusted with myself. Was this the universe playing some sort of sick joke on me? Did the gods think this was funny?

I gulped, "Look, I don't want to cause any problems. I didn't realize you were with him he didn't tell me. I'll get my things and I'll leave if you want." I was never one for fighting. She hung up on him, sighing and looking at me. "Look, doll, you seem real sweet. I believe you that he didn't mention this. It's what he does." She rolled her eyes, pushing the door open and coming inside. "Take your time getting your shit together, and I'll call you a cab." I nodded slowly, walking towards his room so I could grab my clothes. I could feel the tears threatening to fall from the brim of my eyes, and I could hear my phone ringing from my purse. I picked it up, looking at the caller ID. It was him. I answered, sniffling, "Don't fucking call me anymore.", and I hung up, walking back out into the living room where she was waiting. She almost looked like she felt sorry for me. "He really didn't tell you, did he?" I shook my head, "It's fine, really. I'm sorry, though. I had no idea.." I told her softly between sniffles. I heard a horn from outside, and assumed it was the taxi. "I hope you two can work things out." I told her before I walked out the door, climbing into the cab and telling the driver my address. As the cab pulled away, he was pulling into the driveway, and I saw the woman come walking out, yelling at him while pointing at me. I finally began to let the tears fall.