Status: Active c:

Edge of Destruction

All night long

I had the next day off, thankfully. I woke up with a pounding headache, probably a mixture of stress and how much I had yelled at Kells yesterday. I checked my phone as soon as I had showered, and he had messaged me a few times.
Are you busy today?
Do you want to go out for some coffee?
Or come over?
Or I'll come over there?
I just want to see you.

I didnt write back quite yet. I pulled up his instagram instead, and saw that he had posted a picture of a shirt laying on his bed. I examined it more closely, noticing that it was the one that I wore the night I stayed over there. Everything smells like your perfume. I'm fuckin' hooked on you. Is what the caption read. I scrolled down further, seeing that he had posted another picture, and I gasped when I saw it. It was me. Well, not me exactly. It was the back of my head. All you could see was a mess of blue hair laying against his pillow. Blue has become my favorite color. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and my phone buzzed again with a text from him.
Come outside?
I sighed, running my fingers through my wet hair. I still hadn't put any makeup on, and I was wearing an old band tee and booty shorts, but I went outside anyway. He was leaning up against his Jeep, and he smiled when he saw me, walking over to me slowly. I wrapped my arms around myself, biting into my lip. "Hey." He said softly, looking nervous. "Hi." Was all I said, rocking back and forth on my heels. "I wanted to see you." He told me, scratching the back of his head. I nodded, "I can see that." He chuckled awkwardly, taking another step towards me. "I uh.. I wanted to ask you something." He scrunched up his nose. I had to admit, he was cute when he was nervous. I tilted my head to the side, looking up at him, waiting. He cleared his throat, "Well, I was wondering if maybe I could take you out.. Like.. On a date." "What did you have in mind?" I asked him, trying not to smile. He stared at his shoes, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Well, I was thinking maybe we could go out to dinner.. Someplace nice.. And then possibly try and watch a movie back at my place?" I could tell that he was afraid I'd say no. I would be too, after our track record.. But seeing him stand there, asking me to go on a date with him, knowing that I might say no.. I just couldn't deny him.

"Well, how fancy of a restaurant are you thinking? I don't think it would be acceptable for me to go anywhere in what I'm wearing now." I chuckled, and his eyes lit up. "You don't have to wear anything too nice, maybe a dress though." He told me, smiling. "You're just using this as an excuse to see me in a dress again, aren't you?" I teased him, and he nodded, "Yeah, most likely."

He waited in my living room while I changed for our date. I decided on a purple flowy dress and a pair of black heels. After changing, I curled my hair really quickly an threw on some eyeliner and mascara. I gave myself a once over in the mirror and sprayed myself with body mist before I went back into the living room. Kells smiled as soon as he saw me. "You look really beautiful when you wear dresses." He whispered, touching my arm gently. I blushed, staring at my shoes. "So, where are we going?" I asked, changing the subject. He chuckled. "It's a secret."

------

We pulled up outside of a restaurant who's name I couldnt even pronounce. He opened my door for me, taking my hand and leading me inside. He apparently already had reservations booked. As we sat down, I smirked at him. "What?" He asked innocently. "How did you know that I'd agree you come out with you?" He laughed softly, "I just kinda hoped."

We ordered our food and Kells had ordered a bottle of wine for our table. It was a little tart, but it tasted divine. He kept looking over at me over the top of his wine glass, almost staring. "What is it? Do I have something on my face?" I asked him, worried that my makeup was messed up and that's why he kept staring weirdly. He shook his head, still staring. "You're just so damn beautiful. I don't think I can say it enough, fuck." My face lit up brightly and that caused him to laugh loudly, drawing some attention to us. I stared at him, first his eyes, than his lips, and back up to his eyes. He seemed to notice, and his cheeks went a little pink. He looked like he was about to say something, when the waiter brought over our food.

We didn't really say anything to each other while we ate, just kinda exchanged glances every now and then. I was on my third glass of wine, but he had stopped after the first. When he finished his food, he sat there and continued to stare at me. "Can I help you with something, Mr. Baker?" I asked him, patting my lips with my napkin. He bit his lip, staring for a moment before he said anything, "You still owe me a movie night." "You're just using that as an excuse to get me to come over." I whispered, leaning on the table in front of me. "Yeah, probably." He whispered back. I grabbed his hand from across the table, rubbing my thumb along his palm. "Do you wanna get out of here?" He asked me, squeezing my hand with his. I nodded, "I thought you'd never ask."

The entire ride back to his place was silent. His hand rested on my upper thigh and mine on top of his hand the entire way there. As soon as we were in his living room, he turned to look at me, a sexy smile on his face. I bit my lip, giggling softly. "You're adorable when you're tipsy." He said softly, slowly walking over to me. I took his hands in mine, rocking back and forth on my shoes. "What are we going to watch?" I asked him. He smiled, "How about a scary movie?" He walked over to the TV, finding Dracula Untold and putting it in the PS4. I kicked off my shoes, jumping on the couch and laying down, taking up most of the space. He turned around, laughing at me. "Lyra, what are you doing?" I didn't say anything to him, I just turned over, laying on my back so I could look up at him. He climbed on the couch, hovering over me. "Are you gonna move?" He asked me. I shrugged, "Probably not." He grinned, "Fine." He decided to lay on me, his head on my chest. It was a little uncomfortable for a minute, having him so close to me, but I eventually grew accustomed to the feeling.

After about half an hour, my hand found its way into his hair and I ran my fingers through it, over and over, massaging his scalp lightly. He sighed happily, his fingertips playing with my hip, through my dress. He looked up at me, his chin resting on my sternum. "Hi." I whispered. He just stared, It seemed to be an ongoing thing with him. "Why do you keep staring at me?" I asked him, pushing his hair out of his face. "Because.. I..."