Status: Will update every Friday.

Throwing Rocks at Boys

Our forlorn relationship started when Skylow brought him home after school one day during our second grade year. He found me in my room butchering off my Barbie's hair; no doubt mad about something. Young Brendon just stood there at the door breathing deeply, staring at me like I was a slice of rich chocolate cake. You're Pretty is all he said before I finally got up and closed the door but not before I ripped Barbie's head from her body; shoving it in his sweaty palms.

This went on for eight, almost nine, years.

There Brendon was, sitting behind me in fifth grade with his nose buried in my thick curls. There Brendon was, tripping over his marching band mates only to wave an exaggerated hello as I walked on the field with my fellow middle school flag dancers. There Brendon was, meeting me after every class despite my efforts to ditch him on my first day of a new school.

He was just always there obsessing over me, blessing the grounds I walked on, cherishing the moments he could breathe the same air as me-- it was exhausting; and with all my efforts of getting rid of him it was like he was unfazed by my acidic words or my temper tantrums. He would just say things like "you're so riveting when you're mad" or "your sarcasm shows how highly intellectual you are".

Who says those kind of things when you're spitting out nasty threats and destroying fine China?

Even Angel, who can take a beating, would wave his finger and say 'Hell no' if he ever witnessed me throw plates at his feet.

However, Brendon would have just stared in a daze and casually cleaned up my mess.