Status: Tell me your thoughts~

Malice & Misery

Immortal

"Joker...I'd like you to meet Alice."

The Joker simply stared for a few moments with his lips pursed together in a grimace. "So uh, be-autiful story and all, but uh, ya still lost me Scarecrow." The Joker smacked his lips as he stared at Scarecrow with an uninterested stare, tapping his foot slightly due to irritation. He doesn't like when people waste his time. "So ya went across the country, found a love-ly little unconscious girl, brought her back to your lab and call it research. What's that got to do with me?" The Joker snapped, his irritation now clear in his voice as he pulled out his gun and aimed it at Scarecrows head. "And specifically me, you needed uh, me? Well ya better clarify quick or Ijustmight have to make this fancy little lab of yours go BOOM. And you're new uh, little doll here."

"Now, now," Scarecrow but his hand up as if to surrender, "patience Joker, I'm getting to that. You know I would never call you like this, that in itself should show my sincerity. So just hear me out, let's stick to saving the fireworks for another time." The Joker pondered it for a moment, realizing his words were right. He clicked his tongue before sliding the gun back into the holster hidden inside his jacket.

"This better be r-eal good, Scarecrow." The Joker sighed and ran a gloved hand through his neatly trimmed green hair. Scarecrow smiled in response as he lead the Joker to a couch on the right side of the room, a coffee table infront of it scattered with tons of papers and files. As he gestured for the Joker to have a seat, he grabbed a file off the top of the table and flipped it open.

"Where to begin.." Scarecrow began as his eyes scanned the file he was looking at it.

"How about with uh, who exactly that is?" The Joker said as he smacked his lips as he nodded his head towards the girl in the glass box.

"Right. So, Alice. First of all, I have no clue what her real name is, I gave her that name. She was one of the patients whose medical files was in Doctor Lee's research. Her medical file was the one that Doctor Lee focused on the most, what his journal detailed about. Everything centered around her." Scarecrow paused for a moment, to see Joker nodding, before he continued.

"So what Doctor Lee's journal said was apparently someone had called in about a dead body in an alley. However when police arrived, while she was covered in blood, she was completely fine and alive, looking better than ever. They took her to the hospital and that's where Doctor Lee came in, she was under his care. She apparently had slipped into a coma so they didn't know her name or really anything about her, so all of that info was left blank on her medical files, she was a Jane Doe. Doctor Lee became really curious about what had happened to her in the alley, how did someone who lost so much blood, have no injuries what so ever? So he started doing tests on her without the knowledge of the hospital. That's when he found strange things in her DNA. No matter what you did to her DNA and cells, it's like they'd heal themselves. She could heal herself. Basically it's like she was...immortal. That's when Doctor Lee knew she was something special, he had to protect her, not let her get into the wrong hands. But that was just the beginning, stranger things started happening. He walked into her room one night to check her vitals, make sure everything was ok, but as he entered the room...she was gone. He started panicking, wondering if maybe someone found out about his illegal research and took her away. But just then he heard a scream from the across the hall and ran over to check, a gut feeling that she was there. And he was right. There she was, finally awake and alert. But that's not what shocked him. What shocked him was the blood dripping from her mouth and the innocent patient who was now limp in her arms. The patient had a wound on their neck that was gushing with blood. He watched as she flicked her tongue across her lips revealing two long canines protruding from her mouth. Doctor Lee just stood there in disbelief. The girl dropped the dead body and started shuffling towards him, she was slightly limping probably from her long slumber so her body was stiff. He looked into her eyes, they were an intense purple, her stare filled with such venom. He thought he had witnessed what would be his last moments, sure she was going to kill him. However, she suddenly collapsed onto the floor. For good. She was back into a coma. Doctor Lee had to make a decision. She wasn't normal, she definitely wasn't safe. So he decided to move her out of the hospital and hide her away. Somewhere far, somewhere where no one could find her. And there she was hidden in an underground sanctuary like place. And that's what the map led me to."

"-so you're uh telling me." The Joker suddenly interrupted, he had been listening intensely the whole time. "that this little doll here is a uh...," he licked his lips with a grimace, "vvv-ampire?". He started bursting out laughing, clutching his stomach as he doubled over. "Now scarecrow, I'm all about the uh, jokes, but not these types. What ex-actly makes you believe this? How do you know he's not some loony doctor who was just dy-ing for a medical breakthrough. Kinda like you, don't ya think?" The Joker snickered as he began shaking his head. "She's probably just some sickly girl who unfor-tunately got into the hands of a stupid doctor. Immortal...HAH. If she's immortal then I'm batsy's long lost cousin. And batsy is really a bat." He cackled at his joke.

"Don't believe it? Well take a look at this then and I think it'll change your mind." Scarecrow confidently handed over a file to the Joker. The Joker looked at it with his eyebrow raised before sighing and grabbing it.

"Per-sistent aren't ya." Scarecrow simply smiled.

Joker's eyes scanned the files, realizing it was this girls medical files, the same one's he talked about in the loony doctors journal. He was ready to pull out his gun and kill scarecrow right then and there for wasting even more of his time before his eyes landed on a bit of info. It was the date.

January 12th, 1964

Noticing Joker's facial expression, Scarecrow realized he had seen what he needed him to see. "1964." He stated with his arms crossed breaking the silence. "Doctor Lee...and all these notes and medical files, they were from back in 1964. I thought I was crazy myself to be honest, following a map from over 50 years ago. Based off of a random doctors journal at that. But then I found her...and I mean...look at her. It's been 50 years yet.." His voice trailed off.

The Joker pursed his mouth into a line, taking in the info, reanalyzing the story Scarecrow had told him. He looked over to the girl in the glass box again the words immortal running through his mind as he took in her young elegant features.

"Ok, let's say it's all uh plausible. That still doesn't give me any ex-planation as to exactly why I am needed." Joker stated grimly as he turned his eyes to Scarecrow.

"Well you see Joker, unlike you, as much as I'd hate to admit, I'm...weak. Not as capable." Scarecrow began with a sigh as he noticed Joker's smirk. "I started this without knowing what I was getting myself into. Now I know. If she wakes up any time soon...I can't handle her. But you...you can. If there's anyone I know who doesn't fear death, it's you."

"So you're saying that uh," The Joker smacked his lips, "you're giving her to me?"

"In a sense...yes. I'm going to continue my researches on her, figure out how her body works and if I can do anything with it. But when or if she wakes up, I need you to...tame her. Make her yours. Make her comply. Make her of use. And if in fact she is immortal...you can test it out. Use whatever means to make her yours." The Joker grinned his famous Glasgow smile at his words.

The Joker knew know exactly why he was chosen for this. He suddenly felt that fire in his soul, the passion that he used to have returning. This was what he needed, what he was waiting for. Destruction and insanity in another form.

He walked over to the glass box and placed his hands on it staring intently at the face of the unconscious girl, the girl he didn't even care about 5 minutes ago, but now his eyes were full of desire.

"Looks like you're mine now, doll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again if you're reading this, thank you for making it this far! I hope you're enjoying the story so far, writing it has been thrilling so I hope reading it is too. As for the Scarecrow talking about what the journal and Doctor Lee's research was about, sorry if anything seemed patchy. I tried to reveal just enough without revealing all of Alice's backstory. Don't worry, everything will come together eventually...or will it? Keep reading to find out!

Chapter 3 just might be up by tonight! Trying to have a schedule of 2 chapters a day for now.

Comments would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to know what your thoughts are, your theories, any confusion that I could fix or address in the next chapter, etc. Thank you!