Status: Active c:

The North Star

Two.

When I woke up in the morning, I made my way to my actual bedroom, taking a quick shower and changing into a pair of black joggers and a long sleeved black shirt. I threw my hair up in a ponytail, bushing my bangs to cover the mark on my forehead. It made me more comfortable to be hidden. I didn't like drawing attention from people. I made my way downstairs into our kitchen area, grabbing a yogurt from the fridge and a spoon, sitting on a stool at the bar. I was halfway through my yogurt cup when Tony came walking in, sitting across from me. "What's up, kiddo?" He asked me, grabbing an apple out of the fruit basket and taking a bite out of it. "Oh you know, breakfast." I replied, pointing to my yogurt. He nodded. "Thor comes back today." He told me, chewing loudly. I nodded. I hadn't met Thor yet. He had returned to Asgard for awhile to deal with his brother, Loki. "Do me a favor? Keep your guard up. I haven't told him about you yet." Tony always treats me as if I'm his daughter.. He's so protective of me. I nodded again, "I'll be careful."

Tony had left me to go welcome Thor back, asking me to join him as soon as I was done with my breakfast. I put my spoon in the sink, walking a few doors down the hallway until I came to what was essentially a laboratory. I saw Tony standing in there with Dr. Banner, Nat, and two people I had never seen before. I slowly entered the room, and their eyes fell on me immediately. One had long golden hair and a beard, and the other had long black hair. I guessed the blonde was Thor, but who was the other man. "Thor, Loki, this is Polaris." Loki squinted at me, "You are not of Earth." I didn't say anything, just looked at Tony, who shrugged. "Answer me." Loki growled, and Thor smacked him on the back of the head, "She does not answer to you. You will respect her." I smiled lightly, which caused Loki to sneer at me. "What my brother means to say is, where are you from? You are not human, are you?" Thor asked me politely and I shrugged, "I-I'm honestly not sure." I told him. He looked confused, "Did your parents never tell you of your origins?" I sighed, my stomach dropping. "I never knew my parents." I saw Loki's face drop slightly, almost as if he felt sorry for me. He looked over at Dr. Banner. "May we run some tests on her back on Asgard?". Dr. Banner looked at me before answering him. "She had a uh.. Episode recently, so we need to keep an eye on her for a few days.. But after that, if she's okay with it, I don't see why not."

Thor and Loki were going to stay with us for the next few days, until Dr. Banner cleared me for traveling. I wasn't very sure how I felt about it. I remember when I first got here and they did weeks and weeks of testing on me.. But they never found out anything, except for that I'm not human. My DNA doesn't match anything they've ever seen.

I was sitting in the library reading, when I heard a pair of footsteps come waltzing in. I looked up, seeing Loki walk over and sit in a chair across from me. "Hello." He said, trying to sound polite. "Hello." I whispered, looking at him warily. "I wanted to apologize for my tone earlier. I didn't mean to offend." I shrugged, "Its okay. I freak most people out, I get it." He shook his head, "Its just been a long time since I've seen something as extraordinary as you. May I?" He asked, reaching for my hand. I nodded, placing my hand in his. He examined it slowly, his eyes in awe as he saw my skin glowing brightly. "You're literally glowing." I nodded again, "Its been like that for awhile now. Showed up on my 21st birthday." He rubbed his thumb across my skin slowly, not saying anything else. He didn't take his eyes off of me for awhile, and it began to make me uncomfortable. "Uh, Loki?" I asked awkwardly. "Yes?" "Is there a reason you're staring at me?" He chuckled, and it was a beautiful sound. "I'm just trying to get to know you, is all." "Why would you want to do that?" I asked, pulling my arm out of his grip. His face dropped a little, and he almost seemed disappointed. "I think you're going to come to find, Polaris, that we have more in common than you think."