Status: Active c:

The North Star

Three.

I was sleeping in the room, when it happened again. The nightmare.
Tossing, turning, the burning wouldn't stop. I wasn't alone thing time, there was someone in the ball of fire with me. I tried to reach out to them, but they were just out of my reach. All I could see was a mess of black hair, flowing with the wind. My skin was burning, again, but I couldn't scream. I couldn't ask the person who was with me if they were hurt.. If I had hurt them.

"Wake up, I think you're having a nightmare.".

I could hear someone speaking to me through the dream, trying to wake me up, but I just kept spinning, the fire growing hotter, the noises growing louder. All of a sudden, there was a blinding bright light, followed by immense pain and..

I woke up, panting, my hand gripping tightly to someone's forearm. I launched myself into their arms, sobbing. They seemed startled by the contact at first, but relaxed after a moment, wrapping me in their arms and rubbing my back soothingly. "Shh. It was only a dream, love." Loki whispered to me. I shook my head, "It didn't feel that way.. It never does.." He squeezed me tighter, and I swear I felt him kiss the side of my head lightly. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, suddenly, pulling away from him. He smiled sadly, "My room is right across the hall.. I could hear you whimpering. I came to make sure you were alright." I nodded, wrapping my arms around myself. "That was kind of you. Thank you." I said, forcing a smile. He smiled at me, sadly, "If you'd like.. I'll stay with you until you fall asleep." My stomach filled with knots at the thought of him laying in the bed with me. "I-I wouldn't want to hurt you.. I've hurt people before.." I replied honestly. "If it gets too dangerous, I promise I'll leave and go find Dr. Banner." He said, sitting next to me on the bed. I nodded slowly, "I-I guess."

I laid down on the bed, facing away from him, and laid next to me, his back propped up with pillows. I could smell his cologne and it almost made me dizzy. It was a wonderful scent. Almost like.. Suede and peppermint. I felt him move around for a moment, and then felt his fingers running through my hair, brushing the skin on my shoulders gently. "Does this help? My mother used to play with my hair when I couldn't sleep." He asked softly. He must be referring to Thor's mother. I sighed happily, "Its nice actually.. Very soothing." I whispered, relaxing under his touch. His fingers lingered on my bare shoulder for a few moments before he went back to playing with my hair. I fell asleep almost instantly.

------

When I woke up, I became immediately aware that I was laying on something warm, and it was breathing. I cracked open my eyes, only to see that I was laying on top of Loki, and his arms were draped around me. He was still sleeping, a smile on his lips. I tried not to move, as I was afraid of waking him, but his face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my nose. I needed to move before Tony came in here and got the wrong idea. I cleared my throat, trying to remove his arms from my waist, and I felt him stir. He looked at me for a moment, confusion written all over his face, before he let go of me, sitting up slowly. "That's strange.. I don't remember falling asleep." He said, mostly to himself. "I don't either.. But did you sleep well, at least?" I stood up from the bed, running my fingers through my hair. He nodded slowly, almost in disbelief, "I haven't slept that well in quite some time." I felt a light blush rise to my cheeks at his words.

"Well, I'm going to go change and then get some breakfast.. Thank you, again." I said awkwardly before walking away. My stomach was just a giant knot at the thought of cuddling with Loki. Yes, he was good looking and he was warm and his scent was heavenly.. But he also seemed like he could be quite rude. I changed into a pair of forest green joggers and a black tank top before walking to the kitchen. I was absolutely starving this morning. When I got there, Loki was sitting there, dressed in black jeans and a black button up shirt, with Dr. Banner. I gulped silently. Did he tell him about my nightmare from last night? That would mean I wouldn't be going to Asgard anytime soon.. Dr. Banner just smiled at me as I walked in, but didn't mention the nightmare.. That's good, right? Loki was looking at me, a smirk playing on his lips, and I tried to ignore him, grabbing a yogurt cup out of the fridge and sitting at the counter. "Good morning." He purred to me, "How did you sleep?" Dr. Banner shot a look in my direction and I laughed nervously, "I slept pretty well, thank you for asking, Loki." I kicked his leg under the table and he hissed in pain. I couldn't let Dr. Banner know that the dreams were now coming more frequently.. I didn't want to be put back on the shots..